Port Royal, Jamaica

sirhenrymorgan

Puzzlement crossed Aurore's features at Sterling's question, but his touch placed her at instant ease as she whispered, "Non, mon cher..."

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His hand slipped about her waist. He closed his eyes, wishing he could pull her nearer... he needed her now, more than he had ever thought he could and in more ways then just physically. He chuckled softly to himself, not that he was in any condition to pleasure her at the moment. Instead he took a deep breath and nodded his head in the direction of the paper Meagan had just completed for him.

"There is something I have not told ye yet. Mainly since there truly has not been the time to tell ye. I would ye would look over that information. Chere, there is a child, a boy... I did not learn of him until just a few days past. I want ye to know as I want no secrets between us. I know not what Mistress McKinney will require regarding the child, but I cannot abandon it and will do what I can to raise him proper."

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The sooth of his voice lent some comfort to the frenzy of emotions that suddenly stirred as white squall within her soul. The cunning control that lay as partial bequethment of childhood name kept any evidence of her fears from rising up to Sterling's viewing.

Aurore nodded silent accord, hesitantly leaving the security she felt with his semi-embrace and reviewed what indicated parchment contained. Twice over contents were surveyed then she turned slowly to hold him within visual frame.

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

He watched her as she moved from him to do as he asked. For the time, he felt lost, wondering if she would understand. "I think it is the least I can do. Even ... even if he is truly not my own issue, knowing Mistress McKinney's fondness for ready cash, it is the least I can do, to include him along with Sarah in my will. If," he felt the next few words catch in his throat before he could speak them, a sudden nervousness overwhelming him. He swallowed before he could continue. "If, I were to ... remarry... say there were a girl that would ... have me... she as well as any other children would also be added into the will's keeping. I can not promise ye ...her ... the woman that might wed me....much, but I shall do the best I can."

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Aurore returned to Sterling's side, sitting carefully upon the surface as to not disturb his placement. She said nothing in response, her expression radiating nothing more than what was felt in her heart. As an overature of compassion; of understanding and in turn devotion; Aurore leaned forward, proffering gentle brush of full lips upon his own.

An action that spoke far more than the cumbersome navigation of words would manage render.

It was all he could do but to stare at her as she pulled back gently from him. "Tis glad I am that ye do understand then," he whispered. "I could no longer abandon this child then you could cast little Meagan back into the Port under her own care and guidance. Thank ye." His hand slipped back about her waist, then slowly began to stray over her form.

"When this meeting is over, come back and read to me? I could do with something to stir my mind a bit and... " he looked up at her, his hand coming to rest along her cheek. "And I am in need of yer good company."

Crewe of the Archangel

It was dawn , the sky was scarlet to behold and one could still see a bit of the fog that was drifting away with the salty sea breeze .

The docks were already bustling with activity . Men carrying goods and supplies on board ships , stands opening and fishermen sailing out to sea .

Striker was wandering the docks pondering were to start asking first , the harbour master or the workers and sailers. He decided to ask the sailors while making his way to the harbour office.

After a couple of failors and no answers to his questions he found one with the answers he needed . "Aye , Capt'n Sterlin' ... He be the Capt'n of the Archangel

... The capt'n been shot a coup'le of days ago , he been seen by none since then ... Mayhab his lieutenant Mr. March be of help to ye , he be at the shipyards seeing to the Angel " said a old ropper sitting on a barrel while smoking his pipe.

Striker thanked the man with a half of crown and went towards the shipyards. The Shipyards were busy , with the war against the Spanish coming nearer . The workers pointed out the Angel to him.

Striker went to ship that was being refitted and yelled out "Is there a Mr. March here ?"

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

The careening finished, the ship had been set to rights once more and the other numerous tasks of refitting and restocking had commenced. Andrew March, surrounded by Mr. Hazzards and two rather tired midshipmen, made his way about, scrutinizing each worker from the shipyards as they cared for their grand Lady, The Archangel.

"Someone be hailing ye," Hazzards remarked as March corrected one of the men.

"It will not do!" Andrew said, as he finally straightened and looked over the side to where Hazzards had indicated.

"I be Andrew March, and who might ye be?" he called. With a frown he chastised the worker once more before he turned his complete attention on the man upon the dock.

