Problems with photos??

Have you uploaded them to a photo site like Photobucket? You can't post pics direct from files on your computer.

I have occassionally had problems with little things I add on to my sig, and they don't show up, only that dang box with the x. I honestly don't know what that's about, but I have sometimes had a suspion that someone might have interfered with my stuff. So I delete the little goodies for awhile before trying to put them back up.

Other than than, I can't help you.

I've been having a problem getting Change Personal Photo to accept the url from Photobucket (the avatar worked fine, though). The error is:

"Sorry, you are not permitted to use that image as a personal photo as the extension isn't on the permitted list."

Huh? It's a .jpg file. It's 27K and 200 x 195, so it's under the size limitation.

What's more, the .jpg that works for my avatar fails when used for personal photo with the error above.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've found the photo upload to be tetchy at times. I often just move the photo to my webpage and link to it. (If you don't have a web page, use photobucket or one of those free photo upload sites.)

I don't know why you'd get a problem with the extension, though. It may be that the photo is actually too large or something like that and the extension error is the default response when an error it doesn't recognize occurs. (The software may not be able to tell you the correct problem, so you get this generic reply.) I suggest that you try making the picture smaller in a photo editing program if you have one and using that. It may or may not solve your problem, but it's worth a shot.

I'm going to move this post to the IR and Pub Management forum where it actually belongs - it might get more responses there. (I'll bet y'all thought that forum was just for welcoming new members, din'cha?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks for the suggestions. Here's the particularly weird part:

I have a small jpg uploaded to Photobucket for use as an avatar. The URL to that image works fine as my avatar. The very same URL fails when used as Personal Image. To me, that sounds like a problem on the Pyracy.com end of the transaction.

I'm going to try a few more experiments.

Yes, I posted a couple of messages the first part of last week to the powers that be on this very same subject--and not recieved a word or missive back. Rather reassuring--in an odd way--to find that I'm not the only one experiencing a problem.

Now, to have one of the powers that be find a correction for the problem would be good...

Cheers! :D

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

I have had trouble with the gallery not uploading pics.

anyone else?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...