Buttons to go home 1600s-1800s

Actually, that should say buttons free to GOOD home... my 1 year old son was i my lap and I had to type fast....

anyway

I have some buttons....

freebuttons.jpg

These buttons probably date back to the 17th and go through the19th centuries.

Most of these have broken or mising shanks.... so if you can solder or weld, you could have some interesting original buttons.

did I mention that they were free, to a good home?????

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I'd just keep them because they are old..... but after giving me all that cool linen..... Hey.... time for someone else to have some good luck......

I'm still trying to figure out what to make for you as a thank you for the linen.... :o

There was a post by Dutchess.... she was looking for some hair sticks.... awh heck... I like whittling, so I made some for her.... it was fun and there was someone who would enjoy them..... later I was moaning that I couldn't afford linen, and Gentleman of Fortune sent me some really cool linen..... I just learned how to knit, and felt wool caps.... Maybe I can make a monmouth cap for him...... but he may already have one... so he can pass it onto someone else..... THATS THE COOL PART OF PYRACY......we kinda redistribute th' wealth...... we share .......

Yeah... I am still waiting to see what you are going to make out of it!

For those interested, I found some hand loomed linen, that is pre-1900 in manufacture. It was a decent sized bolt, but the older looms are kind of narrow. I thought Pat could make some pretty crunchy stuff out of it.

I thought about doing a box pass for the piracy group...

Basically, I would put a bunch of piracy related stuff in a box (rope, buttons, Black Beard pirate doll etc) and have folks "sign up for the box".

I would mail it to the first person on the "list". That person could take anything out of the box, but would have to put something back in of equal (or greater value).

Soo... you could take out the Osprey book on pirates, but you would have to put something of at least $12-15 back in. An effort would have to be made not to take a $60 item and replace it with 6 $5 items.

Of course, the whole thing would be tracked on line here.... we would post the box contents and participants would list their takes and puts so everyone would have an idea what was coming their way.

It works well with 6-10 folks....

GoF

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Yeah... I am still waiting to see what you are going to make out of it!

William Red's photos from PiP show me hand sewing a shirt from it..... I just haven't done much more sewing on it sence then.......... Hey... I have the coller done.... and all that gathering......... B)

Flat felled two pieces together to make the body.....gotta do a good job of handsewing it........ Hey it's good linen... can't mess it up......

I have done them on other boards... with other things (like cigars) where its easier to deal with because of the realtive size....

But I would think that as long as it was something related to Piracy and that someone else would want it/could use it, I would think it would be ok.

Buttons are going to Captn Bo, by the way.

GoF