^, <, V

Pew

^ Many, Loyalty, kindness and me sense o humor t' name a few..

< Just had some very good Matzoh ball soup mmmm :huh:

It may be late for you......but in my schedule..

V What do ye hope t' accomplish this year?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ a lot of sewing, a few good events, a lot of learning and hopefully the floors in this house!

< Starting to feel "one of those"moods again. Think I might throw in the towel & just go to bed.

V what color are your towels?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ Let's see... We've got green, brown, black, blue, yellow, tan, sea foam, an navy. (That's just solids!)

< Not sure why their are so many different colors, or clocks!!! Me significant other, has a significant number o' clocks. The time change at our house is amusin'.

V Do ye collect a lot o' any one thing? (We hav a friend that collects pigs! Don't ask an I won't tell.)

^ Aye..bears..and those little crystal animals and unusual little wind up toys and small unusual music boxes (would covet the one from POTC II)

< Seafoam towels..and light blue and beige and white..aye...towels!

VPass the Q on - what do you collect?

^ cow printed stuff. It started as a joke with my father. Then every year he would always get me something "cow print". Still have the crazy cow shaped planter he left for me before he died.

< My brother sent me a cow print piggy bank the first year after our father was gone. Damn it, thought I'd finally be free of that stuff!

V any odd family "traditions" like the cow thing?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Well actually the "Cow thing" also..and we get those holiday/birthday crackers.. you know the paper things you pull the ends on and they go BANG and there a paper crown an a little toy? Well we all sit about wi the crowns on and have hialrious fun at family get togethers at times..funnier when the conversation lapses into politics or history as it often does an here we are with these silly paper hats....

< Well ye asked...

V Tradition in yer family?

^ Well it's not a tradition any more because I broke it But for the longest time my grandmother would screw up the thanksgiving turkey in some way. One year she forgot to defrost it & tried to cook it still frozen, one year she cooked it upside down, then there was the year she dropped the fully cooked bird on the way to the dining room.

< guess who makes thanksgiving dinner now :huh:

V what's the largest group of people you've ever cooked a meal for?

^ 17 and 2 dogs

< Thankfully it sprawled out onto the proch and I set everything out buffet style..

V Like to entertain? What kind?

^ I'd like to, but I have a party curse. More often than not, no one shows if I'm hosting.

< hasn't had a birthday party in 20 years.

V What haven't you done in a really long time?

^ Snorkled..Aye The CAt needs a vacation!!!!

< Bermuda sounds nice

V Where do you feature for vaca?

^ Crash a party!

< Can't imagine missin' a party Chole was hostin' (course Jacky remembers the late night snacks Chole thinks are yummy.) Mayhaps, we should cater yer fete?

V Can ye organize a surprise party, or boardin' party, or small friendly kidnappin'?

^ Kidnapping? How do you organize a kidnapping, wouldn't that count as premeditated?

< would you guys quite leaving me out of the PM loop. It's not like I don't *see* you.

V Mind your own beeswax or stick you nose in everything?

^ Hmm now that sounds like fun! Yes I believe I could!

< Likes surprises

V Wot have ye done like this?

^ Helped organized a group o' dads t' take their daughters t' breakfast in their PJs (The girls were in their PJs, not the dads).

< Not everyone likes spur o' the moment ideas. I too am victim t' the list (o' stuff ye hav t' do first).

V Can ye drop wot yer doin' an just go hav fun?

^ Wildest party? Hummm, that would have to be the one I went to in my mid-twenties. Held in a huge warehouse, probably about 200 people, all drinking, and dancing - until someone smashed the lights and people started throwing beer bottles. Time to go!

< I kinda like smaller parties, where you can talk, laugh, maybe dance a bit. Even better if it's outside - on the beach, the patio, in a park.

V Pass the wild party question

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ cook at home.

< do the free punk shows that I went to as a teen count as parties? The wildest was the Hardcore Against Hunger show in the abandoned warehouse under Lake St. in Chicago when the El tracks over Lake were closed (& therefore so was the street). 500 or so hardcore punks, beer, stolen power & several very loud bands. Ahh, Good times.

V do anything in your "youth" that you are surprised you walked away from without a scratch?

^ I'm flabbergasted that I made it through my youth alive, never mind the scratches. There was an incident in my 20's with a shark in close quarters that I'm very surprised I came out of unscathed.

< When I was nineteen, I dated a guy who lived in a big old Victorian. He and his roommates had a huge party with four live punk bands. It was a GREAT party. They had to throw out the dining room rug after it, though.

V Anything about your youth that you really miss?

RHJMap.jpg

^ Being young.. <_<

Nah.. I'm young at heart - won't ever grow up completely. I do miss the lesser responsibility that I took for granted..

< Some days feel younger than others

V Hold on to your youth or in a hurry to get dignified?

^ Fighting it tooth and nail! ;)

< Won't ever catch me giving up my jeans, T-shirts, and heels.

V Pass the question on...

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Want the wisdom of age, but want folks to think, "wait a minute - you're HOW old??"

< Most people think my mom is my sister. It always surprises them when they find out she's my mom and then how old I am.

V Anything you're looking forward to about getting older?

RHJMap.jpg

^ Memories to look back on..

< Not one fer the rockin chair

V Planning to step up the fun an adventure - doing more as ye get older?

^ I sure hope so. I want t' gather many more good memories.

< I received a 'Just because gift' yesterday. It came from an unexpected source an I found me self handin' out hugs. It's always special when someone outside o' family an friends, gives a gift that says I thought o' you!

V Do ye give 'Just because gifts?'