Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

And there is..."  he pulled Aurore gently closer. 

"I will not lie to ye Lady, but my heart is a confusion of feelings right now.  I could tell ye that there are no feelings still for Mistress McKinney, but it would not be the truth.  So I will be blunt and tell ye that she still holds sway over me. 

I could tell ye that it pleases me to see ye about with Christophe, alone... but it does not.  It pains me greatly, and fills my being with a dread I've not felt in so many years.  I do not know yer feelings for this man and I do not expect ye to explain yerself... and I know it has been such a short time indeed since first ye came into my life, but the feelings I have for ye are strong, Chere, very strong indeed and I do not wish to give them up."

She listened closely to his words with no inkling to interrupt, though his confession regarding the woman waiting downstairs stirred mixed emotions. It was with great concentration that Aurore kept neutral expression at the words concerning the other's sway, but a flicker of upset rose to betraying soul windows causing her to glance away and recompose.

Further comments involving Christophe gave the slightest hint of confusion to raise then depart controlled expression. But the one thing that remained constant within her through it all, was the comfortable feeling conjured at his nearness. It was as if he had in some way reached within the deepest regions of her soul and laid calm the restlessness stirring there. For reasons Aurore was unable to comprehend, this man gave her a feeling of wholeness and until he had come into her existance, she had never realized that part of her to be amiss.

As the room grew still with last words spoken, she reached forward with free hand to lay caress along the line of his cheek. And as if one revelation had catalyst another, harried thoughts became abruptly calm. All of the upheavals of passing days faded to peripheral afterthought and a strange clarity arose. Without further contemplation, or need to do so, Aurore leaned forward to his near hearing. She might have spoken in his native English, secondary language of French could have been put to service; but, the words that Aurore proffered him were not given purvey by either. Rolling forth from the depths of her soul in native tongue, came self confession that she could not deny...

"You are the air I breath; the water that quenches my dying thirst; my sanctuary within the storm...And if there is one thing I know, it is this. From now until I draw my last breath, no matter what Fate deems right or wrong... that will never change."

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tess looked over at the young man she now had acquired for her day’s work. “Tell me…what is your name, boy?” She said taking at her writing table as she rummaged for pen and paper. “I go by the name of Samuel, Samuel Tucker.” She turned her head towards his direction and saw him shutting the door to her room. “No..no, no.” Her tone soft but demanding. “We cannot have my door closed whilst you are here. Leave it a jarred so others will not think me ‘entertaining’. I do not need my reputation soiled and you do not need to end up in jail.”

She quickly found the piece of paper she had been haunting for, then turned and looked at her hired help. “Samuel, I shall need these items purchased and brought back to me here at the Inn. I am sure that you can manage with the local shop owners. Can you read?” Samuel shook his head and laughed. “If’n I could read, my Lady would I be here?” Tess shot him a look of defiance. “Do not be pertinent with me, boy. I can soon find another to take your place.” She quickly scrawled upon the note and folded it, sealing it with wax. “There,” she said handing it over to the young man. “If you can get these items, there is an extra sixpence in it for you.” He took the note from Tess and bowed low. But before he could leave the room she asked one more question.

“Samuel, you mentioned earlier about Reginald Killingsworth…that they took him away. Who are they?” She could tell by his body language that he was nervous about the topic at hand. “Go on…shut the damn door if you must. But you promise to tell me…everything.” Samuel quickly closed the door, but then lent to the door for a moment to see if there were footsteps coming down the hall. Once he felt safe, he knelt to his Lady’s side. “This town is full of cut-throats, my Lady. Many a man has met their fate by the hand of a pyrate. It is told that less than two-day ago, a horrible attempt of murder did take place at the burial of a maid servant who worked at this very tavern. Suspicions about claim that it were old Master Killingsworth himself that killed the gal and tried to take vengeance upon on Captain John Sterling. But the gal’s lover took control and stopped Master Killingsworth in his tracks. It was then told to me by a man who stood by a man who was there when Master Killingsworth was struck down, that the Brethren took him. God only knows if he is still alive, but we fear the worse. We down at the docks fear that one morning a body of Master Killingsworth will wash upon shore…’tis very likely indeed.”

Tess sat there shocked by this news. Killingsworth had not only made himself known during his stay here in Port Royal, but managed to muddle everything up and put his own life in jeopardy. “Oh.” She said turning towards her desk again and gathering up another letter. “Pity. This Brethren you speak of, are they a large family and do they deal within their own claims.” The man looked confused as if he didn’t understand the question. “I don’t know what you mean, Lady. I do know that they are known by the merchants and shop-keepers here in…but this is Port Royal, Lady…best known by the priest here as Hell on Earth.” “Yes,” She said with a pause. “No need to extend the Church’s point of view into this discussion. Go now. Quickly.” She said shooing Samuel out of her room. As the door shut behind him, Tess’ mind began to rage. “So Reggie, you got yourself in a bit of a stew. Very well…I must take the lead then. How in God’s name did you manage to get this far in life…heaven only knows?!?”

It was the sound of the ocean’s waves coming ashore that he first recognized. The rush of the waves continued until that familiar sound was interrupted by the screech of a seagull. Then the intense pain shot through him. His brain lit up like St. Elmo’s fire as the images floated back to him. He could only remember bits and pieces of what had happen, the narrow eyes of the wolf staring, glaring back at him, and the immense pain of the branding iron striking against his pale skin, and the smell of burn flesh before he collapsed under the pain of it all. He had no concept of the time. He did not no how long he had been unconscious. He tried to move his arms, but they felt heavy and the sore. He body still wrecked by pain from the night before. At first, he feared at first to open his eyes for he wasn’t sure what he would see before him. Was he even alive? Was he even upon the earth? Slowly, he opened his eyes, fluttering at first to adjust to the light of day. It was then he saw shoes, well worn and fastened with a brass buckle. It was then his eyes trailed up to figure, but as he followed his eyes farther up, the sun blocked the figures face. It was then, he boldly spoke. “Am I in Hell?” Killingsworth asked the unknown figure standing before him?

200px-John_Wilmot2.jpg

Allow me to be frank at the commencement; You will not like me...™

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

Jimmy, the first out of the boat, stopped in his tracks once he reached the beach. "Holy Mary mother of God!"

Africa made some pagan sign of protection, while Ioan gave a mumbled, "Shite."

I'd seen a lot during my six years on the sea, but the sight of Killingsworth tied to a tree, his body beaten and his chest burned with a brand, made my blood run cold. Overhead, crows and seagulls hovered, screaming at our interruption. "No, Mr. Killingsworth, you're not in hell, but you came close."

I turned to Ioan. "Cut him down. And have a care, we don't know what other injuries he may be suffering."

Ioan eyed the man with discust. "He's a killer. Why not leave him to the gulls?"

I closed the gap between us, then slaped him hard across the face. "Do as you're ordered, God Dammit, or you'll take his place!"

Africa came to stand protectively at my side.

Ioan slipped a knife from his belt, hesitated, as if he couldn't decide whether to use it on me or Killingsworth, then stode to the tree and began to sever the ropes binding the man. Once free, with a gutteral moan, Killingsworth sank to the ground unconcience.

"Get him to the boat."

Ioan took the man's wrists while Africa took his ankles. Jimmy ran ahead to steady the boat. When Killingsworth was settled, with Africa to support his head, Jimmy and I pushed the boat out, then jumped in. Ioan, Jimmy and I took up oars.

Wtih sarcasm, Ioan asked, "What'll we do with him?"

"Take him to the Rakehell. Then I'll decide," I shot back.

The trip back to the ship was made in silence, but I could see the question on each face. "Why have you rescued a killer?"

Why indeed, I mused, and continued to row.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Sabastian swung wearily onto equine comrade and gave one last glance to Bookseller's second story. The temptation to return upstairs and sleep for a handful of hours played his mind, but the thought of having to answer any queries presented by elder sibling made the notion unappetizing. Andre' had left word of venture across the way in Kingston; a messege that gave some comfort to Sabastian's senses.

