Disney owns Pixar...

Iron Bess

It is a good thing - let's hope ol' John and Steve can breathe some life back into the animated movies there...

Plus I know it makes Eisner's blood boil that Steve has more stock than he does.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Uh, got to cnn.com - it's the main story along with an interview with Bob Iger and Steve Jobs....

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Argh.

*Spits nails*

So much for my dream of Pixar leaving Disney forever and doing what Pixar does best: make movies that make Disney's current creative "geniuses" and writers look like gradeschoolers.

With a few exceptions, Disney hasn't made anything really remarkable now for... well, years.

I think that's why the marriage makes sense. Disney can't do what Pixar can do and Pixar can't do what Disney does. The merchandising and integration of the Pixar characters will come by way of the parks. Right now, they are there on a relatively small scale. But now Buzz can be there right beside Mickey - it's something the little generation wants and will keep them going to the parks. When is the last time the classic Disney characters made a movie - Pixar can provide a whole new generation of classic characters, from Buzz to Nemo to Woody to Scully. I think they both know that.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I've seen *Cars*

Danger there is every kid under 6 will want to be driving now AND trying to have conversations with the family car.

Sorry lad, I think it's a happy thing and besides, Steve is an ornry as Eisner (why they couldn't get along) and Bob is a quiet authority.

I think they will do well. <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Pardon my skepticism, but have you a published article to back this up?

Don't need one lad/lass/whoever.

Worked for the Mouse House 35 year and better.

We knew before 6am this mornong but I had to wait until the press release to post it.

You just got it first 'tis all.

Sorry the news gives you gas. <_< Do you own any Disney stock?

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yes, I think Steve and Bob are a great team together. I look forward to great things that neither one of them could achieve on their own... and I don't even own stock. But I do know my son knows Pixar's characters as well or better than the Disney ones. He goes to movies. That's where kids know these folks from, as much as we all did when we were younger. I think it's a great marriage.

Jealous you got to see Cars by the way. I would love to see the cars and Magic Kingdom has redos as those characters. I'd even take a turn....

Too bad John can't run in and halt the PotC changes.... <_< He probably would if he could.

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I'd have to go with Disnar... sound more piratey - Disnarrrrrr...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Actually "Pixey" works better because of Tinkerbell's pixie dust. ;)

Now that Dreamworks is going south, does that mean Jeffry Katzenberg will be back? And does Pixar have to move down to Burbank? (Ewwww. :P )

Great news for stockholders. So Bess, when can I come up and inspect my investment? ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Actually "Pixey" works better because of Tinkerbell's pixie dust. :huh:

Now that Dreamworks is going south, does that mean Jeffry Katzenberg will be back? And does Pixar have to move down to Burbank? (Ewwww. :lol: )

Great news for stockholders. So Bess, when can I come up and inspect my investment? :huh:

Naw... Pixey is to dandified.

Jeffrey will NOT be coming back, Pixney will remain up North (for several years at least ) and you can come when ever you like although we are swamped right now with new pilots being done.

Send me an email off list kiddo. :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I like Disney... they're ok at what they do best. Cartoons with cheezy musical morals... And great pirate rides.

I love Pixar for what they do best. Toons that arent cheezy, are moral and musical free and funnier than any Disney cartoon put out on the market.

They do not mix and should not mix.

Their child would be ugly. Real ugly.

:lol:

I'm not sure.... I might be totaly off on this....

What was the company that Disney owned that they used for non-Disney movies?.... That Dragon one pops into mind......are Disney and Pixar going to remaine seperate? but kinda work together?

You know that you can take kids to a Disney movie, and it will be "good clean fun" (some scenes may be a little scary for real young children..) And there is nothing wrong with that.... but some storys "work" better with some non-Disney humor.... now they can do both......

I'm not sure.... I might be totaly off on this....

What was the company that Disney owned that they used for non-Disney movies?.... That Dragon one pops into mind......are Disney and Pixar going to remaine seperate? but kinda work together?

You know that you can take kids to a Disney movie, and it will be "good clean fun" (some scenes may be a little scary for real young children..) And there is nothing wrong with that.... but some storys "work" better with some non-Disney humor.... now they can do both......

Disney never owned Pixar before the merger however they did have several TOP Disney animators who had left Disney working for them.

Ugly children aside, it's alread been consumated so we'll see what we get.

Say.... does thatmake Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Nemo, Scully, mike and Boo all b***ards?? :ph34r:

Say it ain't so!!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif