Help

Black Syren

I recently ordered a pair of thigh high boots. However they do not fit my calves or thigh, being too tight. Therapy has added to the muscle and now I need to see if I can make my boots fit..Besides splitting the back seam and placing grommets to lace them are there any other suggestions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I recently ordered a pair of thigh high boots. However they do not fit my calves or thigh, being too tight. Therapy has added to the muscle and now I need to see if I can make my boots fit..Besides splitting the back seam and placing grommets to lace them are there any other suggestions?

Provided the leather is right, there are ways of stretching them using oil and and careful pressure over time.

Your boots, not your thighs.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I took them to a boot and shoe repair and they said these could not be done that way. I don't know why. Any other ideas..I saw Lady Alyx's post but I cannot have a boot with heels because of my injured leg...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Then it is a question of the materials, and there is no easy way. Most bonded leathers lack the give. Most shoes are constructed ot only stretch and give a little. Once boots are made, altering them is not easy beyond the lacing you wish to avoid.

Sorry. No easy answers. You might conside cutting them and adding material.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

I've heard tell of some magic potion on can rub into leather that will allow it to stretch. Never tried it m'self, but I've heard it works. And... there's a thread around here where someone mentioned it. I believe it was Hurricane, or Hawkyns, or Callenish Gunner. I'll see if I can find it...

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Twas Hurricane, who said (in the Boots thread):

Pick up some leather spray at any store. It's a relaxer. You spray it inside the boot where it is rubbing or tight and it will loosen up the leather, then dry to fit. My new pair of boots were really tight on the top - two treatments of the magic spray and they're perfect. You can get it at places like WalMart in the shoe section.

-- Hurricane

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.