A nod was given to Franklin who had recovered Old Tucker from local livery, and the two riders set out to cottage destination. He mused lightly as the edge of town gave way to more unsettled panorama. With the incidents of morning's requirements settled, some of the tension he had carried slipped away.

Returning home would allow the rest of tension to leech away and Beggar Prince looked forward to a long rest in four poster surround. Word had been received at land's reachieval, and all seemed to have regained some semblence of even keel. Sterling had survived and was doing as best as could be expected in the aftermath.

Readjusting his seating, Noir's sides were dug into causing increase of speed. Soon Sabastian would be able to gain some visage of relaxation and put ill events into the past with so many others..

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

She might have spoken in his native English, secondary language of French could have been put to service; but, the words that Aurore proffered him were not given purvey by either. Rolling forth from the depths of her soul in native tongue, came self confession that she could not deny...

"You are the air I breath; the water that quenches my dying thirst; my sanctuary within the storm...And if there is one thing I know, it is this. From now until I draw my last breath, no matter what Fate deems right or wrong... that will never change."

He could barely grasp her meaning, the language she spoke caused him to struggle with its meaning, and yet, if Sterling guessed correctly from her actions and her expression, it was something he could be sure about. For a moment, he wanted to press her, have her translate for him what she had just told him and yet, when she gently stroked his cheek, it was all he could to to take her hand and press it still and lean into her palm. He closed his eyes, the feel of her touch both relaxing him and stirring the hunger inside him simultaneously.

"Oh God, Lady, I love ye," he whispered.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

It took a moment for his words to gain full impact and Aurore drew back slightly to read Sterling's expression. A smile tickled the edges of her mouth with the total realization of what had just transpired and she leanded forward to bestow a kiss as a sealing of accord. Drawing back just enough to speak, she whispered with silkened smooth....

"And I you, mon amour."

A smile tickled the edges of her mouth with the total realization of what had just transpired and she leanded forward to bestow a kiss as a sealing of accord. Drawing back just enough to speak, she whispered with silkened smooth....

"And I you, mon amour."

With just a few words, rolled up into a single token, all seemed to settle into place. Sterling breathed, the first breath in several days that finally seemed to speak that things would soon turn to right in his life... And yet he was concerned about the woman downstairs. He did not know what to tell her, for he did not wish to cause her any hurt... and yet she had played him most fouly for years... and now with a son. To say he was uncertain as how to proceed was an understatement.

He looked up at Aurore. "I need speak with Mistress McKinney Chere. Will ye trust me alone with her?"

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Aurore's expression gave a fleet shadow of concern as she replied,"Faire confiance a qu, qch?...Oui." Regaining full standing she backed a pace and watched him carefully before speaking again.

"I do not wish for you to become worn out by all of this for you need rest, but I will do as is requested. Do you wish for me to send up someone to be by your side while she is here?" She queried cautiously.

Aurore's expression gave a fleet shadow of concern as she replied,"Faire confiance a qu, qch?...Oui." Regaining full standing she backed a pace and watched him carefully before speaking again.

"I do not wish for you to become worn out by all of this for you need rest, but I will do as is requested. Do you wish for me to send up someone to be by your side while she is here?" She queried cautiously.

Sterling watched her, if he could he would send the actress away to discuss maters at another time. Surely the shock of coming home and finding Lilly already in Aurore's home and bedroom, was enough to be upsetting to the young woman.

"I am sorry Chere. I had no idea that Mistress McKinney would make her way here. Although in all honesty, it does not suprise me. I believe her to be concerned as well, regarding my injury, so please try to understand why she has come. And," he sighed slightly. "I think after yer first meeting with Mistress McKinney, you know she is not one to take the word "no" easily. As to another person being present, aye I concure that, that would be a wonderful idea, and in hopes to ease yer mind a bit, I shall let ye chose whom ye would wish to chaperone."

Crewe of the Archangel

Sabastian and Franklin cleared the gates at main entrance and allowed mounts leisurly pace. As the clearing was entered, no thought was given to the carriage the occupied side yard; Sabastian assumed it had been hired by the doctor tending Sterling's injury. But as they neared the paddock, passing coach proximity, he noted that the was not at total rest...its' means of movement still harnessed ahead when no animals would have been left in such a state overnight. The realization spread a deep scowl over wolfish features, followed by quick dismount.

The only focus that existed in the world was domocile entrance, Sabastian moved with urgency from yard to foyer leaving door agape. He paused there as if scenting the interior's mood then looked to the stairwell. Steps were taken two at a time, the hallway's legnth conquered quickly. He paid no mind to first chamber's being, but continued onward to final door without pause. Knocking protocal was barely issued as heavy oak was moved into open position.

Beggar Prince stood thresh hold framing, quick eyes surveying the room's being before coming to rest on sister and injured lover.

As to another person being present, aye I concure that, that would be a wonderful idea, and in hopes to ease yer mind a bit, I shall let ye chose whom ye would wish to chaperone."

The two looked across the expanse of Aurore's bedroom as door was opened without word of invitation. Sterling looked to the appearance of his host and gave a welcoming nod of his head. Then he looked to Aurore.

Crewe of the Archangel

Aurore caught Sterling's glance and reached for his hand, giving a small squeeze of reassurance. It was obvious to her that Sabastian was exhausted and the worry that currently haunted his eyes made her feel pang of guilt. The room was deathly quiet and a tension hung the air with a cloud of all extream emotions having transpired there in odd mixture.

With observation that all was at calm, Sabastian's tense stance relaxed a degree and he managed a ghost of smile towards the other two. Dark sights, so much like sibling's in near distance, centered on Sterling and a hint of smug nature came forth with verbose.

"I see you have cheated the Collector of Souls, eh Capitaine?"

After a long cry on the good doctor’s shoulder, he calmed her and told her that her Captain was on the mend and his recovery would take a bit of time. With a smile he offered her a cup of tea and went into the kitchen to have one of the servants bring it out to her. It was when Reiley stepped out of the room; Lilly saw Sebastian and Franklin return from their travels. She saw them pass through the main gate then off to the stables. It was only seconds later she heard heavy foot-fall from one of the men as he took the stairs up the main stairwell. Then everything went quite for a moment. Lilly sat there in anticipation thinking the worst, but soon she could hear the mumble voice of Sebastian floating down the stairs. The endless waiting for Captain Sterling was killing her. She dreaded the confrontation. She started to tear up once again. It had never been easy for the two of them she thought…there was always something pulling at them in different directions. She either found herself deliriously happy and dreadfully miserable. All she knew is that she loved him and would do anything to keep him.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Aurore caught Sterling's glance and reached for his hand, giving a small squeeze of reassurance. It was obvious to her that Sabastian was exhausted and the worry that currently haunted his eyes made her feel pang of guilt. The room was deathly quiet and a tension hung the air with a cloud of all extream emotions having transpired there in odd mixture.

With observation that all was at calm, Sabastian's tense stance relaxed a degree and he managed a ghost of smile towards the other two. Dark sights, so much like sibling's in near distance, centered on Sterling and a hint of smug nature came forth with verbose.

"I see you have cheated the Collector of Souls, eh Capitaine?"

"Aye that I have," Sterling said. "God is good, He has provided me with the very best of people to help me in my time of need. I am truly thankful to you and yours, Sir. But it distresses me greatly that I cannot reckon on a reason as to why Killingsworth has this family in his sights. And if, I am to blame, I not only apologize for placing you in danger but say the word and I will take my leave and go elsewhere." His gaze traveled as he spoke to rest on Aurore. Once there, it fixed itself. "There are those here that have grown to have a place in my heart and I would not wish to see them suffer because of me."

Crewe of the Archangel

I had wandered into this tavern. Mainly out of curiosity. This had been the place of the poor maid’s death. Then come to find out her supposed to have killed her had shot a capt’n and gone missing.

