Tankard Belt Hanger

One of my Captains makes them... unfortunately, I personally haven't learned how to make one of those yet. I'll drop him a line and see if he'll share the "pattern" with me... Otherwise, I'm sure I can come up with something along those lines.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Work a Monkeys Paw on one end, and then an eyelet in the other… don’t make it too long or to short. Loop it under your belt, put the tankard handle through the rope, and then keep it in place by passing the end with the monkeys paw through the eyelet like a button…… the weight of the tankard keeps it in place….

As an alternative to a monkey's fist try a star knot. It's every bit as pretty, is relatively out of the ordinary, and makes for a decent button. Also, a doubled wall and crown is pretty, solid, and fairly easy to tie (easier for me than a monkey's fist actually).

Ropework_Header.jpg

I got thinking about this last night.....

In a silly French book on knots, I remembered there was a picture of a tankard with a laynard attached.... When I looked it up this morning, it wasn't as elaborite as I remember, but this might be a fun project.....

Covering the handle of the tankard, with ropework (rope of a small diamater...) and maybe a turks head or two... then at the bottom edge of the handle, work a laynayd ... one end would be short with a monkeys paw, the other end longer and with an eye worked into it... So instead of having a tankard hanger on my belt, it would be a part of the tankard......