Pyrates of the West Coast

Well Then! I guess I've been told? (picks up the bowl and eats the bulk of the fruit and is satiated and sets ergh should I say props the water up so it can't possibly spill, starts looking for his flask and the vase he can store some water in each and feig being out just in case he is forgotten about on the morrow) Badger said the captains not well...... (bows me head seein the need be fer prayer) Heavenly father let the captains recovery be easy as his strength is needed on the ship. Let him too in his dreamstate see the reasons why we are all here together as one in the pirate democracy decided upon by yer own interventions and guide him to the memory of what pirating be all about the fun and the freedom from the documented regimental beurocratic piss can Navy. Shyte good Lord this aint no Navy ship but you'd never knows it would ya? Give this light to our captain for we are for him nay against 'im. Never allowing those ruthless Royal Navy (screamin jes to hear there own voices) officers without any crew of the likes knowing about loyalties types to sneak into and ruin his temperments either lord. As he's vulnerable right now so keeps them bad types away from him for us all. In your name I pray. Amen

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William wakes for the third time since the morning watch and guesses that they must be in the afternoon watch or first dog watch by now.

Tempest allows him some food, though specific and in careful portions. He takes all without complaint and allows himself the care that others might refuse. He waits until she seems sufficiently pleased at his obedience to instruction before asking her if he might have a short conversation with Mister Lasseter, promising to be brief and to remain prone.

She sends Armand for the Quartermaster.

In the interviening time he watches Jack toss about his bunk and murmur things that seem only familiar in vague and half guessed ways. He makes no inquiry, since Tempest's face is enough to give away Jack's condition at this time. He just watches the injured man and waits.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

:: The Quartermaster paces on the quarterdeck, paging through the logbook, deep in thought, yet listening to the ship, the crew... His thoughts are interupted at the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs to the quarterdeck.... He turns to face who might intrude in on his thoughts... it is Armand, a pleasant look on his face... Mr. Lasseter stops pacing and stands to face Armand.... ::

"Meseur Lasseter... The Capitane, he wishes to speak with you..."

::the quartermaster nods::

Aye Lad... Mr. Badger!! Ye 'ave th' deck, I shall be wi' th' cap'n presently...

::As the Bo'sun takes his place on the quarterdeck, the QM heads below with Armand...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

"Mister Lasseter. Please have a seat. I have not said how agreeable it is to have you safely aboard again. Welcome back, sir.

What news have you heard since your return? Other than our poor Jack here, I do not know who is injured or what damages have been done to the ship."

:: the QM has a seat, smiles and nods as the Captain speaks...::

Aye Cap'n, tis goode ta be back aboard... better ta see ye lively...

Well, I've conducted some questionin's o' some o' th' crew... Me notes 'r up in th' logbook o' mine... As fer th' ship, she be put ta rights... weren't much damage actually.... from wot I's told, twasn't much o' a battle... Ye an' Jack seem ta be th' worst o' the injured... there be some o' th' lads wi, th' usual cuts, scrapes an' th' like...

::a look of concern passes the QM's face::

An' I's needin' ta ask.... I done wot ye ordered.... th' Monsignor be locked in 'is quarters... Mr. Youngblood be in irons, locked in th' powder magazine...An' here be 'is pipe, flint n' steel, an' I stripped 'im o' all weaponry an' other metal items... like this 'ere flask... But... I needs ta ask... 'is report seemed right enough... What I mean ta ask...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

"Well, before I speak on the matter regarding Mister Youngblood, I should point out that I did not ask anyone to confine the monsignor under lock and key. I did ask, de la Vega to spend some time in his quarters following our conversation earlier today."

William pauses.

"I cannot see how having him under lock and key can do him any harm, but I'd not see it done just the same. Please leave the room unlocked so that he may come and go at his leisure.