“Is there no one where that will procure such a man for me?” I heard ring out through the place. A woman, obviously out of place with all her gowns and dresses, Stepped downed the stairs and shouted. Some burly man piques up and offers his assistance. So out of boredom I decide to follow and see what might be going on.

Following down to the docks I quickly ditch my coat, vest, and other effects in the bushes. Disguising myself as a dock worker, I listen in on the conversation.

“I am looking for a man. He goes by the name of Killingsworth.” The crowd got quiet on that. I thought to myself, “this man dangerous. No one wants to even talk about him.”

All I have heard is the barkeep’s opinion of the subject.

“No Lady. No amount of money could make us say. We value our lives too much. It is best that you not mention his name here on the docks. There are 'others' that would wish him ill-will.” Piped one of the dock workers. I soon fell into the shadows and slipped away.

Returning back the Shipp, I ordered an ale and hoped the lady would return. I was intrigued. I wondered what could be behind all this. This Killingsworth might be worth something to someone. Maybe this lady would want some info. If I could find it. Then with a rush she walked in, up to her room with a young man in tow.

I waited. Then this young man rushed out the door. I recognized him from when we docked earlier. “Sam.” I thought to myself. I followed. He seemed to be spending quite a lot, more than usual. I confronted him.

“Hello, Sam!” I shouted in a happy manner.

“Uhh, oh, hello.”

“Aye, do you not remember me? I came aboard the Majesty, a few days ago. Maybe you remember my mate Ritter?”

“Aye, yes.” His eyes widened, “Are you Jack?”

“The one and only.”

“Oh you saved your captain jus’ before came to port, aye. Ritter wouldn’t stop talking ‘bout you. He loves you like a son you know.”

“Yes, I am grateful for everything he’s done for me. Tell me why are rushing about so?”

“Well, this fancy lady offers me a good sum of money to go and do some things with her.

She seems to be looking for a Killingsworth.” Replied my new friend.

“Well, any word on his where ‘bouts my good man?”

“I don’t know, but you might try the Three Crownes, there might be someone who could help you.” He said with a wink.

“Thank you, kind sir. If you happen to have any more to tell me, please do not hesitate.” I said as I slipped a few coins into his hands.

On my way to the three crowns….

Sabastian rubbed his chin in thought, what played out before him being taken in with acute observation. He said nothing in reply, but seemed to take his time digesting and evaluating Sterling's words measure by measure. There was a fire of cunning that played his eye as center turned to younger sibling.

"Renard, leave us s'il vous plait..."

She glanced to Sterling as if uncertain to follow brother's wishes then gave smallish nod of acord. Release of Lover's hand was hesitant, then moving to doorway's gape she looked to Sterling one last time before retreating to the hallway's surround, door closing quietly behind.

Sabastian raised a brow slightly, "It apears there is far more here than meets the eye, non? You are free to remain here for I was informed of the seriousness of your injuries. Have no concern for us, Capitaine..." A secretive smile crossed wolfish features. "I do not think that the man named will be so bold to cross us again."

Sabastian chuckled.

"I will only assume that you have some idea of our origins by now. And I will tell you that there is an old belief amongst the Clans that God has blessed us for stealing the spike ment for Christ's heart on Calvary....Perhaps some of that luck has rubbed off on you?"

He moved to the chair near bedside and sat down heavily.

Sterling watched as his host sat heavily in the chair. He could only guess at how exhausted the man must be after all that had occured recently. He knew only too well how dear the loss of a loved one could be felt. "I thank ye then for yer kind hospitality. I confess it would be hard to leave this place at the given moment, for more reasons than just an injury." He fell quiet for a moment as he contemplated what Sabastain had said, he felt a mixture of relief and alarm at the brother's words. "Is he dead then? Killingsworth?"

Crewe of the Archangel

A slow smile crossed swarthy complexion as he reached for crystal decanter on bedside table, " One could say as much." Pouring dark fluid into waiting goblet he handed it to Sterling, then filled another savoring deep draught.

"You need not thank me, Monsuier. My sister seems happy and her happiness is my only concern."

