^, <, V

Pew

^ Not that I can think of. *scratches head* nope, don't think so.

< Really wants to get up early & go out to do stuff all day tomorrow but the weather is going to be so terrible that my friend actually suggested that I stay home to avoid getting in a car accident. Bummer.

V What do you hate about the weather where you are?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Slogging out to the barn, dressed like the bubble boy in rain gear, dairy-wife boots, and hat, to feed two horses, one dog, a flock of chickens and a dozen outdoor barn cats.

< Our pastures are pretty much flooded at this point, and our pond overflowed into my garden.

V Prefer to deal with rain or snow? Or, neither?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ I'll take a flood. I live on the hill. I've dealt with floods but never in my own house.

<Thankfully you didn't have tornado on your list. Those scare the crap out of me! We see them here but not nearly as much as when I lived just a bit further south.

< also terrified of dying in a house fire.

V checked your smoke detectors lately?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Everytime the time changes (Spring an Fall)

< Faced a couple o' fires now, each was arson set, in the hills around us.

Believe it or not, faced a freak tornado in California! It snapped a couple power poles, an twisted a neighbors steel shed.

V Let events panic ye or just ride 'em out?

^ I'm just along for the ride! I only panic about things I may actually have control over.

< Biggest disasters that I have had to face are usually man made ..."That man made a mess of my life!"

Not really, life has been good to me so far.

V Superstitious? Think I just jinxed myself BIG time?

^ Very superstitious

< Would never pick up a penny that was tailside up

I carry an old coin from my grandfather for goodluck.

V Have any Good Luck Charms?

May the winds of fortune sail you

May you sail a gentle sea

May it always be the other guy who says "this drinks on me"

http://www.susquehannarangers.com/

^ None

< pj day at middle school, my daughter looks silly but she's happy

V favorite good habit

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ Anything containing peas, lima beans, or okra. :rolleyes:

< I am mildly superstitious - I figure a little extra good luck charm insurance can't hurt.

V Scared of the dark?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ I love the dark, 'cept when trying to sew black on black

< hate being ill

V studies show volunteers live longer, how would you like to volunteer?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ I do volunteer, with a parenting support group & local home school group.

< Not that I really need to live longer. My family has longevity genes. My Great grandmother is 103.

V What would you do with immortality?

^ most likely get bored... snigger

< I bet your Gram has some pretty cool stories to tell

V Famous person you wish you could meet

Crewe of the Archangel

^ John Adams or Ben Fanklin

How cool would it be to bring them to 2007 for a visit? Wot reactions

there would be from them!

< Pinapple Pizza JAcky, you Californian you...

Actually I love pineapple pizza

V If your brought someone from the past for a visit to the present..who and what would you show them?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Nobody famous, just my Grandfather so I could show him I'm doing just fine.

< Have alot of good memories of my grandfather ;)

Passing the above question on

V If your brought someone from the past for a visit to the present..who and what would you show them?

May the winds of fortune sail you

May you sail a gentle sea

May it always be the other guy who says "this drinks on me"

http://www.susquehannarangers.com/

^ I don't know who I'd bring back but I'd want it to be someone who made a difference (positive or negative) on the current time. I'd want to show them their legacy so that when they went back they could make changes.

< Serious Captain Sterling? How could you get bored being immortal. Think of all the time you'd have to do everything. Gosh, imagine, no more time limit on learning & doing anything. Oh the bliss!

V anything you really want to learn & just don't have the time for?

^Where to start?

To be completely fluent in French, self defence, swordplay, surf, snowboard, finish guitar lessons and start piano lessons, ice skate, cook Tex Mex and more Carib than I know, knot tying, to be an EMT, horseback riding (only did it a few times), more Salsa lessons whee!

< Yeah...I have no time *sigh* I need one of those watches that stops it.

V Passing on the Q

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Aye, swordplay; as many as I tease here, I may need it! Readin'; need more time fer that, just t' follow everyone's posts.

< Pirate events are upon us... Need time t' prepare fer them too.

V Wot's yer next pirate event? (and Wot would ye like t' learn, if ye had the time?)

^ Jeez louise, same deal, where to start. Okay...piano lessons, chinees cooking, fencing (with a rapier, not a board), Italian or French or both, sailing, rig-climbing, photography, equestrian jumping (might be too old for that - I don't bounce so good when I fall these days)...a zillion things.

^ Not sure about pirate events, but Portland Pirate Festival maybe.

< Wouldn't mind living forever if I could do it healthy and with all limbs and senses intact.

V Bump the first question one more time - it's such a good one.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^ The short list includes: metal casting, embroidery, more Russian, silk screening, the mandolin, maybe try the trombone again, brewing, and well basically anything & everything that strikes my fancy at any given moment.

< needs to invent one of those clocks that has 13 hours instead of 12.

V what impossible thing would you invent?