As for Mister Youngblood. His too much zeal for powder has caused me to confine him for a time. He went into the rigging along with the rest of the crew at my request during the height of our confrontation with enemy vessels. He and others seemed not to understand my purpose in sending them aloft with a ship bearing down on us and we with no means for motion. I assumed that sailors of any experience would have gone as high as the sails to do the work of releasing the bound up sailcloth there, but I was mistaken. Many of them remained aloft but unengaged in action as the ship bore down on us.

True, the apparition that engaged us was frightening in some aspects, but to look aloft and find Mister Youngblood packing a pipe with all the fresh powder buckets spread below him on the gun deck surprised me more than that enemy ship in all of its glorious terror.

Then the crew, prompted by shouting from the monsignor, returned to the deck without arranging sufficient sale to move the Watch Dog, and Mister Youngblood opened the ports and fired without orders from either Myself or Mister Badger.

I can only assume that they did what they deemed best, despite the Watch Dog's immobility. Fortunately the other ship passed us broadside. If they had chosen to take up a position nearer the stern, we would be half way under water and probably murdered, scattered or taken as slaves. The enemy ship could have kept well out of our range and shot at us at its whim, but we were fortunate."

:: A look of disbelief crosses the Quartermaster's face::

Interesting... 'e told me ye releived 'im o' his duties, an' ta lock 'im up.... Armand, Would ye be so kind as ta go tell Mr. Badger ta remove th' guard and unlock the Monsignor from 'is confines? Thankee kindly...

:: he nods his head, closes his eyes at the description of the events that took place from the captain's point of view... ::

Tis truly amaizin'.... truly... I myself believed we 'ave a seasoned crew... some 'r green, but as a whole... a goodly crew... But wot ye says... mayhaps... mayhaps it was th' odd ship th' caused 'em ta fail their duties... 'owever... tis still not a good thing, th' crew not followin' orders, 'r moreso, followin' th' wims o' whoe'er shouts out wot they think be best...

Tis a goode thing, as ye said, tha' ship din't rake us from th' stern... this ol' girl woulda been naught but flotsam... along wi' alla ye... *shudder* pains me ta think tha'...

Are ye well enough ta resume formal command, Cap'n?

I 'ave somat for ye, in yer quarters...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"In truth, Mister Lasseter. I expected to wake not at all, or to wake in the fray of abanding this ship.

Had I been aboard the enemy ship I would have shot away the rudder or sunk the Watch Dog in the low water of the cove and ransacked her for all her goods at low tide."

William pauses to listen to the lull of the ship and the sounds from above.

"Where are we? We are rocking too much to be in shallow water, but we appear to be at anchor."

(Mumblin' can be heard from outside the monsignor's door....then the rattle o' keys..).....''father, ye be free t' roam at yer needs sah!.......word come down from high eh?....hurr huurr.......ye seem t' be out o' water father....I'll fetch ye a tankard ful''l.......(turns t' leave)

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

"In truth, Mister Lasseter. I expected to wake not at all, or to wake in the fray of abanding this ship.

Had I been aboard the enemy ship I would have shot away the rudder or sunk the Watch Dog in the low water of the cove and ransacked her for all her goods at low tide."

William pauses to listen to the lull of the ship and the sounds from above.

"Where are we? We are rocking too much to be in shallow water, but we appear to be at anchor."

Aye... well... I believe yer in a much better place than ye expected....

::he says with a smile::

Aye, tha' woulda been my thoughts... there be no damage ta th' stern, so th' atttempt were not made... we was quite easy prey there... tho tis a fine hidin' place... r' so I thought...

Aye, Cap'n... I told ye when I first seen ye awake... we be two miles off th' coast, ridin' on th' hook... I have us darkened at night, sos not ta attract attention... We was too vulnerable settin' in th' shallows...

An' I made sure noone could go by th' board while I was tryin' ta find out what happened aboard...

SO, here we be....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"Ah. So you did. Thank you, Mister Lasseter."

William goes quiet. He seems lost in thought for a time before returning to the conversation.

"Mister Lasseter, please bring us again to the cove, but not into it. We will need several volunteers to dive for the lost anchor cable at low tide tonight. Please find me some good strong swimmers for the task and arm a double watch while we are near to land.

And please send me, Mister Badger."

::The Quartermaster stands, knuckles his forehead::

Aye Aye, Cap'n... glad ta 'ave ye back...

To th' cove then... I'll make reperations fer salvagin' th' main anchor...

Mr. Badger shall be 'ere forthright...

:: He goes out the door, starts to head for the deck, then stops, heads to the Captain's quarters, retrieves the Mortuary Sword left there and returns to the Ward ::

My apologies, Cap'n... But I see yer wi' out yer cutlass... So, here be yer new Sword...

Big%20Cromwell%20Long.jpg

::he hands the sword to the Captain, smiles, that departs for the deck...::

Mr. Badger!!! Cap'n requests yer attendance!!! I 'ave th' deck!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

June 21, 1704 - Aboard the Watch Dog

First Dog Watch

"Please come in, Mister Badger. Won't you have a seat?"

William gestures towards a chair for the Bosun. He sets the new sword aside and begins plying Mister Badger with questions.

"Mister Badger, can you tell me what happened after I was shot? Who took command of the ship? What became of our enemy and the Dutch Merchantman? Was either sunk? Did we remain in the cove?

Please tell me what you can."

:: the ships bell strikes 2 bells of the First Dog Watch ::

Ah, tha' late a'ready...

::The QM leans over the rail, sees Nigel...::

Aye, Nigel.... Be so kind as ta take a plate o' vittles n' a tankard o' beer down ta' th' Powder Magazine fer Mr. Youngblood.... Oh, an' a piss-bucket...

Thankee...

::Nigel, taking his orders to heart, heads for the Galley... profers a wooden plate, fills it with some cold beef, a wedge of cheese, two small oranges... takes a leather jack and fills it with beer... he makes his way to the Magazine, has the guard open the door and puts the food on top of a barrel, retreats and heads back on deck, finding one of the slop buckets, he returns to the Magazine, again has the guard open the door, slides the bucket in, and has the guard lock up... his extra duty done, he heads back to the deck...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ifin ye don'ts minds Capn'...I prefers t' stand....ye never knows when trouble will strike sah!!...(straightens back)...

As I recall sah! ...there was a callin' from aloft....trouble afoot fer sure..err...then.....ye came onto deck sah an' called all hands t' the sheets....after all hands went aloft.....ye cut the anchor sah...a text book procedure, I may add sah!...

there were a sudden scatterin' o' wood an' the like across deck...some o' the boyz started down t' deck from aloft...........most that don't knows th'r arse from th'r elbow I may add.......the rest o' the lads freed the sheets sah........it was about this time that there seemed t' be no officers upon deck an' an 'orrid smell like old jethro's socks sah......a strange fog decended upon the decks ( said it were unlucky t' ave wome...coughs)....so.....err....I took it upon mesel' t' call fer full sail an' fer master gunner t' let loose....so's t' say sah.......bin sortta expectin' a repremand.....but ye've bin under the squall sah.....(.Stands straighter...chin out)

Piratesig1.jpg

Aye sah?......there was alot o' shoutin' goin' on....but I heard no officers sah.....so....I continued yer last order..rrrss....sah..(stops t' think).....comes t' think o' it sah...ye didn't call fer cannon....but we were under attack sah!!

Piratesig1.jpg

Aye sah?......there was alot o' shoutin' goin' on....but I heard no officers sah.....so....I continued yer last order..rrrss....sah..(stops t' think).....comes t' think o' it sah...ye didn't call fer cannon....but we were under attack sah!!

"Aye, Mister Badger. I did not call for cannon until I was satisifed we could turn the ship enough to make the cannon useful. With the ship stationary, one can only fire when one's enemies are foolish enough to pass in front of the cannon broadside.

And if you ordered Mister Youngblood to fire after I was shot then you cannot be held to blame, as Mister Youngblood was already firing and ordering to reload by then."

William pauses to put these new facts in order.

"How were the Quartermaster, Carpenter and Blacksmith retrieved? Was the barge run out at a later time?"