Looking for a working flintlock pistol

Silent

Ahoy Silent,

Have you tried Loyalist Arms? That's where I got my pistol, an English doglock dragoon ca. 1640-1699. They are nice folks, located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Loyalist Arms & Repairs

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I purchased the Sea Service Pistol 2 years ago and am real happy., course its not as big only a .62 caliber :ph34r: from Military Heritage and a Brass Queen Anne from davide-pedersoli which I am still waiting on.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

There are several establishments that sell flintlocks.... its just a question of how much do you want to spend.

I have some Flintlock Info on my Pirate Webpage that might be worth checking out....

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/arms.htm

On the cheaper end of the scale, you have the Queen Anne Kit from Pedersoli. This can be found for less than $300 and is the kind of kit that you can put together in a weekend.

Then there are the India arms "remanufacturers". These are the folks that are having guns made in India, and then refinishing or embellishing them a bit before selling them to folks like us.

The big three are Loyalist Arms (Canadian), Middlesex Village Trading Company (US) and The Descriminating General. They all have variations ofy the same guns so check each one out.

After that, you can either build a gun yourself from cast parts (From the Rifle Shoppe) or have a gun built for you from parts from a competent builder like Mike Brooks or Ben Coogle or ???

Good luck and let us know what you decided to do.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!