^, <, V

Pew

^ the automobile. Completely changed every dynamic we have & not in a good way. We've gotten too lazy & fat to go anywhere under our own power, the push for cars undermined public transportation (don't get me started on the inter-urban), we waste natural resources to run them, we become selfish & self centered in the pursuit of having ever fancier ones. Ugh, I could go on. I hate cars!

< has a dream about living in a place with no auto traffic where you walk to get anywhere on paths through forests & fields. Ah a world without pavement *sigh*

V Concrete jungle or real jungle?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I actually have um...several. ;);)

I think it's time for some pre-spring cleaning.

< Woohoo! Just booked a tour to the Highlands and Isle of Skye!

V Do you cringe during scary movies, watch with out flinching, or avoid them altogether?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

^ usually too busy figuring out the make-up or special effects to be bothered although the last Saw (3) actually made me grit my teeth.

< having done some film and tv and studied for it, it takes a very good movie to keep me focused on the story and not how its put together...

V how many times must you play a movie at home before you actually have seen the entire thing?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ at least 3

< also tends to pay attention to things other than the story line. Lighting, settings, costumes. I'm easily distracted while watching a film.

V favorite period/ costume film?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ hmmm good question. Like Affair of the Necklace for the story, Master & Commander for the look

< geeze there is almost a 100 page booklet on how to give a state test down here!

V pass along the question favorite period film

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ I don't have one. I haven't watched nearly enough period/costume films. Something I am working on fixing when I have the time.

< Was really impressed with the use of the unseen antagonist in Master & Commander. I really like films that take a different approach to the traditional conflicts.

V Last film that impressed you?

^ It's going to soun reccuring but Master and Commander. Riding high up in the sail and the battle stuff, and the little blond lad awww..

Good movie.

< Don't get to watch too often

V Favorite scene in a movie?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^uuuhhhmmmmmm....... I like actually almost all the scenes in the potc movies... but the scene captain jack is bound to the long pole on caniball island, beaten up by two fruit throwing women... it really made me laugh that scene :rolleyes:

<Yesterday was

litterly the 50st time i saw potc 2 dmc

Vwhat's on your mp3 player? (orif you dont have one, what would be on it?)

ph34r.gifPirattitude

banner.jpg

The rose came alive,

Coloured deeply red,

The boy just arrived,

And as my heart, the rose wasn't dead.

^ off the top of my head, I know there are about twice this on the thing. It holds tons of music!

broadside band: childgrove, Cheshire rounds, Hunt the squirrel etc

dubliners: drink up men

ewan mccoll: paddy doyle

bob roberts: hanging johnny

tannahill weavers: 3 healths

a bounkam drum solo

The giving tree: west coast

rusted root: heaven

barley works: flower of edinburgh

and then there are a bunch of songs picked by the little swab. Have to share the music listening equally with her when we go any place.

< yawn. another sleepless night but I learned tons about the middling class & block printed cotton.

V what's something you learned recently?

^ :lol: that bristol is also a town in england. we have a shoe store called bristol ;)

<bored to DEATH. might write another chapter. would be nice. 2 days, two chapters ;) last one took a month :rolleyes:

V did you "recently" turned pirate or was it always in yer blood te become one? I always loved captain hook, but hated peter pan :lol:

ph34r.gifPirattitude

banner.jpg

The rose came alive,

Coloured deeply red,

The boy just arrived,

^ recently, within the last year. Although really, something like this was inevitable.

<technically though, I wouldn't count myself as a pirate. I know nothing of sailing or weaponry or anything else that would make a good sailor much less a pirate. But ask me about the clothes, or dying, or jobs for women in the period :)

V how long have you been reenacting (any/all time periods)?

^ Im not even sure Im doing it now. You proably wont be, 30 years is a long time from now, were getting old remember.

< been reenacting off and on for 26 ish years, yikes. But I had a alot a years off, it depends on how you define it.

V (borrows Chloes question, Im not awake enough to come up with one)

how long have you been reenacting (any/all time periods)?

^ re-answers Jim's passed on question... 30 or so years... my sister worked with this guy who did viking... she was always telling me I should meet him... then one day I did and went off to attack Senlac Hill with a bunch of Normans.

< I hope I will be. And I hope my kids will be too! I figure, at plus 30 more years I can be that crazy old timer dude! Feared and (maybe) respected. At the very least I hope I can hold out for the 250 of the RevWar!!!! :rolleyes: Especially when you consider how the 200th was botched!

V passing along the passed along question... how long have you been reenacting (any/all time periods)?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

^have no idea what it means o.O ill searchit up sometimes...

<dominating the board with her amount of posts per sec :lol:

EDIT: struggling to keep sister off comp. better not go to the bathroom to keep seat :ph34r:

Vfav pirate shanty? (such as pirates life fer me, or drunken sailor, etc.)

ph34r.gifPirattitude

banner.jpg

The rose came alive,

Coloured deeply red,

The boy just arrived,

^ This week's favorite pirate shanty is "Pirate Lullaby" by the Whiskey Bards

< left arm is a cast since yesterday, wish i could say it was sailing accident, but i fell off a train years ago and finally got the tendon repaired.

V tough it out, modern day pain meds or old fasioned alcohol?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

^ Depends on how much it'll cost to fix em. Get them done to the best of my ability right away if I can. Other wise it's just triage.

< haha, used triage in a sentence! triple word score for me.

V favorite $1000 word?

^ The snapping sound when the doctor set the bones in my arm, I broke both bones below my wrist, and they overlapped.

< Been pretty lucky injury wise, none to serious "knock on wood"

V Ever break any bones?

May the winds of fortune sail you

May you sail a gentle sea

May it always be the other guy who says "this drinks on me"

http://www.susquehannarangers.com/