Looking for Pirate Pistol

BlackBeardPOGL

Been looking for a prop Pirate Pistol, Just want one for show,if i take it out on the lake and put a little powder in the pan to flash and make smoke,but don't want it to fire live ammo,Ieve checked several sites and all i have found is these junk metal pistols that are decorations only.

Any help on this matter would be great..... :ph34r:

I don't know of any replica pirate pistol that is going to not be a live shooter, but still hold a flint and powder to make a flash.

The prop/display pistols for $39 on e-bay are China pot-metal so unless you need one for your "costume" I'd stay away.

Really, what you are saying is, "I want a live flintlock pistol, but i don't want to shoot live ammo, i just want it to make a flash."

Fortunatley, flintlocks fall outside of the realm of restrictive firearms laws in most states (when was the last time somebody robbed a store with a flintlock?).

The "Cheap" route is the Queen Anne Pistol by Pedersoli. If you google it, you can find it in an extremely easy to build kit form for about $200.

Loyalist Arms Has a cool 1690s doglock for about $300 which would be authentic and cool at the same time.

There is more general information on Pirate Weapons at my website... check it out!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Aye, Simply put.....

If you don't want it to fire, don't put anything down the barrel and just prime the pan. Easy enough.

As I understand it, some of the pieces from Loyalist Arms come with the touch hole un-drilled, but otherwise ready to use, so that might be your answer....

>>>>> Cascabel

If you want flash in the pan, you may as well fire blank loads and have flash in the pan, and flash out of the barrel too... :o

otherwise, you can always just prime the pan and not load the barrel... a real flintlock is a joy to own, and shooting one, even with just blank loads, is addictive. :)

Plus, a real flintlock will last several lifetimes, if properly taken care of.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

make one. take a pistol with an action like the one i acuired from disney world a long long time ago before orange things.. and put some pop rocks on it thn it will pop! then with your other hand pump some smoke from a bag that is pre filled..

by the way whats the difference between a pirate pistol and a regular pistol?

:lol:

As I understand it, some of the pieces from Loyalist Arms come with the touch hole un-drilled, but otherwise ready to use, so that might be your answer....

Aye, an' then ye can move up in the world if the mood ever strikes ye. But do get someone who knows something about black powder to learn ye about safety an' all...unless ye like th' nickname "Lefty." O' course ye could always get a hook ta replace it with...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

hurr hurr....real.....is the way t' go.......just don't load it!.....over here the laws are ........ifin ye holds a 'black powder' licence....(liken a shot gun licence)...then yer sorted.......'tis naught hard t' get......unless ye be of (lets naught go there).....wi' a ruck sack......etc.....kits are good t'..... :lol:;);)

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg