Treasured Feathers

Rumba Rue

I want to openly thank Harbor Master for sending me a whole bunch of Macaw feathers. They were the kind I really needed. And those long tail feathers are fantastic!

So a big Thank You from me! B)

Incase some of you may be wondering or have forgotten, I make incredible hat pins, hair barretts, and favours out of bird feathers.

So as a reminder, if you have parrots, parakeets, lovebirds, or any other type of bird that sheds colorful feathers, save them for me and I will make you a free hat pin in exchange.

I do have pictures of some of the stock I currently have for sale, if anyone is interested in purchasing some. However some of what is in the pictures has been sold. No pin looks like another, they are all different.

I also have some new ones that I don't have pictures of yet.

Feathers #1

Hair Barretts

Pins#2

Pins#3

I saw Rumba's pins at Escondido Faire, and they are truely beautiful.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Your very very welcome RumbaRue., A hug for you B)

I'll have more for you in a few months .,But for now my parrots butt is sore B) And he looks funny naked.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

My Wife purchased one from Rumba and when we got home the cat thought it to be hers, no worries, it's in a safe place now..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 3 weeks later...

I recieved my wifes hat pin today from Rumba Rue.,I did not open it till my wife got home from work., Much to our surprise was a thank you note from her ? and the best hat pin we ever saw ! :( Well done.,well done! I WANT ONE !!! .,I'll be sending moreto you as soon as Capn' Hook cycles a few.

Thanks so much Runba.,Its going to look great at the tavern during the Gig harbor Renn Faire !! yea its sharp!

So everyone you'll be better off getting one from her while you can.,your hat will be happy too

HarborMaster

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RumbaRue,

They are truely beautiful feather pin. On picture Feather#1 I think I saw male Eclectus feathers. The pin on the second row...second from the right I believe were the Eclectus feathers. I just lost my male Eclectus last night. He died at the ER at 1:45am. I am thankful I was able to hold him and comfort him during his last moments in this world.

I still have two mini macaws that are hale and hearty. They just finished their moults and as always I keep the best ones that are not all ratty up.

Your feather pins are beautiful..oh I said that already. I might be interested in traiding macaw feathers for a project done in what is left of my Eclectus feathers.

Parrot_feathers

My condolences on your loss.

Nope, no Eclectus feathers. Most are Macaw, Green or Yellowheaded Amazons, Cocatoo, Amazon Greys, Parakeets, Canary, Conjure, some occassional wild bird feathers.

I had one Eclectus red feather that sold at the Escondido event in October.

Just save up your feathers (like Harbormaster did and so many others have) and send them to me. I will gladly make a nifty feather hat pin for you in return.

**Speaking of Harbormaster, I sent him a Christmas surprise, I hope he got it.**

bird-vi.gif

Rhumba WOW Ha now I wont have to steal from my wife., THANK YOU this one is perfect for my hat., its great., You definitely have a way with your art. I have never seen a hat pin put together with the quality that go into yours. These are sweet.

Swifty Morgan is jelous LOL., Merry Christmas Rhumba Rue :rolleyes: