RIP Richard Snel

Charity

Sadly the 50 year old Richard Snell, make up artist of Pirates of the Caribbean sequels was found dead on his bed after not showing up for his work.

He was 50 year old and leaves behind a.o 5 month old twins.

My sympathy and condolences to his family and loved ones, they are in my thoughts.

Love&hugs, Charity />Richard Snell 1955-2006

Sympathy.jpg

hero.jpg

From Billy Bones over the weekend:

The crew of POTC II & III, was greatly saddened by the news of the passing of one of our own last weekend. Richard Snell was found in his hotel room after suffering what we think may have been an anurism. Richard, a consummate make-up artist on the show, was also a member of the Rum Runners pirate group in California, and a hell of a pirate at that. A memorial service was held yesterday on the set, with cannons roaring, inspirational words spoken by Orlando Bloom and Kevin Mcnalley, a 21 gun salute, and a viking funeral (at least the burning boat part). Richard is survived by his wife and twin 5 month-old daughters. Here's to ya, mate!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com