Barbossa's voice for the Pirates ride

Christine

I rode Pirates this past Sunday, loved all the little additions and all that, but wondered about Barbossa. As we came to the ship attacking the fortress scene I expected to hear Geoffrey Rush's voice for Barbossa. It just did not sound like him at all. I asked the rest of my group with me and they weren't sure either. It definitely sounds like Johnny Depp for that ending part tho, just before going up the ramp. Does anyone know about this? If it's not Geoffrey then who is it? :angry:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Don't know.

Can't comment on this since I haven't been on the ride. Not even before all the changes... all of them.

So... ::le sigh:: tis a pity for this lass to not see the original PotC the ride that Walt Disney created.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Too bad you don't think it sounded like himself because it is. :huh:

The tracks were recorded in the Bahama's when they were all down there. Geoffrey has a thing about being doubled by anything.

Ever.

He will not allow it. If you so much as see even just his hand in a film you can be assured that it is his hand. His creed is that an actor works with his whole bady and that he is responsible for everything the movie goers see in regards to his performance.

(Shrug) Yes, it's his voice alright, same as it is Johnny Depp that is singing the Yo Ho Yo Ho song as well.

My favorite though was the dead parrot on the music stand. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Wow, did they tweak with the track or something? His voice sounded slightly higher, he just sounded different. I was even straining to really listen and he just sounded different, wow! B)

Well, that is super great it really is him! Now I'm really going to listen for the next time, but I wasn't the only one who was unsure.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Wow, did they tweak with the track or something? His voice sounded slightly higher, he just sounded different. I was even straining to really listen and he just sounded different, wow! B)

Well, that is super great it really is him! Now I'm really going to listen for the next time, but I wasn't the only one who was unsure.

Maybe it was the way the sound carried in the "room"... all the other aspects... ship, walls, room size, and water can affect the way the track sounds including sound effects and sound tracks....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

(shrug) Well... there was no track tweaking I can assure you.

That would be pretty stupid after the cost and effort it took to record it all. Geoffrey would never stand for it and most of his speech is from the original script anyway, with all the same lines everyone loved such as *Cut the ruddy wreakage away!* Different, true when he talks of Jack Sparrow... but much the same.

Trying to hear a precise sound or voice over cannon fire and everything else going on would be hard at best. It's the same with the Jack Sparrow figure as well.

It's not easy being Audioanimatronic... just ask Mr. Lincoln about the night he burned. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, trying to listen closely over that whole scene wasn't easy. The Jack Sparrow was easier to listen to and also a lot more recognizable. Ah, well, just gives more reason to keep going, gotta keep listening closely-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It's not easy being Audioanimatronic... just ask Mr. Lincoln about the night he burned.

B):huh::huh:

And "Burn Baby Burn" was or was not playing in the background?

What a riot.

Either way... I'm sure it's fantastic. I hope that someday in my life I will get that chance to get there to see it. God be willing.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It's not easy being Audioanimatronic... just ask Mr. Lincoln about the night he burned. B)

Burned, eh?

I had some training at the company that made the Animatronics for Disney, the newer ones... And I have a story or two about them...

Didn't know Lincoln burned tho....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

It's not easy being Audioanimatronic... just ask Mr. Lincoln about the night he burned.  B)

Burned, eh?

I had some training at the company that made the Animatronics for Disney, the newer ones... And I have a story or two about them...

Didn't know Lincoln burned tho....

Oh yes...

One lovely day he stared smoking under his coat and the rest as they say, is Disney History. (And the audience cameras caught it all) :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(shrug) Well... there was no track tweaking I can assure you.

That would be pretty stupid after the cost and effort it took to record it all. Geoffrey would never stand for it and most of his speech is from the original script anyway, with all the same lines everyone loved such as *Cut the ruddy wreakage away!* Different, true when he talks of Jack Sparrow... but much the same.

Trying to hear a precise sound or voice over cannon fire and everything else going on would be hard at best. It's the same with the Jack Sparrow figure as well.

It's not easy being Audioanimatronic... just ask Mr. Lincoln about the night he burned.

Understandable, just good to know it's HIM B)

hero.jpg

I found this video on You Tube, it's just of Barbossa from the Pirates ride. Now that I can listen more carefully I can hear it a little bit that it is indeed Geoffrey Rush. On the ride itself it's harder to hear it clearly.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Wow, very cool! How awesome and also a little weird to see your character immortalized on a Disney ride. It's funny how at one point Johnny moves at the same time Jack does-lol! :o

That ride though was done before the *soft opening* for the ride.

It's where those screen captures came form on Wireimage I suppose.

Nice catch Black Hearted Pearl! :o

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I rode the ride twice on Tuesday. I have to tell you, that I grew up around D-land, and was a frequenter of THE ride, so it was with trepidation that I rode it again, what with the changes and all.

My wife and I recognised Mr. Rush's voice even before we entered the room, and were pleasantly surprised by the changes. Of the 3 appearances of Captain Sparrow, the last looked the least like him, in my opinion, but it was a wonderful effort. I had ridden the ride shortly before the renovation, when I was working on POTC II in L.A., and the nostalgia was thick, but the ride seemed a bit shabby for a Disney ride. Everything looks pretty ship-shape now! I, for one, am actually happy with the update.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I rode it again tonight, but it kept breaking down a lot, stopping first at the Barbossa scene. I was able to listen closely since being stopped for awhile there. It also stopped again at the one drunken pirate part with the 2 kitties. That got old super fast! "Here, kitty, kitty! Have some rum with ol' Bill!" LOL! It creeped it's way along finally, but then stopped again at the burning city part. If people didn't know the Pirates song before they know it now, we all heard it enough times! From there it just slowly creeped it's way all the way to the end. The cool thing was that for a Saturday it was not crowded at all. We waited less then 10 minutes to get on and the line started right at the main entrance of the ride. We also walked right up to the front door of Haunted Mansion as well. I love days like that, it's great! :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

This one is hilarious at the end. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thank ye fer postin' tha very cool link! It really got me anxious ta get up thar an' see it fer meself! :)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."