Poorly managed company: Warning

Blackfoot

I am supposing I am up on a soap box here and I am not too choosey with details but I have a complaint about a website and I thought you should all know about this place.

It is www.leatherworks.com. I had placed an order for a $400.00 item on the website. Once I submitted it, I am used to receiving a quick e-mail response acknowledging my order. I received nothing. I thought, "no problem, some companies do not have that program." After a few days, I called the listed telephone number. I got an answering machine. I left a message telling them to call me back ASAP with still no response. This upset me.

A few days later, I called them again and this time my message was very blunt. "I want to know if you received my order, please call me back!" Still no response. I sent a few e-mails asking the same with still no response.

A few days after that, I got the notice from my bank. They did charge my credit card.

A month went by and I was curious about trying to call them "just to see if they answer." This time, the answering machine said there is no more room on the machine for any more messages.

This spooked me. How many other people are calling in an attempt to get a hold of these people?

After a few months with not receiving my merchandise, I was PISSED! Their phone machine was still backed up and I never received any confirmation or anything.

After several months, I had two choices. I was going to fly to their company and start whomping on some people or I could get a hold of the local police agency and explain the circumstances.

To avoid getting in trouble, I opted for the latter. I received a telephone call from a detective a few days later and told me she would look into it.

A few weeks later, I got my merchandise. My biggest pet peeve is no communication. If I have a car getting worked on, I want to be updated. If I have a loved one in the hospital, I want to be updated. If I purchase something on-line, I want something saying, "yes, we received your order. You should receive your order in -------. Thank you for your business.

By the way, I ordered the pirate frock. When I finally received it, it was....okay. On the coat, they put unusable or fake outside"pockets" on it. If I am spending $400.00 on a coat like this, can't they put a little more effort into it by putting on real pockets?

My advice is to avoid this company like the plague!

signature4.jpg]

Always good to hear about poorly maintained e-businesses. Communication is vital to keep a business going. I've had similar problems in the past, and you know what they say...a happy customer will tell 1 friend, a pissed off customer will tell 100.

"...but why is the rum gone?" - Capt. Jack Sparrow

I would be wary primarily because the site registration is private. Never seen that before for an ecommerce company...

Leather Works, Inc.

ATTN: LEATHERWORKS.COM

c/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

The domain registration address is Network Solutions. Usually it shows the individual's address. Not a good sign ever....

Further, the domain name expires on March 6, 2006 and has not been renewed...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Wow - Their sales terms are a bit one sided B)

LEGAL LINES:

Prices and specifications are valid only in U.S. and

are subject to change without notice.

Credit Cards-Money Orders ONLY

NO C.O.D.

NO CASH REFUNDS.

10 DAY EXCHANGE ONLY.

STORE CREDIT ONLY.

NO CREDIT ON SPECIAL ORDERS.

SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS ARE TO BE PAID

FOR IN ADVANCE,

AND ONCE ORDERED CANNOT BE CANCELED.

ALL SALE ITEMS ARE FINAL.

YOU MUST OBTAIN A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER,

NO PACKAGES WILL BE CREDITED

WITHOUT IT...

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

One of my girlfriends at work was going to purchase one of the goth dresses. Well she called up one day and got info...then when she decided to get it the next day, they were out of stock over the phone :lol::huh::lol: but still showed the item available...hmmmm very wierd. I will pass this information on to her as well.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg