Subscribe to Pirates Magazine!

TheBlackFox

From the "Pirate's Glossary"

Earrings and Eyepatches • There is no proof that pirates wore either of these decorations. They seem to be the imagination of authors to liven up their characters. At the height of the age of piracy, around 1700, earrings were no longer fashionable, and pirates like everyone else were in keeping with the fashions of their day.

I'm impressed.

What kind of articles do you plan to run, and are you paying contributors?

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, with all the talk (in another thread) about the Doom of this publication, and all the problems it has faced...

...Is this magazine still moving forward?

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

seems to be a whole lot of stuff that's been deleted... :lol:

Yeah... what's up with that?

Anyway, I sent my check.... Here's hoping everything goes swimmingly.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hah! I found this thread... I sent a check in for a subscription to this magazine back in March! Now with this thread refreshed, I can compare information between these possibly disparate magazines.

Or are they the same....?

For the record, I have not received an issue of this magazine, despite having sent in a check for a subscription.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Our premiere issue is due out in May but we will immediately begin taking subscriptions via "snailmail." The cost for a one year subscription (four quarterly issues including the premiere issue) is $28.00 and you can save even more by purchasing a two-year subscription (eight quarterly issues including the premiere issue) for $54.00.

Please mail check or money order to:

Pirates Magazine, Inc.

PO Box 26452

Baltimore, MD 21207

Print out the subscription form at: http://www.piratesmagazine.com/snailmail.html

**Online ordering may not be availble prior to the printing of the first issue!

So the URL link for the online subscription form mentioned in the first post of this thread is a dead link.

But, I notice that The BlackFoxe has a signature box advertising "The Pirate Way." Am I to understand that this is the magazine to which I have subscribed?

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I was originally on staff with Pirates Magazine but found that the publisher wanted to create a magazine that was similar to their other publication "Faerie Magazine." i.e. lots of huge photos, large type, good articles but not "piratical" enough.

Thus we parted ways back in late March and I started work on "The Pyrates Way" magazine. I won't besmirch the competition because their magazine is finally out (May's release became June, then finally came out a week ago). I've flipped through the magazine and it really looks nice and I give them a Huzzahh for the great work.

The Pyrates Way, however, treats pyracy with a much more "Margaritaville" approach. The pyrate history in our pages isn't just history. We find an interesting angle on a pirate or pyratical event and bring you a new prospective on an old story. We also fill the magazine with beautiful big pictures including "Wenches of the Quarter" which highlights three lovely tarts upon which you can vote upon on our website (interaction with readers is always a good thing).

Tomorrow I put the first issue to press. We have a 15,000 piece press run of a full colour magazine and for subscribers, we have "booty" in each issue. The booty in the first issue includes a "Plank Owner's" card and certificate with your name hand-calligraphied (if that's a word) on them and a COA for the first issue of the magazine, should you get two and want to sell one on eBay in the future.

We've already begun work on the Winter issue.

I hope that clears up the confusion and I think both magazines will have their own nitch in the pirate community. . . . I just think ours will be more fun!