^, <, V

Pew

^ one can NEVER have enough hats!! Although mine covers GAoP and then some. A lot of then some... well at least the first one does... the second is GAoP only. Although my 17th Light Horse Dragoon helmet takes the prize!!! It is the coolest!

< OOPs sorry Cheeky jumped yer post... do without??? hmmm nothing love the entire kit

< DON'T EVEN START me on what's taught in elementary schools regarding history!!! Banging head on keyboard!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

And wishing I could keel haul a number of my students...

argggggggggggggggggggggg..

V passing Cheeky's question along: In period correct attire...what would you love to do without if you could?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The straight pins! Ouch! I don't know who said you won't stick yourself though fully boned stays, but they were wrong.

< Just learned how to write "white & inviable on a man's flesh & after make the writing appear". Now who wants to let me try it on them :lol:

V more useful knowledge or more useless trivia?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ hmmm depends on what the information is being used for... kind of like antiques...one man's garbage is another man's gold..

< Ah does this writing hurt?

V If you could go back in time and take home one period correct object, other than a ship, what would it be?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ a gown. Some super fancy made out of silk thing that would make a modern museum crazy with jealousy.

< no, but it involves urine :lol:

V ever find yourself laughing while reading a primary source even though it's not really "funny"?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

^ Ack! I am notorious for laughing at the wrong times primary source or not!

< Hey this is the 17th/18th century, not much that doesn't involve urine... but I am thinking twice now about volunteering for this demo...

V Favorite period illustration/painting?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ I *love* the Cries of London, Especially Cherries in the Rise.

cryescherries.gif

If I could only figure out how she gets those cherries on the sticks.

< umm, cherries & strawberries. I can't wait until spring! :lol:

V Favorite seasonal fruit

^ blueberry bushes right in the yard, just need to pick em before the deer get them...oh and cherries...

< on a stick? wonder if she went to the trouble of pitting them first

V how many pc hats do you own no matter what the time frame?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ I have 3 vintage hats from my WW2 days. No hats for GAoP yet.

< Just reminded of my mom's raspberry bushes when I was growing up. We never managed to bring any in the house, we'd just eat them straight off the bush.

From what I've read the cherries are tied on somehow. In other images you can see that the "Cherry girls" have thread along with the extra sticks in their baskets.

V Green or black thumb

^ green... snigger Farmer John, will retire on vast plantation in the colony of Virginia if Port Royal doesn't kill him first.

< Now that is interesting, but can you imagine tying all those cherries to a stick? Yikes!

V Favorite plant?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ bougainvillea. I had one for the longest time until a certain little person was learning to walk & knocked the stand over & killed it.

< Tieing cherries onto sticks, not high on my list. Hence "Strawberries Ripe, Fhane ripe strawberries! Buy my strawberries. 2p a pottle." :lol:

V Got any food allergies?

^ I had this friend who's band used to practice in my mom's basement when I was a teen. He wore SO much cologne that you could always tell when he'd arrived but the trail of scent through the living room. I can't remember the name of the stuff he wore but when ever I smell it I instantly think "Metal Head Glen!"

< I think I'm taking over this thread! One step closer to ruling the world!

V Destroy the planet or rule the world?

^ All the time snacker. I'd rather snack on healthy stuff all day than have 3 square meals.

< Happy to take over what ever she can. It's the small steps & soon enough you've walked a mile.

V prefer to walk or drive (for a mile)?

^ Depends on the conditions of the mile. Is it over burning hot coals? Or in a terrential downpour with tornados swirling overhead without a raincoat? If the weather and terrain are decent (even if there's snow, but good visibility)...I'd walk the mile.

I enjoy a good walk. :)

< Tired and PO'd today. Had car troubles after work (first time with this one), but should get 'er back later today. *sighs*

V A big, old library filled with nearly every book ever written, or a computer terminal with the widest grasp on the world's networks (Internet) that one could possibly have?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

^ yes that and hearts too. Me mom thought all girls liked pink and hearts. blah!

< suppose to be going to do volunteer work with the blonde mafia. Can you say procrastination?

V Get er done or wait til the last minute?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

^ nope, nor pick or hearts either

< i wait to procrastinate to procrastinate :D

V on cute and cuddley things, despise or love em?

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

^Love 'em. Hmmm, roast rabbit with carrots and potatoes...lamb meatballs in a yoghurt sauce...yeah, I like cute and cuddly things.

<I've decided to skip class this afternoon, and go out of town, and I've got this terrible weight of guilt...oh, but wait, there it goes...nope, no more guilt.

V Is a great cook.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

^ Decent. Not spectacular but can follow a recipe & isn't bad at making stuff up.

< Really trying to get out of the house today. Really.

V spend more time at home or out of the house?