Pyrates of the West Coast

Having spent the betters parts of the afternoon in me quarters I decided to go up to the galley and eat a bit afore me dog watch and i didn't see him but I nearly fell when I were coming down a dark isle from the aft and Kicked something(one) and nearly fell. I kneeled down and felt an unmistakable leg and yelled standing up and getting really loud I yelled for the bosun, BOSUN MAN DOWN I repeat MAN DOWN. Then pulling out his body from between the riser and wall it was Mr. P E W. Help I Screamed! as I checked for his pulse which I found weak but there. ANYBODY HELP! I picked him up and couldn't carry him by myself a big man I held his head and he opened his eyes long enough to know it were me and they closed. Christine, Christine are ye round lass HELP!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kendra sits and is mendon one of the crew's breeches, "I swear Simon God should truly bless this crew with all He indeed has for all the hole-ly garments I have seen in this past week!"

Simon's grand laughter seems to echo through out the ship, "I wish that could be true Miss."

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Chasse de Mer

16* 10' 44" N / 61* 6' 6" W

Early evening made its way without hurry or concern to the wants and needs of the mortal realm. Westward, Old Sol had begun the end of daily duty with the grand display of Caribee hue; splashing the heavens above with colors of no earthly name and a vastness of tincture uncaptured to a master artist's brush. Delicate zephyrs taunted and tugged at massed canvas bundles above wooden surface of planked spacing; the eager touch of fluid salt caressed the length of bouyant French architecture and occassionally pulled to capture the frigate's whim against the refusal of anchorage held soundly by ring and hook.

From the support of port gun'nel, Capitaine Fournier leaned leisurly in survey to the return of ship's company. Authoritive calls of coxswaine command rolled water's surface, drifting back to the frigate and her comander's hearing; one need not the aid of 'glass to gage the dishearted expression over most of the approaching faces. Jean-Micheale suppressed the amusement he felt inwardly at the sour manner on display, for it was a truth shared well betwixt commander and crew that these "little liberties" ashore with dusky skinned beauties were given with frequency; a common place thing that, regardless of grumblings, was very highly prized by those who had served under other not so generous captains.

Fournier was no fool, little things of reward, such as this, kept moral in decent state, and in return, all that was ever asked in boon was unwavering devotion. And that particular tithe was paid readily by every rank that made Chasse de Mer home, for the perks were a wonderful thing, but to serve under a capitaine of well touted career history made for grand bragging rights in port. Bragging rights of proportion always made for entertaining promise on land and guarantee of extra coin to be had at sea.

Turning from the rail, Fournier made way to his sheltered domain of grand cabin to gander the charts spread upon sprawl of eloquated table. Running an index finger over parchament offering, he traced from current local to the North...and destination of near future. Pouring a goblet of spirits from ever attending decater, the intense tint of amber sight centered on the all too familiar rendering that would allow for hopeful unburden of dispatch; one currently under locked security. Deep within the mental corridors of clever nature, a thought played hide and seek, temptation called to inner hearing, to the possibilities that lay ahead with official buisness put to rest.

The world was an oyster and all it took was the proper state of mind to obtain the pearls held within. Focusing upon the rendered land mass floating on pristine inked waters, Capitaine Jean-Micheale Fournier smiled...A smile that could be labled disconcerting to one who might go so far as to ponder the thoughts causing its' appearance...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Christine thank God ye heard me girl. Please run get the surgeon and Armand Send anyone to the Quartermaster you encounter and tell of this and say I will be late upon my arrival for my watch.

Christine quickly was up and out I heard her feet as the wood and leather collided long down the hall.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

::I slowly start to regain conciousness. Looking up a see a shadow above me. I reach for my dagger, but a strong hand holds mine on the handle. "Easy son, 'tis me, the monsignor" speaks the shadow. I reach back slowly and feel a lump on my head with the warm sensation that it is still bleeding. I collapse again, only to land back on the floor.::

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Damn where the hell is everybody? PEW comes too as I stifle his need to stick me with his knife. and then out again God help us where is everybody?

HELP I yell again! HELP!

From behind me I hears tito yellin monsignor what is it and hear his rapid ascent to my position.

Tito my good man, Help me this is Mr P E W and he has been what appears to be hit upon the back of his head and he is bleeding we need to get him to the sick bay pronto.

Tito says he'll be right back and I hear him as he runs off.

A moment later he is there with a cot from below we can easily lie Mr Pew upon it to keep his neck still. I take off my belts and strap one around his middle to hold him on the cot and my other to semi lock his head in place facing up.