The goblet was refilled and Sabastian looked upon companion, contemplating if he should query matters that were suspected.

Sterling gave a nod as filled glass was given over to his keeping. A toast could have been called for and yet his mind lingered over the other's words..." One could say as much." It troubled him to think that matters had not been concluded as he would have like personally. He looked at Sabastain, took a sip of his drink then spoke again. "Can yer people keep Aurore safe? I am in poor condition to look to her myself at the moment, although I would die trying to protect her. I must state that, although I do not wish Killingsworth's blood upon yer hands, I am saddened to hear he yet lives. "

Crewe of the Archangel

"Keep her safe? Oh there is no question of it and this is not the only rabbit hole in the warren to be occupied."

Sabastian leaned back into the chair's giving support and fixed Sterling with a speculative eye. Another draught was consumed, "If living is what you would wish to call it....I myself would not."

The goblet was set aside, " Tell me, Capitaine...You strike me as a man of noble intents and I cannot express to you how kindly I appreciate your concern for my sister...But truly, you must not feel obligated to protect and worry for her well being so..."

Sabastian allowed the words to hang in the air and casually refilled wanting crystal.

The ship rising and fall with swell, I slip up the side.

“I Must be crazy.” I thought, “Well to late now.”

I peek through the bars of the rail. The ship is quiet. A few shipmates on deck, drinking of course. I slip pass them with no problem and roll down to the holds. Most everyone is asleep.

After paying a visit to the Three Crownes, I found out that Killingsworth was taken with this capt’n. I spend a good day and eve there, hoping for a tid bit of info. With some more digging and rounds of rum, I find he is being held aboard the Rakesall.

Finding my way, I see a door with a man asleep in front of it. As if he was guarding it.

I slip in front, I notice that it is the first mate of this ship Ioan. I pull a dagger and cup his mouth, “Please sir, do be quiet. I have a proposition for you.” "“and I promise you it will be quite lucrative ."

Robert Darnly paused for a moment in front of the small room that now was the make shift nursary. He looked upon the infant boy and then to the nurse maid who tended to him.

It was easy enough to 're-acquire' the child from his hideaway in the north country. No one would ever expect that it was his men who came under cloak of darkness and took the child from his resting place, killing the farmer and his wife then burning the farm down around them to hide the bodies.

Robert Darnly's eyes fixed on the child again then walked away from the nursary door. "When you come back Lilly. You have a lot to explain."

I appreciate your concern for my sister...But truly, you must not feel obligated to protect and worry for her well being so..."

Sabastian allowed the words to hang in the air and casually refilled waiting crystal.

Sterling sat up in the bed, trying to find a comfortable position, before he resumed turning the glass in his hand. For a moment, he felt like a young lad again, courting for the very first time. And yet, as he glanced across at Aurore's brother, knowing all too well his keeping of her, he felt somewhat intimadated as well. He peered downward into the claret coloured depths.

"Mayhaps what I have to say will sound foolish to ye, but in the short period of time that we have all been thrust together I have come to grow very fond of yer sister. I cannot explain the feelings I pocess for her, but they are real and honestly, I would not wish to change them. She has already shown herself quite special.... Perchance it is my illness or now the injury, but I have learned all too well that one's life can change in a blink of an eye. It is far too precious... and far too short," He looked at Sabastian.

"We both know well enough that Morgan intends to sail against Portebello as soon as he can and until that time I wish to spend every moment I can with Aurore.... but I wish to make it proper as I care that much for her. If she will have me."

Crewe of the Archangel

Sabastian watched Sterling with faux aloofness, the entire time measuring words and sincerity. He finished final rouge existance captured in crystal cage and stood reaching within the recesses of hidden coat pocket with secretive smile.

"In our ways, it is always if they will take us and I think she has already made up her mind, Capitaine."

His hand withdrew from coat hidding and within its grasp hung a legnth of brightly colored silk. Sabastian proffered cloth to Sterling with a knowing wink, "There may come a time when that may be of service to you, ami. Now, is there anything to which I might be of further aid?"