Earrings for Non-Pierced Ears?

Mick I have no idea how true this is but I read it in a historical romance of all things and I think Ill make some.

Basically they take an earring and instead of using a piercing or clip they tie a clear thread around it and place the thread over the ear. Again not sure if this works and I have not tried it yet. This was from an early time, before renaissance and took place in Scotland in the time of celts.

As for earrings you could try Hot Topic and recently at Big Lots I bought a pair of skull and crossbones that dangle from a hoop. I was palnning on taking the skull and crossbone and removing it from the hoop and trying this thread theory.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

You can get magnetic earings. Usually pretty strong rare earth magnets with a front and back that "clip" to your ears.

Your could also go the route of ear bands. These slide over the cartiligious portion of your ear and sit at about the half way point. Try doing a google search on these.

Well ye ain't gonna like the non peiced earrings. I have some o' me mother's from the 1930's that are gorgeous rhinestones, some are screw backed others are clip. All of them hurt like hell on your ears!

I agree with Bully's answer. :)

I agree with Bully's answer.   :)

Aye... me too.

I had a "clip-on" earring that I wore for about a week at Gulf Wars a couple years back. I took it off every night, made sure it was clean, etc. By the end of the week, the damn thing had wore through the skin on the front and back of my ear and got infected. I finally said to hell with it this year and went ahead and pierced my ear... twice. A little more temporary pain at first, but now they don't bother me at all.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Yah.... I gotta sound off also..... just poke a hole in ye ear......

(Interestingluy (ok something like that) anyway........pinching yer skin.... messes it up worse than puncureting (poking holes throught it)

But you can ank Pyske(dang ... eh name be something like that...'er avitar be an elf 8)...... .) (she's on th" board... just not sure I typed her name right..) BUT she would know bout this........... she is a proffesionall.........

(dang can't spall wort chit......)

When in dought .... find someone that knows................

I know ye prefer online, but my husband found his at Claire's/Icing a few years back when we were down at the Ohio Ren Fest, but I'm sure all of them have them. They aren't magnetic, but rather a spring that moves the piece back to tighten it on the ear. They had several styles like this but the husband went with various size hoops.

G'luck in ye search~

Kat

• 2 weeks later...