"I am Nathan Striker , Captain of La Maligna " replied Striker "I am bearing both good and Ill news to Captain Sterling .... May I have permission to come aboard ? " asked Striker while looking up at Mr. March standing at the Angels Bow.

Striker walked aboard the Angel where the workers were refitting and getting

scold at by midshipmen and was greeted by Mr. March and Mr.Hazzard which both looked worried as if the Devil was coming with illstarred news.

"I have news about Killingsworth and it is that he is doing the dance macabre which is the good news ... the ill news is that there are other forces at hand that also are trying to do Master Sterling in .... It all has do with a Mistress McKinney.

That is all I can say without seeing the captain myself " said Striker with calmness in his voice.

Waking the next morning by being screamed at by the owner of the Shipp Inn, as we had passed out in the alleyway beside it, was not the best way to start our day. I grabbed the loud man by his shirt front and was about to bloody his face when Ian grabbed my arm, stopping me from doing so. He spoke quietly to me as I gave him a murderous look. "No need ta kill tha man fur wakin us, he were jus not expectin us ta be ere so early." I released the man, and patted his shoulder. "No arm done, mate. Be tha kitchen open? We have a hunger and coin ta pay." The owner who at first when I grabbed him looked in fear of his life was now brightened by my question. Still nervous but pleased he was to make some gold so early. "Aye, the kitchen is ready ta serve."

We followed him back into the main room and took the table we had late evening. Ordered some biscuits, eggs and fish and small ale. As the food was brought out a maid came down from the upper rooms, sobbing about a dead man in a bed. I looked at Ian, "Devil's been ar work this past eve. . . . . "

He smiled at me with a mouthful of biscuit, "Aye, an it weren't us he were after, this time." We both laugh and keep eating, listening to the poor maid and the owner. "Should we offer ta get rid of the body, for a fee?"

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

"Aye. Mebbe a free room fer us init." Rising from the table I wipe the crumbs from my face and down a swig of ale. I approach the couple standing near the bar. "'ppears ye 'ave 'ad some troubles last nite. Apologies. Names Ehrin McFinney. Me bruddah Ryan 'n I couldst n't 'elp but overhearing ya. New t' town be we, but n't new t' yer situation as twere. For a meager pittance, we could remove th' situation you 'ave upstairs." The man put his arm around the woman and looked over my shoulder to Liam, just as he finished eating and finished his tankard. Liam rose and joined me at the bar. The man whispered in the woman's ear and waved us to the corner of the bar.

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

"What in bloody hell do you mean, he's been taken?" I yelled, furious at the turn of events.

Goose, nursing a black eye and a knife slash on his arm, looked like he wished he could throw himself overboard. "It happened so fast. First thing I knowed, I was on the floor, strugglin' with that Jack fellow who came skulking on board earlier."

"And just how did that 'Jack fellow' get on board in the first place?" I raked my gaze over the crew, who stood looking everywhere but at me.

Africa finally stepped forward. "Found Jimmy out cold on da fore deck. He in his hammock now, but don member much. He be nursin' big bump on head."

I swung my gaze to Ioan. "Where the hell were you? Collecting your silver, deal completed? Speak, blast you!"

Ioan smirked. "Never saw or heard a thing. Wasn't my watch. I was asleep in my hammock."

Before I could vent my fury further, I was interrupted.

"Well, this is all very nice," Prfessor Tribly huffed. "Drag me away from mae house for nothing. If the man was as sick and injured as you described, then he couldn't hae got far."

"He shouldn't have gotten off this ship at all." I paused, fighting to control my anger. This was a serious breach of security, and all the crew would be punished, one way or another. I turned to the professor. "It seems I've wasted your time. My apologies. I'll send you a bottle of Burgundy from my private stock to make amends."

"I'll be off then, as I see yea have some private business tae take care of with your crew. Bring the bottle of Burgundy yourself, and we'll talk a bit more."

The good professor and his servant left the ship. I turned again to my crew.

"You're all confined to the ship until I say otherwise. No rum for three days." I directed the brunt of my fury at Ioan. "And, as you're still first mate and in charge while I'm away, I hold you responsible for this disaster. Africa, Tunny, take our negligent first mate and tie him to the main mast. Let's see if a dozen twitches of the cat's tail can remind him of his duties."

Before Ioan could react, Africa and Tunny, the ships' carpenter, grabbed Ioan by the arms and were dragging him to his place of punishment.

As they lashed his hands, I turned my thoughts to Jack, the interesting intruder. He'd be made to pay as well.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Ian and I headed to the quiet corner with the maid and owner of the Inn. He looked scared, his eyes darting about, checking who else might see us. "Look here you two, there's been all sorts o' trouble here as of late, ruin me business it will. . . " He looks at us nervously again. So I says, "Me goode man, ye can trust us ta our word. We'll be quite as a church mouse, ah, mice. What say ye give us a room fer th night and meals this day? A fair trade fur our indescression?" As he has no choice he readily agrees. The maid shows us up stairs to the room. As we open the door the smell of death hits us. The maid backs away quickly. "We'll take it from ere Gurl, see you later, in our room mebbee." I smile and nudge Ian who chuckles as we watch her retreat down the hall. "Come on, work ta do brudder." Aye" We head in and shut the door. There in the bed is a body covered by a blanket. I pull it back to reveal a beaten, bloody man in a wig. Ian chuckles some, "Looks like he met a robber an paid a mean price. think he might have anything left on him?" I shrug "I guess we'll find out." We search the body and find nothing of value, we search the room too. Nothing. "Oh well, down th back stair with him." We gather him up in the blanket, he's stiff as a board. We carry him out the back and away from the Inn through the alley until we come to a main street. I look out and around. "Looks clear, brudder, all th way ta th warf."

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

"Mr. Hazzards if ye please," March said signaling the other man to step away. The first officer fixed a steady gaze on Striker. "If ye would be excusing me a moment, sir."

Without waiting for a reply, March, with a slight bow, moved back to join Hazzards.

"What do ye think we should be doing?" Hazzards asked as the other officer came along side.

Andrew March shook his head for a moment. "I cannot be disclosing the captain's location. John would shoot me dead himself, if he thought I was to put this family that he's with in danger... not that I would be so careless where his or their safety were concerned. That Devareaux fellow was good enough to be telling us where they took the captain in the first place.... no there is a trust issue at stake and I shan't be the one breakin it."

"Besides," Hazzards said, glancing back over his shoulder at Striker. "This man we know him not...By God what has that McKinney woman gotten the captain involved with now?"

Andrew raised his hand slightly, and calmly placed it on Hazzards' shoulder. "The Archangel is almost ready to sail, two or three days more. If we drive these locals a bit harder all the better and we can take the Captain and put out at a distance until Morgan is ready to sail."

"And our papers?" Hazzards asked.

Andrew nodded a bit and lowered his voice. "I have it from that same fellow that they are in the process of being produced. The Captain will be safe, as will the rest of us. We need to be sending word... maybe this Striker can hold off a day... I cannot be telling him where the captain be... have the Merriweather lads meet me in the Captain's cabin and fetch Michael here."

March turned to face Striker.

"Sir, if ye would be so kind as to take a stroll with me...perhaps someplace a bit more private along the docks?"

Striker watched March and Hazzards walk away from hearing distance , no doubt to talk about the current situation . A stranger with information .... everybody would be suspecious. Striker would even had the person dismissed right away if he did not get the information he wanted from , and Striker said dimissed he meant permenantly.

March walked to Striker and said " Sir, if ye would be so kind as to take a stroll with me...perhaps someplace a bit more private along the docks?"

Striker answered " Ofcourse , but Sir " He cleared his throat "we are running out of time ! The more we talk the closer the danger comes ..."

Striker turned around to depart from the ship and to take a walk on the docks with Mr. March.

We carry him out the back and away from the Inn through the alley until we come to a main street. I look out and around. "Looks clear, brudder, all th way ta th warf."

“STOP THEM!” Screamed Tess St. Claire from the front entrance of The Shipp Inn! “Murders! Murders! They’ve done in Master Killingsworth!” She quickly made her way down the middle of the street running after the two as they carried the body of her beloved cousin away.

It was all he could do but to stare at her as she pulled back gently from him.  "Tis glad I am that ye do understand then," he whispered.  "I could no longer abandon this child then you could cast little Meagan back into the Port under her own care and guidance.  Thank ye."  His hand slipped back about her waist, then slowly began to stray over her form. 

"When this meeting is over, come back  and read to me?  I could do with something to stir my mind a bit and... " he looked up at her, his hand coming to rest along her cheek.  "And I am in need of yer good company."

Aurore leaned into the lay of his hand against cheek, giving into the comfort provided by the caress. She would make no further mention of the parchment or subjects breached unless the time came when he decided they need be discussed. It was not that Aurore was timid, or in fear of gaining his wrath with such delvings; it was not her nature to be cowed or lead unwillingly. The fact of the matter lay instead in her nature and she felt no desire to dig into subjects that would rest well enough in their current placement.

Sterling's request brought forth a trace of smile to her expression and the mention of event to come forward in steadfast manner was quelled, hidden deep from acknowledgement. Backing away slowly, Aurore felt the trail of weathered touch forefit angled perch. A smallish hint of sympathy dwelled within dark mocha sights as she gazed upon him, knowing that the trials ahead were not something that was wished upon his worn constitution. And that factor alone was enough to stir venom in her thinkings in regard to the woman that sat in Parlor luxuries below.

Placing those thoughts in check, Aurore offered him look of encouragement before stepping to chamber's closed door. With a mere handfull of words, it was within her power to issue punishment to the transgressor awaiting audience...But she would still her demand of tithe due to the respect felt for Sterling; not wishing him anymore angst than what he was already being forced to endure.

As the heavy wooden barrier was eased back on burdened hinge, Aurore paused and answered his earlier question, "Oui...I shall select something special for your pleasure..."

Moving into hallway, she whispered though near shut door a statement said once before and rendered in the same manner of Rom articulation.

"You are the air I breath..."

The oaken blockade was drawn to closure.

Aurora had instructed the little maid to inform both Lilly and Sabastian that Captain Sterling was ready for his encounter. Lilly stood from her window seat and looked sadly at Sabastian. The rustling of her skirts broke the silence of the air. Slowly Lilly climbed the stairs. It was a fate worse than death, she thought. It was if she herself was on the way to the Tower of London. The feeling of dread could not be shaken. Sabastian was only two steps behind her when the feeling of panic overtook her. She hesitated on the stairs for a moment. It was then she felt Sabastian’s hand touch hers, briefly as to give comfort. It was a weak moment for her, yet the act was tender and well met with kind eyes. She soon found herself in front of the bedroom door. Sabastian took the lead and entered the room before her. She trailed behind slowly and soon found herself standing at the Captain’s bed side. She looked at him and the pain of his condition showed in his face and eyes. Her heart went out to him for she knew that he would have never been such a situation if it were not for her.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Sterling watched her slip from the room. As the door closed behind her, shutting her out from his view, he thought to himself, he could act the love sick fool and fancy his world empty now as Aurore took herself downstairs. He could think himself lost without her present and that already he missed her. Aye he could believe such things... he chuckled to himself. For they were completely true.

For a moment, he wondered what God must be thinking for dropping someone like Aurore into his life but he thought it better not to reason, just be grateful instead. And yet he found he could not feel the least bit of thankfulness for the task that now needed dealing with. He could only mumble the briefest of prayers for wisdom and understanding regarding his discussion with Lilly McKinney.... and that all would go well and quickly. He did not relish what would happen next....he already felt himself grinding his teeth...and knowing he did not have the faith to believe for the best.

Crewe of the Archangel

Sterling glanced back at the door as a soft rap sounded from the far side.

"Oui Chere?" he called out and was embarassed to see Sabastian enter, trying to hide the grin on his face. Aurore's brother turned then, the smile gone as he held out his hand to bring Lilly into the bedchamber. She moved toward the bed and Sterling could see that she, too, was not happy with the turn of events nor the conversation that was to take place. Sterling waited as Sabastian brought a chair alongside for Lilly and then moved to place himself at the table.

"Shall I begin this or would you care to do so?" Sterling asked, looking up at the actress.

Crewe of the Archangel

Sterling could do no more than nod gently.

"As ye wish Lady," he said.

Crewe of the Archangel

Her eyes trailed over him at first. They could not hold back the show of emotion that she still felt for him. She never stopped loving him; she only meant to protect him.

“It was never my intent to harm you, John…Captain.” She said quickly correcting herself as to put some distance between the two of them. “I did so to protect you and your family from elements that have now endangered myself as well as you.” She heard the creek of the chair beside her as Sebastian moved forward to listen a bit closer.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"