Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

Christophe nodded acknowledgment to young Davis, " It was my pleasure, Monsieur."

Turning to Abbi, he negated her words, "Non, Madame....You gave blessings when God seemed to turn blind eye and we shall forever be thankful to you."

Retrieving digarded coat, he glanced to Lilly and Reiley momentarily before fixing on Davis again, "If there is any sign of problems, you will roust me, Monsieur."

The Frenchman moved to the hall which lead to structure's rear door,

"Madame Crane...I will be out back in the old place."

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker turned to the young lady and said " It would be a honour if ye would join me at my table ! "

Jane could feel a slight blush across her cheeks as the blue eyed door watcher bowed deeply before her. Had it really been so long since that simple courtesy was offered her? It took restraint to keep from giggling like a child.

“I assure you the pleasure would be mine, good sir.” She smiled scooping the green bottle in one hand while following the stranger back to his quiet table. She seated herself out of his line of sight as he continued to monitor the taverns entrance. The red faced drunk had slipped happily to a table with a couple friends & was enjoying his pay off. It was a little excessive given the situation, but she would admit that it worked better than knocking the man upside the head.

“A drink to you sir, for a fine rescue” the delicate glass was refilled & raised to her new companion. The man nodded but said little. Jane shifted in the uncomfortable silence, suddenly aware of the stiff hug from her stays. Another pull on the rum did little to ease her discomfort. Inhaling a deep breath of the stale tavern air, Jane followed his eyes once again to the swinging front door. She wondered exactly what he was waiting for, wondered even more if it would ever arrive.

“If you don’t mind my saying, sir, it seems you have been forgotten this eve.” The mocking smile fell as her tablemates sharp blue eyes glared back at her. Jane scolded herself for forgetting how easy it was to say the wrong thing as a woman.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

“Do you miss your family? You’re friends…your girl?”

The words seemed to echo in his head. Over and over, as a multitude of places and faces suddenly flashed by.

“This is impossible!” Yelled Jacob, as he threw the book onto the ground. “There is no way I can memorize the whole chapter in one weekend! I have no name, I have no position, I don’t even know what I’m doing here!”

As the young girl allowed a knowing smile, then calmly retrieved the cast away book, he realized just how childish he had been.

“Are you done with your tantrum, little boy?” Asked Sarah, as she returned his book and sat directly next to him. “If so, I suggest you keep to your task at hand...”

“I would much rather keep to this task at hand.” Insisted Reiley, as he playfully tugged at his dear Sarah.

But rather than giving in, she quickly stood up slapping his greedy paws away.

“Not a clip, ‘til you’ve finished the chapter!” Sarah ordered as she pointed a parental-like finger at Reiley. “If you want a name or position good sir, you will have to earn it!”

He knew she was right. Given the opportunity to attend the school, it was his responsibility to make a success of the privilege.

“Sarah!” called her father from the street below.

“I have to go and help clean up…” Sarah sighed, as she straightend herself.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Asked Reiley, as he stood and helped the young lady with her shawl.

“Tommorow?!” the girl corrected, with a smile. “We have a lot of work to do Doctor Jacob Reiley… You’ll be seeing me tonight… To study!”

Then following a small peck on his cheek, Reiley watched from the window, as she cross the street to the tavern below. It was then that he suddenly realized, just how in love he was.

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

“A drink to you sir, for a fine rescue” the delicate glass was refilled & raised to her new companion. The man nodded but said little. Jane shifted in the uncomfortable silence, suddenly aware of the stiff hug from her stays. Another pull on the rum did little to ease her discomfort. Inhaling a deep breath of the stale tavern air, Jane followed his eyes once again to the swinging front door. She wondered exactly what he was waiting for, wondered even more if it would ever arrive.

“If you don’t mind my saying, sir, it seems you have been forgotten this eve.” The mocking smile fell as her tablemates sharp blue eyes glared back at her. Jane scolded herself for forgetting how easy it was to say the wrong thing as a woman.

The taunting remark that came from young lady surprised Striker , it almost sounded as if it was something he himself could have uttered . It put a smile on his face , not only her remark but also the way that she reacted after she had said it. Her face turned red and she did not know what to do of herself except to take another sip out of her glass .

He looked her in her eyes said to her "Sorry that I have not been so pleasent company , Mistress... but I will be now! "

He had not looked proper at her before because of the distraction of wacthing the entance . The one thing that caught him now was her eyes , they was a sparckle in them that would outshine even the North Star , a clear love for life and living in the moment . The eyes seemed to draw him into a trance.

