Pirates 2: a review

Christine

For those who went to see the movie at the Premiere this past Saturday at Disneyland have let their friends know what they thought about it. A couple of friends told me this.

Not really any spoilers at all, but if you don't want to know anything at all, even tho this is just one person's opinon, then don't read on:

"I just got back from seeing Pirate of the Caribbean 2. I had a good time, but I have to be honest, my favorite so far is still the first movie. They put a lot of unbelievable and unecessary action scenes in this one. And it seemed like Jack was not even the main character, it seemed to me that Will Turner got much more screen time than Jack. It seems to be following the Star Wars style of trilogy writing. Everyone kind of had their own thing going on, away from each other, then all meet at the end, and then, you're left with a cliff hanger. I am not horribly disappointed, but I didnt walk away as happy as I thought I was going to be. It's still a good movie, but the 1st movie is definitely my favorite!"

Eh, with sequels, it's hard to be as good as the first movie. I'm going to go in with an open mind and see what happens. I'm looking forward to see when Barbossa shows up anyway. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, but it's not just a "sequel" dear. It's the second movie in a trilogy. Lot's of the rules are different. Haven't you ever watched "Scream"? :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, but it's not just a "sequel" dear. It's the second movie in a trilogy. Lot's of the rules are different. Haven't you ever watched "Scream"? :lol:

Yeah, I do know you can't have sex in a horror movie, the killer will get ya for sure-lol! And never say "I'll be right back!" because you won't be back. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

There are certain rules that one must abide by in order to create a successful sequel. Number one: the body count is always bigger. Number two: the death scenes are always much more elaborate - more blood, more gore - *carnage candy*. And number three: never, ever, under any circumstances, assume the killer is dead.

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

But like the Star Wars movies huh? Hmmmm.....So Wil and Elizabeth are really brother and sister, Jack is like Han Solo and can get involved with Elizabeth and Barbossa is Wil and Elizabeth's father-lol! :D

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aye... eager to see Barbossa's return and all.

I don't think anyone could ruin my desire to see the film. Unless they tell me all the spoilers!

Either way... I'm looking forward to it. Even if the Critics hate it. But then again, if the Critics hate it, you know it's a pretty darn good movie. :)

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ahhh.

Pintel & Ragetti will be long lost brothers. Same mother, different fathers.

Mr. Gibbs is bound to be someone's illegitimate father. Maybe one of the two "rookies" Jack first met on the dock guarding the Dauntless. Upon hearing stories of his fathers' exploits as a sailor, he just had to become part of the Naval traditions.

Scarlett will be hunting down Jack Sparrow when she turns up pregnant after his last escapade in Tortuga.

:D

But like the Star Wars movies huh? Hmmmm.....So Wil and Elizabeth are really brother and sister, Jack is like Han Solo and can get involved with Elizabeth and Barbossa is Wil and Elizabeth's father-lol! :D

:D:D Yes!

I think you are on to something there...

I'm so hopelessly addicted to pirates lately, I will enjoy the movie no matter what I think. It would be hard to beat the original anyway, part of what gives it such charm is it's originality, something that a sequel can rarely match.

Aliens and Empire Strikes Back are two examples of a minority.

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.