Taberna del Gallo

hurricane

If you ever St. Augustine way in Florida, be sure to spend an evening at the Taberna del Gallo. It is a great replica of a mid 18th century pub, about as authentic as it gets. Candles light the room, the Bilge Rats regale the audience with songs of the sea and there's no sign of any technology. Ya feel guilty even having a cellphone in your pouch. Amazing experience! The Pyrates of the Coast had a great time there - swilling sangria, hard cider and of course, fine ales. Bring your own tankard and prepare to sing along.

Here's some photos... the one looks staged but that's the way it really is... lots of folks in costumes and kids are welcome until the Bilge Rats get a little period risque...

tabernasmall.jpg

tavern3.jpg

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Aye, 'tis a great place! The whole Bilge Rat group wasn't there the night we were; but we got to hear and jaw with one of the lads from the group.

The whole Spanish Village is great! :( It made me think of what the French Quarter must once have been like! :)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"