"It is true that I am waiting for someone ... and they have untill dawn to find me here ,so it is quite silly of me keeping watch for so many hours to come."

Striker found himself taken by the the lady's direct approach and at the same time shyness.

"Mistress , it would be a pleasure to spend the waiting time with you . For as long as you want to stay that is. " Striker smiled and continued "Have you eaten yet ? I seem to have forgotten it with all of this waiting! Oh... " It came to Striker's mind that he did not know her name " Where are my manners ? Think that I have forgotten to introduce myself , I am Nathan Striker ."

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

The two midshipmen moved quickly through the port, possibley because Michael was a force to be reckoned with once he felt he was free to roam. Joshua Merriweather grumbled a good deal as the large Irish wolfhound continued to drag him off course.

"Not yet, ye stinkin cur," the younger Merriweather growled, but the hound had a mind of its own and both lads were forced to rein the big dog back a number of times.

"Who's idea was it to bring this cretan along anyways?" Joshua asked.

Sean only giggled. "You know he needs his walks besides if there be trouble he'll help ye out."

The younger Merriweather only rolled his eyes but to Sean it was an adventure. Certainly a simple enough one but his mind was already filled with the notion that eyes were upon them both... Wicked, evil sights following them and wondering what they were up to.

So far though, the only pairs of eyes followed safely at a distance. Mr. Hazzards and Gunner Beach casually moved, apart from each other. And although they looked as if each were not connected with the other, and just out for a day's stroll, they continually watched the crowds about them for anyone or anything suspicious.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

"Aye Ian, we'll do im right if that be da case."

"Tell ya wha' Liam, I go t' follow 'im. See 'f 'e does go d'wnstairs. Gather th' finery should we need t' 'scape." "Aye" Liam returns. I slide the sharpened blade out of my belt and slowly open the door. The man just disappears around the corner and makes his ways downstairs. Walking down the flight of stairs briskly I stop suddenly when I see the same man we overheard previously by the mansion. With two pistols lying in the open, and his jacket open to reveal six more, I head back upstairs to Liam. I open the door quickly to which I am met face to face with a pistol. "Careful now bruddah." Liam smiles and continues packing the canvas sack. "Th' man we saw b'fore 'tis downstairs now Liam." He wrinkles an eyebrow and puts his hand to his chin.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

“Read it aloud once more.” Begged Jacob, as he kissed the back of her neck.

“Very well,” whispered Sarah, as she cleared her throat then attempted a deep voice of propriety. “Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish, Medicines! Rubbish, rubbish, Surgeries! Diligent and studious! Rubbish… rubbish…(then kissing him softly) rubbish…”

“I’ll show you rubbish!” Jacob laughed, as he tickled her, then playfully wrestling her to the mattress. “What say you to that, Mistress Reiley?”

“I couldn’t be more proud of you.” Cried Sarah, her words like a song to his ears.

Yet there was something in her tone, something in her touch that warned young Jacob there was more to her tears.

“What is?” he asked, as he allowed her to sit up. “Was it “The Mistress” part? With my appointment, perhaps now your father would allow…”

“He won’t have it!” Sarah interrupted, Jacob’s professed daydream. “He is indebted to Magistrate Skinner and that jackabite son of his.”

Jacob knew well the hold of which Magistrate Skinner had over the local merchants. And having studied with his son, he was also familiar with the spoiled and cruel antics of Richard Skinner.

“Has he been bothering you again?” Jacob asked, as his eyes became narrowed and an anger take holds of his heart.

“Again?” Asked Sarah, as she expressed her distaste. “He hasn’t stopped! Just because my father is indebted to his, he feels he can paw and gloat with his lads, ever they come around.”

“Well then perhaps I should deal with him my self!” insisted Jacob, as he showed a humorous attempt at fist to cuff.

“Don’t be silly.” Insisted Sarah, as she pulled him close and holding him tight. “Magistrate Skinner would have you in the guardhouse! And that my Doctor Reiley will not do well for your career.”

“A marvelous voice of reason!” Jacob insisted, as he kissed her again. “Perhaps that’s why I love you so much? That and the way you…”

“Jacob!” threatened Sarah. “You’ll mind yourself!”

“Or?” pressed Jacob.

“Or never again….”

sig2.jpg

All places of books have a unique aroma and this shop was no different. Essence of vellum, parchment, glue and leather bindings sent my memory back to childhood and my father's library. I had thought it a magical place, where adventure was as close as the next shelf. That he forbade me to go there never stopped me from sneaking in whenever he was away.

Professor Trilby nodded to the elderly man who greeted us. "Afternoon Mr. Stockton. I've brought yea a new customer."

Mr. Stockton said nothing, merely raised an eyebrow and waited.

"She's an unusual request," Trilby continued. "One that I think Andre' or Sebastian might be interested in."

While Trilby and Stockton talked, I let my gaze wander around the room. Gold leaf and fine dyed calves skin graced books locked with silver clasps. Older tomes with tattered covers and ancient languages leaned against rolled maps and smaller folios. It was a place I could spend hours in, if only I had the time. Then a small chuckle escaped my lips as I picked up a worn copy of Peppy's diary.

"Ransom?" Trilby touched my arm then gestured toward the shop keeper. "Mr. Stockton, this is Miss Ransom. Though you'd nae believe it, she is the Captain of the schooner Rakehell, and has something for trade."

Mr. Stockton looked me over critically, then turned to Trilby. "You vouch for her?"

Trilby nodded.

"Then I will let Andre' know you wish to see him. I will send a message to your house if he agrees to a meeting."

"Thank you, sir." Trilby replied, then turned to go.

I held up the copy of Peppys. "I'll take this, if it's not too expensive."

Mr. Stockton took the book, looked at the title and shook his head. "No, it is not expensive. There is little call for Peppys in Port Royal."

He quoted me a price, I paid him, and then Trilby and I left the shop to return to Trilby's strange house and await Andre's decision.

"You think Andre' will see me?" I asked Trilby.

"Oh, like as not, he's already seen yea. For all I ken, he listened tae the whole conversation from some hidey-hole. The Devereaux's be a cautious lot."

I grinned. "This Andre' sounds more and more interesting."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

He had tried to control his anger and leave well enough alone. However after being pressed by young skinner and “his lads”, young Jacob had initially let his fists do the talking, but suddenly found himself on the receiving end of a severe thrashing.

In the days that followed, rather than attending St. Bartholomew’s as a surgeon, young Jacob was forced be treated there as a patient. Still, his dear Sarah made it something of a daily vigil, spending every stolen moment at his side. But after several days of which she failed to show, Jacob knew something was wrong.

“Mr. Reiley?” said Vicar James, as he woke the young man from his sleep. “… son, I fear I have some terrible news.”

In the days that followed, Jacob Reiley felt his heart grow cold as the rain on that funeral morn.

In the days that followed Teddy Burger was the first to meet an unfortunate accident. Thus losing an arm in result of a break, caused by a fall from a toppling scaffold. Teddy was followed by Adam Geoffrey, who was severely burnt in a fire that of which engulfed his father’s blacksmith shop. One by one all of the young Skinner’s “lads” met with terrible, disfiguring and near fatal accidents.

“You know I’m not afraid of you!” snapped the young Skinner.

“Then choose a pistol, you pathetic little coward.” Insisted Reiley. “Lest I forget my attempt at propriety.”

Looking around at the rubble of the deserted building, then to the back-alley mediator, who was chosen to preside over the duel, young Richard Skinner began to realize he was very much alone and there was no money in the world that could save him.

“If my father were here…” taunted Skinner, his eyes beginning to glass over.

“If your father was here,” interrupted Reiley. “He would make every effort to ensure that the “Good Name” of his rapist son would not be tarnished… Then again, perhaps the reason he’s not here is because you were afraid to tell him. Perhaps it would be you he would hang from the gallows…. And since I’m the only person who know the truth of what you and your “Lads” did to my Sarah... All you have to do is kill me and your secret will be kept. ”

“If you think..” started Skinner.

“CHOOSE!” hollered Reiley, as he restrained himself from diving over the table and choking the life from Skinner.

But as Skinner made his selection and start to walk from the table, Reiley also secured his option and stood with pistol at his side, waiting for the command.

“She was a whore.” Whispered Skinner, as he made ready his pistol. “And WE treated her as such…”

“I’ll be taking ye to hell now, Richard Skinner…” Growled Reiley.

sig2.jpg

It was at dusk Lilly found Reiley stirring from his sleep. She quickly drew herself from her chair and lent over him. “Morning.” She whispered to him as to gently wake him from his troubled sleep. “How do you feel?” Reiley yawned as his eyes fluttered open. “Like I’ve been to Hell and back.” Lilly smiled with a reassuring smile. Doctor Rieley was his old self again, at least in his mental state of mind. She took a small cup of water and handed it to him. With her help, she raised his head to drink. “You must have been dreaming last night.” She said again, keeping the conversation low and soft. “You were talking in your sleep.” Reiley’s eyes showed a bit of concern. “Did I say much?” His tone now peppered with embarrassment, too. With a warm smile she smoothed back his hair from his forehead. “No, most of it I could not make out, but you sir, can swear a cloud of thick and colorful metaphors to put the devil to shame!” He set his head back and smiled at her comment. The air once again grew quiet until Lilly lent down and looked at this dressing. “Who is Sara?” She asked. It was then Reiley’s eyes met Lilly’s she could see the pain behind them.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

"Is that fresh bread I smell?" deflected Reiley, as he tried to change the subject. "You know Abbi makes the best bread in the Port. A shame she dosn't sell it at market."

sig2.jpg

Ioan ignored the sounds coming from down the hall, and knocked on the door again. Maybe the Lady was out for the evening. Before the door was answered, Wally lerched back through the narrow hallway, his eyes wild.

"What the hell happene?" Ioan asked, as the big man pushed past him.

"Private room. No business of mine," he gushed, then dove down the stairs to the common room.

Ioan turned and stode toward the third door from the street.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Tess pulled herself her bed and wondered who in God’s name would be knocking upon her door. It was bad enough that her lodgers down the hall were making such a ruckus. Soon she felt her stomach twist a bit. “Perhaps it’s the guards come back to tell me they have found the body of Killingsworth…or perhaps it could be that boy Jack again.” She thought to herself. She stopped in front of the broken looking glass to straighten her appearance, and then opened the door to find a stranger at it. “Hello?” She said with a soft smile. “May I help you?”

He quoted me a price, I paid him, and then Trilby and I left the shop to return to Trilby's strange house and await Andre's decision.

It was not long before the brothers were meant to part. Sean, thinking himself far older in maturity than his years, clapped his hand upon the younger Merriweather's shoulder. Now,he thought, what was it the Captain did before he spoke seriously with the lads?

Quickly one hand closed into a fist and planted itself upon his left hip... no, Sean thought...this was much more serious than that. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and rocked forward upon his toes briefly before settling down and giving his brother the look...one eyebrow raised the other lowered, his one eye narrowing a bit... instantly Joshua burst out laughing.

"What is wrong with your face?" the younger boy bellowed.

Sean felt a chill cut through him and he shook his head as if in an attempt to erase his impersonation of the captain.

"NOTHING!" he snapped, then calmed himself. Surely the captain would not lose his control in such a matter. He took a deep breath, uncrossed his arms and slapped his brother on the side of his head. "Oi ye know this is important!"

"Aye I do, but do you?" Joshua said still laughing but as Sean raised his hand once more, he knew it was time to stop.

"Better. Ye know what to do, now do so and Godspeed," Sean said, his voice lowering to a whisper. He glanced about before he gave his brother a quick hug about the shoulders. Joshua squirmed and wriggled free of the older Merriweather's grasp.

"Godspeed indeed!?! I'm not but taking the ugly brute for a walk. Such nonsense Sean! You are the one that be wandering into trouble not I," he grumbled.

The older midshipman frowned quite disagreeably. "Joshua yer not to be saying that. What if someone is listening? They aren't supposed to know which one of us is to be followed...remember?" Sean shook his head. "Never mind then, be off with ye and be careful with Michael."

"You mean Michael be careful with me!" the younger brother argued.

"Ye know the Captain would be missing that hound should anything happen to him," Sean continued giving his brother advice.

"Not to mention that fiddle you are carting about!" Joshua warned in return. Sean's eyes widened at the thought.

"Well then we best be careful," the older Merriweather concluded. "Now go, before Mr. Hazzards and Mr. Beach come forward to box our ears!"

Sean watched as Joshua nodded. He knew he had to agree. Tightening his grip on the hound's leash, he pulled Michael off down the next alley, Gunner Beach watching cautiously from a distance. It was Sean's turn then to move off and so he began walking, bearing to the right. He spotted the bookstore and hurried his way to the front door, nearly colliding with a young woman and an older man, as they exited the shop.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

"Watch what you're doing, yea ruffian," Professor Trilby shouted, trying to put his turban to rights. "Dinna yea hae any respect for your elders?"

I laughed, sure the young man meant no harm. "Come on, Professor. The lad didn't do it on purpose."

Pulling the professor out of the way, I nodded to the startled boy. "Pay him no heed. His bark is far worse than his bite."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

... and then opened the door to find a stranger at it.  “Hello?”  She said with a soft smile.  “May I help you?”

The door opening distracted Ioan from continuing down the hall. He turned to face the Lady Saint Claire, for it could be no other. She had the stamp of spoiled nobility all over her. He had dallied with her type before, and gave her his best, dark-eyed Welsh smile.

"I was told you were wanting information about a certain Mr. Killingsworth. I've since then learned he is dead, so my information is too late. But, as I'm in need of a bit of coin, I wondered if you might be needing any other services."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"Beggin yer pardon, Sir," the elder Merriweather said, with a tug at his forelock. "And yers.... Lady...." Sean added giving the young woman a double take.

"Pay him no heed. His bark is far worse than his bite," the lady said.

Sean aimed his freckled face grin up at her. "Thank ye Lady. My apologies. Please don't be telling my captain," he added. Then with an awkward bow, he backed his way toward the bookshop door.

Crewe of the Archangel

My apologies. Please don't be telling my captain," he added. Then with an awkward bow, he backed his way toward the bookshop door.

I grabbed the boy's sleeve. "I can hardly tell him if I don't know who he is. Maybe you better enlighten me."

Trilby, still fussing with his wayward turban, groused, "What's it matter tae yea? Probably no more than a powder monkey running some errand."

Still holding the boy's sleeve, I snapped at Trilby. "Yes, and most powder monkeys can't read, so why is this whelp visiting a book shop, and doesn't want me to tell his Captain about it."

I turned back to the boy. "Speak up. Who is your captain?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Devon returned to selling floor, calico craddled in one arm. He was about to inquire what oddity Trilby was seeking currently when the interchange outside caught his attention. The Irishman inclined chin slightly in indication of newest arrival, eyeing the case protectively grasped. With mischief dancing pale blue eyes, Burke addressed Stockton in hushed tone.

"Per'aps the lad there be searching fer a copy o' dat Frenchie's writin's, too."

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Trilby, still fussing with his wayward turban, groused, "What's it matter tae yea? Probably no more than a powder monkey running some errand."

The elder Merriweather straightened to his full height... all of about 4 feet and looked the young woman in the eye.

"And who might ye be calling a powder monkey?!" Sean huffed indignantly. "I am no powder monkey Lady!" He then cast a quick glance at the older man. "And she's right, she is. I can too read and right well at that!"

Crewe of the Archangel

Stockton huffed then went back to dusting the volumes in his keep. Devon watched the interchange taking place on front stoop; chuckling at the pantomime display. The soft tread of boot scuff turned his attention to the back of room as Sean Roberts emerged from former placement.

Quick glance was given to Stockton and Burke, then to the trio outside.

"Now wha' we go' here?...Tha' Prof gain 'im an instan' family? There's a right bit o' it."

Stockton shook his head in somewhat dissaproval; younger County Cork native brayed a roll of laughter.

"And she's right, she is. I can too read and right well at that!"

Inwardly, I admired the boy's bravado. "You still haven't answered my question. Who is your Captain, and if you're running an errand for him, why mustn't I tell him you are being dutiful to his order?"

I also had the uncomfortable feeling that those within the shop were watching the exchange. Why this bothered me, I couldn't exactly say, but after Trilby's description of Andre', I didn't altogether trust this benighn looking book shop or its proprietors.

I grabbed the boy's other sleeve and gave him a shake. "Last chance. Who is your captain, or I drag you to the house of this gentleman and let him perform archane experiments on you!"

Trilby snorted.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

"Now see here, Lady, my captain would not wish to have me acting rude, but I cannot be tellin ye that!" Sean said, giving his arm a jerk back from the lady's grasp. He took a quick step in retreat, one hand straying to the pistol butt jutting from his belt. "I have an errand to run tis all. I be needin to fetch my captain some music ....books, from this here shop. So ye best be leavin me to go about my duties," Sean said. He took another step backwards, until he bumped into the door of the bookshop itself.

Crewe of the Archangel

Henri Stockton paused in attentive care at the raise of voice semi-muffled by structure barrier. A glance sidelong was cast to hovering thieves nearby as plumage endowed wand was laid aside. Fortunately, the upper floor was currently vancant which ment if things became more harried, they could be quelled without query.

Devon read Stockton's expression and set feline comrade down on near table. As he made to advance, elder man raised a hand of caution which promptly belayed further movement.

I grinned at the boy. "I wouldn't advise reaching for that pistol, lad, or you'll likely end up losing an eye to this long pointy blade of mine. To be sure, you're loyal, and that's a fine trait, but stupidity is not. If you weren't in such a hurry to bolt off, I'd have thought nothing of it, but you've piqued my curiosity, and that's never a good thing. I'm also running out of patience, and that's much worse."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg