Needin' Pint Size Plunder

I have a female child size 12 pyrate that be needin' some garb for faires etc.

She is aware the cost of her father & I's costumes and knowing this has asked this be be her ONLY Bday present. How can I say no when the kid only asks for one thing? I would love to put it together for around $100 since in 2 years I doubt she'll fit in it.

Any suggestions on where I might start lookin? Or any SIMPLE patterns; I can use a needle and thread meself at a VERY basic level and thought I might do her skirt, but there is no way I can do much more than that.

Thank thee in advance~

Kat

Well, my first real garb ( which could also be used for more piratey wench sort of things) Was very simple, but looks great with the right accecories. ( would be great if I could spell! )

Anyway. A chemise, an elastic or drawstring skirt ( leaves room for growing ) and some kind of vest or unboned bodice type thing.

A chemise is very simple to make, and goes with everything!

Custom Elizabethan Smock Generator

The site above will give you directions on making the patter ( it's dead easy ) once you've put measurements in. With a chemise, it's fine to go a little larger, especially if she'll grow into it.

A drawstring skirt is really freakin' easy. It's just a loop of fabric, with elastic or drawstring in one edge, then, embellish as you wish.

The bodice, i'm not sure about. You could check out halloween costume patterns from simplicity or McCalls at wal-mart or wherever.

Essentialy ( at least I think so) the finishing touch should be a hat. You can buy hat blanks at Jas Townsend, and stitch them however you like.

Jas Townsend & Sons, Inc.

This is just my tu'pence worth.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."