Called Up to Duty in the Caribbean

hurricane

I've just learned that one of our own Pyrates of the Coast crewe members, Slipshot, has been called to filming for PotC 2 & 3. He'll be there through December. Yeah! One of our own crewe members is immortalized - or is that immoralized.

Here's his mug - if you're filming along side him be sure to say hi - he's from St. Augustine, real pirate country.

crewe-augustine.jpg

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

When I sees the header, me thinks he was going to Iraq. Warmed me heart ta find he be off ta be demoralized, err, whatever that thar fancy werd ye used were.....HUZZAH ta Slipshot ;)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Aye, I thought the same as Sam. ;)

But this be a better assignment where the shot won't kill ye (but the seasickness might ;) ). Look fer yer fellow Pub mate, Billy Bones, in the Prop Department. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Good on you Slipshot. Well done for getting a part. I would love to be a film like PotC. I am a great fan, and it is after watching the film for about the 20th time I thought i would have a go at writing my own pirate story, and the result being I have managed to get it published to. The Country Pirate ISBN 1413787940. You must let us have some hightlights of the filming.

CP

fil :ph34r:

Louie and I see each other every day, but I have yet to see Slipshot. Say hi if you see me mate. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

By the way, we won't be here thru December. Christmas and all.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

BILLY BONES Posted: Nov 13 2005, 01:19 PM 

Louie and I see each other every day,

louie??? who was in kw pip last year??...was on the wolf???? long salt n pepper hair???

now for those who dont know..i am married....but can still look!

louie is a hottie! B)B)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

louie??? who was in kw pip last year??...was on the wolf???? long salt n pepper hair???

now for those who dont know..i am married....but can still look!

louie is a hottie! :o:o

Yes that sounds like the player, errr I mean pirate. No No I don't really know that. We have barely said two words to each other ever. Anyone remember Gabrielle?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

That sounds like Louie. Not tall, good sailor. Nice guy. Smokes a covered pipe.

Capt. William Bones

For those who haven't seen this in the Orlando newspaper:

Open casting for extras for the sequels to Pirates of the

Caribbean is being held November 19 in Orlando's Downtown Media

Arts Center from 9 a.m. until noon. The production, starring

Johnny Depp and again directed by Gore Verbinski, will be shot

on Grand Bahama Island in January and February. Background

Casting Director Thomas Gustafson says he's looking for all

types of good male actors -- but ONLY male actors -- to portray

pirates, military and Asian seamen.

For more info:

http://www.piratescasting.com

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

The timing for their filming is perfect. My family and I are taking one of those Disney cruises in February and we stop at Nassau in the Bahamas. :blink:

(Yeah, I know. We won't REALLY see anything of the filming. But the ship does have a Pirate Party on the ship.)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Don't miss the pirate museum there. It is fabulous - one of the best around in my own humble opinion. I liked the Blackbeard recreation in particular.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny