Help with buying flintlock pistol

Ubsey

I've been looking for the past few months online for a non firing flintlock pistol, it'll be my first.

I finally found and fell in love with one, however; have yet to buy it.

d_488_04.jpg

While looking around for better prices, I recently saw a picture of this one with an orange tip.

I'm aware that by law most pistols require to have this, but I was wondering if it's just a cap, maybe it's painted on, or what?

Though it's not a great idea, would it be able to dry fire?

How much does it look like compaired to the picture? (I've noticed in some pictures the wood is rather bright, I like it dark)

And does anyone know of a place that sells it under $44?

If anyone has a review on this gun, the good and bad, It'd be a big help!

Thank you very much.

would it be able to dry fire?

Some of the non-firing guns, the hammer will "fire" (as in fall forward), but some of them are cast all in one piece....

If you meen "Dry Fire" as in with black powder..... then NO.... the parts are only "pot metal" the frizzen won't spark, and the barrel would explode if you tried loading a blank charge in it....

For something to wear with Pyrate garb, the non-firing pistols are OK... but you would have to spend much more for a real pistol if you want to fire blank charges.....

Some of the non-firing guns, the hammer will "fire" (as in fall forward), but some of them are cast all in one piece....

Ahh, okay.

I'm just going to be using it for a costume -- but I would like to be able to pull the trigger without it actually firing, but instead just hearing a click, (That's what I ment by dry-fire.)

- I'm not planning on loading anything into it, it'd just be for show.

I'm afraid that it'll be all cast into a single piece, and I'd rather have something that I can play around with slightly, firing ruled out of course.

We have three of them here. They are nicely made, though not very authentic what with the skull and crossbones on it. But its a very nice entry piece and we used them for our theatrical performances...

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

We have three of them here. They are nicely made, though not very authentic what with the skull and crossbones on it. But its a very nice entry piece and we used them for our theatrical performances...

Hurricane

Did they come with the orange tip/cap on the end?

If so, are they removable at all?

Hey Mateys! I am new to this ship but ye can find that flintlock at http://www.discountcutlery.net/ for about 29 bucks plus shipping. I just bought one and it can easily be darkened with a wood finish. It is a very good replica and I was really impressed.....check it out...also check out my latest pirate artwork for Disneyland at http://www.register123.com/event/profile/w...bID=0x361777a9d

Enjoy!!!

dave