BLACK POWDER?

Master Sully

Please help me. I'm trying to find a place to order black powder from, possibly in the Southeast.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Ordering black powder can be tricky. There are a number of state and federal regs in place. Most distributors will not ship less than 25 pounds, so some groups get together and order in bulk. For most purposes, it's best to check the yellow pages for gunshops where you live and find one that sells black powder.

Hawkyns

:o

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Powder INC. ships it in 5, 10, or 25 lb quantities. They also let you mix and match on the type of powders you get, so long as your order is 5lb, 10lb, or 25lb total. For example, you can order 3lb of FG (cannon) 1 pound of FFG (rifle) and 1lb of FFFFG (primer) or 5lb of whatever granulation you want for a 5lb order.

For a 5lb order, it costs $52.50 for the 5lb of powder, and then around $30.00 for the shipping and hazmat fees, bringing the total for a 5lb order to $82.50, at least to my zip code. Yours may be different. You also must be at least 21 years of age to sign for the delivery of the powder, and must fill out their "Statement of Release and Certification" and send it in to them before an order can be placed.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Thanks guys. I checked a 50 mile radius of gunshops in both GA and SC and no luck. Everyone's got smokeless powder, but I would rather not blow my hand off. Powder Inc will probably work for me.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I dont know how much powder you need but I get mine from Walmart...they sell it in 1lb containers in the hunting section pyrodex...and triple seven (it burns hotter than pyrodex so use less)...I use it for blackpowder hunting and then use what I dont use in a cannon...works great :o

Out here on the Bloody Blue Briney many Tallships(including ROYALISTE and LYNX) use Main Powder Hoiuse. Best prices, fast shipping, and they eat the Hazmat and shipping. Storing large amounts of black powder becomes tricky,as you may purchase up to 50 pounds, but only store 25 pounds legally in an APPROVED powder magazine. Homeland Security has their issues, eh wot?

;)

ROYALISTE Pillagin' the South Coast, and Takin' NO Prisoners!