Together we lift and carefully negotiate the ups joists, framing and turns around over and to the sick bay (we couldn't have been luckier to be on the same deck) Tito knocks hard on the door and Armand opens it I push Tito in and Armand backs out of the way seeing the unconcious Mr P E W we bring him in and set him on the table next to Jack.

Jack is studying the events and says what happened?

I don't know I say I found him way over at the galley unconcious and bleeding on the back of his neck and the minutes that seemed like hours just kept going on and on and I sent Christine over here not long ago and did she get here? And who is that on that table over there?

The surgeon is wrapping that man's leg and turns and faces me looking as if I should be else where and not there. I take the look as my reward and beg off. Armand I say I leave you with Mr P E W!

As Tito and I leave the sick bay we close the door behind us. I turn face Tito and thank him taking his hand in mine and with my other too I grasp it well and ad You are a God send me friend. I must go thank ye agian I turn and make my way.

Making my way onto the Quarterdeck I wave to Ciaran and seeing me, he makes his descent. I head me way to the baskets and missed seeing Christine about or Dorian and even ms Smith. as Ciaran and I pass on the ratlines I ask im where our crew is? He points over to the mercahntman and says they are all over there working on that ships repairs. I see! And Our gunners? I looked down to see two swivels manned only. Ok Ok I got this watch sorry I'm late. looking down to Ciaran now as we have moved on by each other I says good friend would ya see if you might be of some help (just in case) with our surgeon.

25 June 1704

7 bells evening watch 2330

::The day coming to an end, all major works ending for the day, three hours past... The QuarterMaster finally makes his way back to his own ship, heads for the quarterdeck..::

Aye Lads, Lasses... where do we find 'rse'fs this eve? All is well enough... no more dead... some minor hurts, but no matter....

::He settles himself by the sternpost, cocks his head, nods to himself...::

Aye.... I think I c'n spare th' time fer a pipe...

::He heads over to the binnacle box, opens the cabinet...::

Ah-ha... right where's a left ye...

::drawing a box out from under the logbook, he opens it, procures his pipe and pouch of tobacco, packs the bowl, puts the stem in his teeth, then replaces the pouch inthe box and puts the box back into the cabinet... he walks back to the stern lantern and lights his pipe from within...::

*draws in a puff and blows it out* Ahhhhh.... tha's fine... indeed....

::Mr. Lasseter looks out over the stern, down to the water, seeing the reflection of the ship and himself in the water... he wonders if the captain is awake, seeing the image of the great cabin's windows below... wondering where William has a want to take them... "will we stay in the Caribees? mayhaps the pyrate round? risk the straights of Gibralter in to the Med? Where?" His thoughts drift like his pipe smoke on the breeze...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

::Slowly I come back to the light. Peering over I see our Master-at-Arms rustling about on his bunk. In the corner is the Surgeon's Steward making haste with swaddled bandages and refuse. I try to refocus my eyes as I watch the Surgeon pen some notes in the sick bay's logbook. I slowly try to get up and feel the Steward press me back into the cot, "Si' vous plait" he says quietly. He hands me a small cup of water and I lean back down. Staring at the ceiling I try and retrace my steps of the previous few minutes. Minutes? or Hours? How long have I been down here?::

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Doin what it be I does best!

Cuppin me hands I yell down to Dorian

"Quartermaster that smells like a fine blend from up here.

Did you hear sir of Mr. P E W he's in the surgeons care sir!"

lookin through me brings em near I am keeping to me surround search on the 'orizons around us as we drift tied together with the Danzig Tarder. The noise level down to a finishing type o work where the big and heavy been mostly compleated and details and finishing touches sand and paint be ready for the morrow.

There is nothin like bein in the basket when the suns starts it's way gone.

Red sky startin up I see...........

Word reached the Captain that Mister Pew was discovered in the hold following an assault. He had been taken to the surgery and no sign of the assailant was discovered.

William pondered the ramifications of the attack. It could be easily passed off as an assault from one of the Danzig's crew, but William didn't think so. It was true that many of the Dutch had been aboard at the time, but it seemed less than logical given their assistance to the Danzig.

When Christine had been assaulted days before, William had considered that her attack might have been a fabrication brought on by fear and terror. Her injuries suggested that she had indeed been assaulted, but William didn't want to believe that anyone aboard the Watch Dog would attack another crew member while they were under fire. Now, he had to face the reality that the attack on Mister Pew was too similar to be a coincidence.

He sent for the Bosun and the Quartermaster.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

::As the QuarterMaster contemplated what may come, word was passed that the Captain requested and required his person in his quarters... He knocked the embers out of is pipe, allowing them to cascade down into the water below, he returned the pipe to its box in the cabinet and made his way off the quarter, down onto the main and finally below deck, to the ward room... upon entering, he saw the Bo'sun already there and the Captain seated at the table...::

Aye Cap'n.... I's here at yer request, what news?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: Jack watches the arrival of Mr. Pew, and wonders aloud about yet another assault aboard the Watch Dog. ::

What's all this? Another of our crew harmed? One of those Dutch devils loose below decks, no doubt. :: heavy sigh :: I can lie about here no longer. I must speak presently with the doctor about returning to my duties as quickly as possible. Not to mention introducing myself "properly" to the senior officers...

:: He catches a questioning glance from Armand. Jack smiles and winks in reply ::

Haven't ye heard, mate? Ol' Jack's got himself a right proper last name, eh?

:: Armand chuckles and shakes his head, and returns to looking after Mr. Pew. "L'humeur de l'Anglais est très étrange." ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

"Mister Lasseter. Please join us."

William sets aside his charts and logbooks.

"No doubt the two have you have learned of the attack on Mister Pew." William waits for a nod from each. "It would seem that we have an assailant on board this ship. Now it would be easy enough to blame the Dutch, if not for the previous attack on our cook. Both attacks, gentlemen, are too similar to ignore.

Now even though I do not suspect the Dutch, I should like any Dutch crew members, apart from Mister Scully, sent back aboard the Danzig Trader. This way, we can be sure to find the culprit should he or she present himself or herself by an additional attack or through a questioning of the crew.

Please see that the Dutch crew is sent back again to the Danzig and begin questioning the crew of the Watch Dog from the top down."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

*After hearing what has happened to his gunners.*

Mr. Pew assaulted! When this bloody happen, it better not have any thing to do wit dat bloody Mr Van Buren. Best go inform da quartermaster.

Goes aft to the captains cabin and knocks on the door.*

Master Gunner here, be needin ta talk ta da Cap'n an Quartermaster.

Petee-2.jpg

Perfect days evening turning to night and again in my favorite seat watching the world go by thinkin about Christine and Mr Pew. How is it that Christine is so seemingly in the wrong place at a wrong time? and I forget all about the ships mystery mugger and takes out me brings 'em near and takes a look around the entirty of our broadest of horizons to no avail. Though the red parched the sky over two bells past right now has gone and turned purple then again to that of black and such stars leave me agape. Dead calm, not even the smallest of a breath of wind assails the decks of our entwined ships.

Aye....

Good lord.....

I knows what ye gots planned....

yessir I does....

This be the calm before the storm.... :lol:

(As per the Monsignor's request, Ciaran walks down to the Surgery to see if his assistance is needed in any way. The Lookout stands at the door as Armand makes the inquiry to Dr. Fitzgerald.)

"Non, monsieur Ciaran," Armand says. "Nous sommes bien, merci."

(Ciaran nods and heads downstairs to the galley for a parcel of nourishment before retiring to his bunk.)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

The ussual battery of tests were gone through withmeticulous stride in regard to the Gunner newly arrived. It was a nasty raise of swelling that crowned Mister P.E.W.'s scalp, but, that would go down in time. The laceration was sutured to close and instruction given that the gentleman in question would be relieved of duty until knowledge was secured of no further damage not evident to the naked eye. He was assigned one of the vacant cot's and encouraged to rest for the time being.

Assured of the Gunner's comfort, Tempest went to a small basin of water to rinse her hands from the stain of recent procedures. It was of no suprise that the thoughts whirrling in cranial confine tallied the numbers of injury since joining this post...and injuries to pates seemed to be the front runners to date. Drying the fine boned wrought of delicate fingers, she turned from her contemplations and catching Armand's eye, nodded to the heavy door to indicate the thickened plank's need of replace for security. The barrier back in place, she crossed the room's smallish expanse to gain the Master at Arms' company.

Pulling up the support of small wandering stool, the Surgeon sat heavily to its circular surface as if the world's weight balanced her shoulders. With expulsion of heavy sigh, Tempest looked to Jack's face and a minute passed quietly before she spoke with a tinge of regret.

" I know well how much you wish to leave this room and on some levels I wish that I could do the same for a space of time. I do very much miss the air above and greeting Le Soleil in the quiet morning hours from the stern rail, when the world is peaceful in its' mannerisms..."

Her voice drifted to silence, eyes drifting away mommentarily, but then cutting back to Jack's attention.

" I do not know the intentions or methode that plagues our current situation...And as much as I wish to give you the freedom you and I both crave, it is my fear that in doing so, I should be weighed heavily with regret of the decision..."

The hue of emerald orbs locked upon Jack's own and for a fleeting turn, there danced a sadness and regret.

"I cannot, with clear conscience, allow you in your mending state, to wander the decks of this ship with the chance of negative encounter being so high in stakes. It grieves me to say so by very heavy means , dear gent. But, you know as well as I, that in such an encounter you would be at great disadvantage in current state and that is not something that I wish to chance. "

She looked away guiltily as she stood erect.

"Mayhaps on the morrow things will calm...Mayhaps with the morn, Armand and myself will be able to help you to the decks above for a moment of fresh air..."

Tempest made effort to offer a smile of encouragement as she turned away in retreat to the desk's reassuring familiarity.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: As he listened to Dr. Fitzgerald's rejection of his request to resume normal duty, Jack smiled wanly ::

I understand your concerns, Doctor. And, of course, you are correct. Under normal circumstances, that is. You and I know that these are anything but normal circumstances. Despite my normal inclinations, I cannot pull rank of station in this matter. Please, stop smiling, Doctor. You make it ever so difficult for me to argue sternly with you! I will acquiesce to your wishes and remain under your care until you are satisfied. Please do me the favour of extending my compliment to our Captain and Quartermaster, and also inform them that in the passing of my fever, I have managed to recall my own last name in addition to other fractured, incongruous memories.

:: He cocks his head and winks mischieviously ::

A bloody feat 'at Ol' Jack's found a marble or two t' claim 'is own? Funny ol' world, ain't it?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

It was with heavy heart that Tempest mulled over the words having just transpired. She had taken a genuine liking to the Master at Arm's company and truely felt guilt to the turning away of his request. Never the less, with things in the current state of strange brewings, she could not with clear conscience, allow the man his roam about in current winged state. If the Master at Arms fell prey as the two others had, it would be a hard pill for her to swallow indeed.

When faced with the weight of decision such as this one, she oft times wondered why she had not followed her mother's wishes and given in to the constant pursuites of past suitors and simply settled down... inwardly she laughed at such a thought, for Colleen Bertrand was her Father's daughter....and would never be pleased with the confine of cage, no matter how gilded it may present itself to be.

Glancing to Jack St. Anthony, her mind mused at simularities held betwixt the Englishman and her mother's father. The thought would have more than likely make the auld feller spin in his grave, for the concept that any English should be given in comparisson to that Irish blood would be a sacrelidge in the very least. Tempest glanced to where Jack was now in conversation with Armand and was unable to supress the certained smug knowledge that had raised itself to view..

Mr Hawks is truly a craftsman. The splintered wood of the Danzig Trader would appear unsalvagable to most, yet with his expert tooling, this ship will be sea worthy again. We have been working diligently side by side through most of the night with lanterns lighting our way. He uses precision as he creates supporting braces from his raw metals. Indeed our Captain will be pleased with the progress.

:ph34r:

Working through the night and most of the next day, Rummy and Jonathan Hawks complete the much needed repairs to the vessel. As Rummy and her help hold the wood in place, Jonathan wraps some special straps he has made only once before some several years back for some damage similar to this. These are round, but have two high points which also attach themselves both up and down from any break. They will render the original material as good as new with even more strength to hold for time to come. It is his special invention which noone else has been able to recreate to his specialization.

"Alright Rummy, looks like I be finished e're. Ya did a most good job I says. This il hold as if twer new and longer. Ana it puts no more weight on it ta be hamperin its usefullness. You and yer men did a shipwrights job I says. Wishin I coud do with wood like that meself. Let us be telling the Captain e're we be done and make way back ta the Watch Dog. What say ya Lassie?"

Shoots anything that moves!!

(Taking Mr Hawks hand and congratulates him for the job well done with a warm handshake) Mr Hawks, your skills are like none I have ever laid me eyes upon! The men that have been working with us are equally dedicated and I thinks we are indeed ready to call it a day. When we are ashore again, I owes ye a drynk in the first pub we come upon. Now, let's gather our tools and prepare to return. I believe that Mr Lasseter will want to make an inspection soon.

:ph34r:

*Simon helps his mistress to the main deck so that she may see the early morn sky as a grey mist skims across the water. A slight chill creeps up her spine* There's something strange in the air she thinks. Not of any supernatural in nature but it is something* . . .

dark and forboading. . . So slient. . .not even the birds sing, so she sings a tune to herself to calm her nerves*

"An ill wind begins to blow, yet in my heart I Know

The Lord shall carry me through this storm.

Though I may at times get blown about, He will be there to guide me out!

Like a sailor's best mate, He'll be there to carry the weight.

May Lord of us all,help us through this hellish squal. . ."

*she then begins to shut her eyes as the ship rocks and sings its own lullyby"

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1