Great source for period fabrics and acessories

If you haven't browsed Wm. Booth Draper , its well worth a look.

Most of his descriptions are for F&I or Rev War but most of the stuff can be found earlier in our period.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I like the linens, and was tempted by the linsy-woolsey until I noticed their historical references for that and the hemp were all post GAoP. Some of the wools have nylon in 'em. Is the linen correct for the period? I was thinking of the natural linen, and dying it with an indigo and a yellow wash, like was suggested, to get a nice deep green. This would be for a short jacket. The for a shirt, maybe the finer linen, but not too fine, as I'm not a fancy sort.

Wondering if wooden or horn buttons made more sense for a poor deck hand than the metal ones. I will do some reading to see what would suit me.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye! The Dickfoss' are very notable folks & members of the NWTA for quite some time. Hazel has been incredibly helpful and insightful when it comes to historical clothing. They strive for the best.

The fabrics I have seen with my own 2 eyes... they are well worth whatever price they be and of great quality.

I'm hopin' to see them at the Spirit of Rendezvous at Vincennes, IN during Memorial Weekend.. hoping they will have their shop set up.. more than likely they will. Vincennes has been known to be the re-enactors shopping spree at the beginning of the re-enactment season for us in the NWTA.

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Also,

A lot of the fabrics on their site go back even farther than the GAoP...

I have contacted them about this, and their reasoning seams to be that they are really focussing on F&I and Rev War (not that they wouldn't sell you fabric for GAoP use, that is just how they have set up their website...)

If there is something you like, let us know and we can give you our not so humble opinions! :lol:

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!