^, <, V

Pew

^ only because it involves drinking B) Seriously I'll take the little swab to the parade & we'll do that "stuff" since she loves holidays of all kinds.

< Looks smashing in emerald green. Should wear more green this month just cause.

V What color do you look good in?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Khaki, beige, robins egg blue..anything that goes with a tan

Uesd to live in black <NY'er.

< Aww the lil swab..hi lil swab!

V So many pirate children's books - buy any?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ no, but we've checked every single one out of both local libraries.

< "That's my mom, she's a pirate slash Buddhist slash hippie" says the little swab to another little girl at the coffeehouse yesterday.

V talk to total strangers much?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Sometimes. Usually at the grocery store. B)

< Just swaped all the winter stuff in the house over to spring. I like to change things around for each season

V Swap stuff in your houe, or does everything stay the same?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Switch around the couch & the chairs because, well, the windows are old & open *in* & you can't have the couch in front of the windows if you also want them open. For some reason I like them open in the summer & not the winter B)

< I get to make a sock monkey, yippie!

V holes in your socks? Do you darn them or say "darn it" and get a new pair.

^ Darn they hav a hole; time fer new ones.

^ Me wife does the swappin' an waits fer me t' notice.

< Went t' pick out a leather sofa, an I saw this red one... Me wife an daughter liked a brown one... we went home wit' a brown one, o' course.

V Go along t' get along?

^ no. I'm always *myself* and if I can't get along being me, then who the heck am I supposed to be right?

< B) I had an ex who broke his foot by walking around in his house in the dark thinking "oh I know where everything is", except his wife had moved the iron coffee table and OUCH!

V walk around in the house with the lights off or always turn something on to see by?

^ Ye kiddin', I live me life in the dark. No broken bones but missed the bottom stair a few times!

< I go along on the things that don't matter t' me that much, an seem t' make others happy.

V Do ye like makin' others happy or is makin' yerself happy more important?

^ I like to make others happy. Especially if I can make something for them. Makes it more personal.

< Yahoo, weather so nice I could open all the windows and air out the house.

V You like store-bought gifts or homemade ones?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ home made of course. Really love the art the little swab makes me.

< well except I can do without the piles of glitter that her art projects always seem to leave behind. :o

V Glittery or more of a matte finish?

^ :o Oh, God, if it sparkles, I will come (like the movie, not the other kind!)

< That's why I've collected vintage jewelry since high school, and make beaded jewelry now.

V Go for the bling, or more subtle?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^ Give. Ye can buy yerself bling, but ye don't get the return of sentiment as an added bonus like when ye give it

< Gan go bling or blingless - values emotional bling more,

V If not on yourself, wot is yer take on bling on others? Aye or Nay?

^ I wear Sapphires

<Do like Topaz and Citrine..metal would be white Gold because it has an old and burnished patina like coins from the ocean floor.

V Costume jewlery the good stuff . ok or no?

^ Dress fer meself. Always appropriate when needed an the rest o the time fer me..

< Black tie to Banana boat

V Can you meeet any occasion with aplomb?

^ I usually do okay, but have put my foot in it once or twice.

< The good stuff I wear all the time were gifts from my husband. One ring was my grandmothers. My birthstone is a diamond, so I don't get too many of those!

V Have an item of clothing that's practically in rags, but you love it so much you can't throw it out?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^oh yes, a jogging trousers that fits me sooo good but its really ugly and yeah, exactly, rags, and gotit since my 9th

<enjoying her favorites list at radioblogclub.com. really good site, checkit out! (no, it can notreplace pyracy.com :huh: )

V passes question as i know no question

ph34r.gifPirattitude

banner.jpg

The rose came alive,

Coloured deeply red,

The boy just arrived,

And as my heart, the rose wasn't dead.

^ yep. and, surprise surprise, it's a tie dye t-shirt that my friends brother made in high school chemistry class. She gave it to me since I "needed" a good tie-dye shirt. It must be 24 years old if it's a day & still bright & funky, even with the holes in the hems.

< That darned shirt was my "uniform" for many years. Now I'm afraid to wear it because I don't want it to die.

V what's you "uniform"?

^ Easy one. Gap jeans, T-shirts/sweatshirts, boots or, in the summer, flip-flops. But I can put on the dog when required - then I wear heels with my jeans! :D

< Just had a phone conversation with Jacky Tar. Great fun.

V Back to clothes. Are you hard on shoes, or like me, do they last you for 20+ years?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^ super hard on shoes. I'm the only person I've ever met that actually split the soles on a pair of army boots. I literally wore them to death.

< I guess that's bound to happen if you only wear one pair of shoes for 6 years.

V ever broken or wore out something that was "unbreakable"?

^ Not that I can remember.

< I have shoes so long, that when they finally get too ratty to wear, I feel the need to give them a decent funeral.

V Techno inclined, or impaired?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^ Semi-fast, have to be. programmer, web page designer etc

< very techie inclined, although its begining to fade. I just can't keep up with the changes. I loved learning how computer networks worked a few years back.

V passes question along.