Out running Wilma...

Iron Bess

Just an FYI... for you hard core *have ta knows!*

Everyone (including the ships) are being evacuated from location due to the Hurricane Wilma.

We are on hold AGAIN!! :o:huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Filming during hurricane season is risky at best. How come no one at the production company asked us in Florida?

Wait until December through May - that's the safe time. And it ain't so bloomin' sticky hot down this way.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Filming during hurricane season is risky at best. How come no one at the production company asked us in Florida?

Wait until December through May - that's the safe time. And it ain't so bloomin' sticky hot down this way.

-- Hurricane

(chuckle)

Locations are not my responsability. ;)

I just baby sit everyone else. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Intellicast predicts it to head through the Ocheechobee area. Safe for us Georgian's but that thing is headin for Captain Jim's and Kendra's neighborhood. Hope you all fair well Mates.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

actually...kendra lives not too far from me...as it stands now, we are going to get tropical storm winds. i dont know ANYONE (pirates, of course) from the tampa area who are doing a bloody thing except stocking up on rum!

B)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

A miracle - a hurricane where we didn't lose power. Amazing!!!!!!

Lots of rain and wind. Everyone makes such a big deal about these things - but as I tell people down here there isn't a year that's gone by without a 60+ storm moving through the Seattle area - and when I was four we had 100+ there. No wonder we run out of names when the weather folks name anything over 35 mph. In the Northwest, they'd run out of names in a month.

Glad she's gone - we're almost to the end of the season. Compared to last year, it's been downright dull in Central Florida.

-- Hurricane

(no relation to Wilma)

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

So just as I post it, the power goes out - should have bit me tongue...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Well, I'm headed back to the Bahamas tomorrow. It sounds like most everything faired well in the hurricane, and we'll begin filming again this weekend, I suppose. See ya! BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

My boyfriend is heading to Florida (from upper eastern Maryland) with three other tech guys to fix his company's computers that went down in Wilma. They have to drive, sleep in a van, and most of the places they have to go have no power. He mentioned having to go to Jupiter and Orlando and I forgot where else. He just found out today, he leaves tonight, and he doesn't know when they'll be home. There isn't even enough time for me to see him before he leaves. We're gonna miss our first Halloween together :lol:

DAMN YOU WILMA!!!!!

Pardon the drama :lol:

Cap'n Jim 'ere...all's well...Lost one shingle (a single shingle) and some aluminum soffit...Sustained winds of 80-85 mph, some up in the 110 range. Still and all, nothing like last year. And now, for your amusement, a link to all of the stuff that has happened of note in the last two years of hurricane activity...

Herald Tribune

It's highly interactive, so just keep looking for things to click.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Rogue Mermaid Posted on Oct 25 2005, 12:08 PM

My boyfriend is heading to Florida (from upper eastern Maryland) with three other tech guys to fix his company's computers that went down in Wilma. They have to drive, sleep in a van, and most of the places they have to go have no power. He mentioned having to go to Jupiter and Orlando and I forgot where else. He just found out today, he leaves tonight, and he doesn't know when they'll be home. There isn't even enough time for me to see him before he leaves. We're gonna miss our first Halloween together

hey rogue...if he gets around tampa area, have him give me a ring...i lived in fairfax, va for 11 yrs.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

hey rogue...if he gets around tampa area, have him give me a ring...i lived in fairfax, va for 11 yrs.

I would but he has to save the cell phone battery and charge it whenever he finds electric so I've been letting him call me when he can. He was in Jupiter Thursday and should be in Sunrise today.

Aye, it has been a rough season. A member of the Arizona Yacht Club died in Florida while riding out Hurricane Wilma on his 34ft sailboat. B)

Did he not hear the word "hurricane?" While I'm sorry to hear that anyone bit it in the storm, this is just the kind of folly that adds needlessly to the death toll here. People just don't seem to get the fact that these are dangerous storms. Witness the whiney idiots crying in South Florida now because FEMA didn't give them water and food. Didn't they go to the store before the storm hit? Geez, they had five days warning.

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Did he not hear the word "hurricane?" While I'm sorry to hear that anyone bit it in the storm, this is just the kind of folly that adds needlessly to the death toll here. People just don't seem to get the fact that these are dangerous storms.

- Hurricane

I couldn't agree more, Hurricane. I heard he tied off with just 3 anchor lines in the waterway. I don't consider myself an experienced sailor, but I did read the article in Sail magazine about tieing off boats in hurricanes. The first rule was "Don't plan on staying on the boat." The second rule was "tie off with at least 4 lines to the shore, preferrably six."

I feel for his wife, but sailors are stubborn individuals. I would rather die in a hurricane than the slow painful death like my dad is from diabetes.

May he enjoy the fair breezes, sailing the clouds of heaven.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I'm with you on that. My only hope that when my time comes that the powers that be smite me, strike true and hard. None of this lingering thing for me. I came into the world quickly and hope to leave the same way.

Fair winds!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny