^, <, V

Pew

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ lets see, my house remodel ;) this winter, ordering the rest of the fabric I need to finish the little swabs clothes. Heck, just about everything really.

< aww Jenny, you're welcome (now what did I do?)

V do you thank the waiters that refill your water at restaurants?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ TAking too long? Where to start? lol My promotion at work grrr..

< They tells ya yer the best at summin and then wot? Hmph!

Wondering randomly wot "safe" may mean

V Wot do you need now?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ (t' answer Chole... ) I thank anyone, who does anythin' fer me.

^ (t' answer Red CAt...) I need t' know that someone, I only know through this pub, is really O.K..

< Sometimes my mind works out answers to things, 'fore I have all the information. Sometimes this is good, and allows me t' prevent problems. Sometimes this can cause problems.

V Jump t' conclusions or wait fer all the information?

^ I try to listen to my instincts, which are different than jumping to conclusions but if you only listen to the facts you might miss something that your gut is telling you.

< Nope, still just a little confuselled. Par for the course I guess. I think I'll go look at some more eye candy (tonight it would be images of tents. Oh how I want a yurt, or a teepee, or a Geteld *sigh*)

V sleep under the stars or sleep under a roof?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ In th right place or circumstance under the stars..

Mostly prefers a roof, an a shower, an a nice soft pillow..maybe a mint?

< Mayhaps...

< Alwyas thanks everyone equally

V Do ye make friends right away r take a long time t' trust?

^ (t' Chole... ) Done both. But wit some o' the blood suckin', flyin' bugs, tentage wit' screens are best.

^ (t' Red CAt...) Casual friends in a heart beat. Long term friends, long time in the makin', and hard t' hold on too. Folks keep movin' an sometimes move on... (sigh)

< Chole, t' most gals, tents are not eye candy; ye are one o' a kind, luv.

V Candle lamps or oil lamps? (Just watchin' Chole drool... more period campin' eye candy.)

^ Can I have a Betty Lamp? They are *so* cool! other wise I'll take real beeswax candles or one of those iron curved things that burns a rush.

< Wait, you're telling me these really cool one poll tents that you can roll into a sack & throw into your backpack aren't eye candy. People don't know what they are missing. :)

V Bring a lot of stuff with or just the bare minimum?

^ Bare minimum, but t' be fair me brother-in-law brings two o' everythin' lately, when we go campin'.

< I would love t' try period tents, too. Wool blankets instead o' sleepin' bags. I just think if I did here, I'd be campin' alone.

V Rough it or bring the kitchen sink?

^ roughing it, totally! If it doesn't fit in a sack, don't take it along.

< doesn't have to primitive camp alone. One benefit to having hippie friends.

V rate yourself on a scale 1 being totally conservative 10 being dirty hippie

^ Somewhere in th middle. Packs wisely with small versions of big stuff.

< Stares wistfully at JAcky's 2 lists..holding a red crayon..an a mocha

Understands how that is...

V Collect friends or they collect you?

^ (t' Chole...) Too consevative t' be a hippie, an a little too hippie t' be accepted by the conservatives.

^ (t' Red CAt...) They collect me hopefully, fer I'm havin' a devil o' a time collectin' them. (Is there a hole in me friend sack?) When yer married ye have couple friends and family friends...

< Lived near Cotati once, the town streets formed a peace symbol. Vegetarian restaurants, and interestin' people. I miss them...

V Wot makes a friend?

^ When they cross yer mind sometime durin th day..an it makes ye smile..

< Ben to Haight Ashbury, Berkley and Greenwich Village. Not a hippie tho. Neither am conservative.

Ofers t' mend any holes in Jack'ys friend sack..

V Wot ye look for in a good friend? Wot can ye leave behind?

^ No, we are lucky if we can even know ourselves. On the other hand, if you know yourself, you are on your way to knowing others.

< Somewhere a couple pages back I believe someone asked about scars... I have a couple favorites. One of the best is the knife wound across the top of my thumb on my right hand. Almost lost a chunk o' flesh. It's been about five years, and I can finally say I do have working sensory nerves endings on the top of my thumb!

V Apologize, or wait for an apology?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

^ When I've done wrong, repent and apologize as quickly as possible. Always apologize when the blame is shared by all parties (to me that is most of the cases, since it seems everyone contributes to a problem) and I have even been known to apologize when the other is at fault in order to keep a project going... when the other is completely at fault and stubborn about it, then no, usually don't, and if they continue to be nasty about it, then walk away from that person, as they aren't the type of person I care to know.

< Taxi cab service today, birthday parties to take kids to....

V What do you dislike about certain people?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ I dislike people who feel the need to best everyone in the room out of their own insecurity. Or who are false for malignous reasons.

<Malignous...well..Not counting pirates of course..

Why..why am I up? Oh yeah my foot is throbing... :lol: ow

V Do you have a particular affectation or habit?

^ I get bored way too easily and fidgit a lot, mostly tugging at the cravat knot, but other wise the routine changes

< Why can't they invent a silent leaf blower?????

V passing this one along: V Do you have a particular affectation or habit?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Doesnot everyone. of course but i cannot pick one so i am my favorite person to have an argument with...even when i lose i win habit is talking to myself while typeing :lol:

< we only know someone as much as they want us to know and that includes ourselves....just a thought

V passing the same question along

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

^ I pick fuzz (Kass & Foxe are laughing, I can hear it!). I can't stand it when people have lint & loose threads on their clothes. Although I can control it with total strangers, the more I know you, the more likely I am to "nit pick" :D

< The worst is that I *know* I'm doing it but can't stop myself. When I try, that stray thread becomes larger than life. Argh!

V I like this question so I'm passing it down as well. V Do you have a particular affectation or habit?

^ Touchin' my face, where me mustache, an goatee is comin' back in fer the pirate season.

< Just thinkin' 'bout all the amazin' folk here... BlackJohn the warrior monk, Chole the hippie camper, Ransom the fiery redhead, an Jenny the CAt, wit' more than nine lives.

V Ever meet someone really amazin'? (Not a family member or neighbor)

^ Aye I'm picky ..an 2 of 'em are from here B)

< Ye never know where life may take ye, but ye know when ye gets there

Oh..so ye really DO resemble the pirate figure? Hmm :D

V Believe in fate? Or just good luck?

^ Neither

< Hey Chole I have a black greatcoat, two golden retreivers and a black and white cat, bet I can cure you of your habit in no time...snigger

V real friends or really just acquaintances?

Crewe of the Archangel