Cannons! Here is where you get em'

Oh, we got to get us some of those!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

How much for an iron swivel gun, Royaliste? I actually like them better than the bronze ones... :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Altho' I'd luv to 'make a buck', I don't recommend buying smaller iron swivel guns. The two foundries I deal with don't cast a liner in the iron swivels, necessitating a bore job by a machinist. The swivel I posted is actually high quality Naval bronze, without liner.(They darken up pretty fast at sea) The bore job on it was over 300 Yankee frogskins, and the guy's a friend of mine!..'Tis a grey area, the smaller guns. That said, the unbored iron swivels are very reasonable...Full size, Navy-type swivels are quite large,and weigh in at around 90 pounds or better a tube...The 32 inch carronade tubes aboard Royaliste weigh in at around 210 per tube, plus carriage. Without a doubt, the loudest, throatiest guns in the Tallship Challenge 2006...it's all about density in relation to bore length and diameter...

:lol:

So what size of cannon did your average 6-10 gun Sloop have during the GAoP?

6pounders? If so, what would a full scale naval bronze or iron tube be for a GAoP Naval Cannon?

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I must say I took Cap'n Glens "Royaliste" advice on my cannons and was impressed with cost and service. I got 2 3" ordinance rifles at 340lbs a tube.,not very piratey but I wanted the biggest I could physically handle and ship. In a naval trundle these will suffice for my needs and look great on a sea wall. The cast Iron will be the most bang for your buck. The bronze looks pretty I have a bronze HMS Victory Cannon for my bar., and a Stainless/nickel mix old english swivel 30" gun. Both at a 1.75 caliber bore.

Powerful they are however they wont hold there own to the power of the iron guns I got thru Royalistes people. These will toss a juice can full of concrete at 800ft per sec for 1700 yards fairly accurately off a sea wall.

Thank You Capn' Glen.

*note* Capn Glen got a few vids of the PH for your veiwing enjoyment at Cebu

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"