Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ciaran watches in a state of total befuddlement as the Monsignor seems to be led off as if under guard.)

Ciaran concludes that perhaps Diego is not feeling well and Mr. Badger be simply accompanying him to his room.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

''Aye father.....All thems except the Capn' aye''.......(Locks the door.....posts a man upon the doorway).......''None shall pass!!''...(wags finger at the bloke)...''.I'll get ye some o' yer 'ard tack...an' nibbles soon as time allows father''....(returns t' the QM)......''take the deck sah?....

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

:: Jack hears the summonse of the Quartermaster, and climbs the stairs to the quarterdeck presently ::

Aye, sir! Reporting as ordered, sir!

:: Blood soaks the unattended wound at his knee, but he seems oblivious to it all... ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Aye Mr. Samson... I sees ye be lookin' low... Ye act as iffn' ye be 'angin' by th' yardarm this eve... Tis not th' case, lad... Aye, there will be an accountin' fer...

Perk up lad! An' I'll be havin' ye come wi' me ta see th' Cap'n.... Well, yer ta see th' Surgeon fer tha' knee....

Aye Mr. Badger, I'll be seein' th' Cap'n.... be up shortly...

You Have The Deck....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: Jack wanders back to the quarterdeck an implores of the Quartermaster...::

Sir, My leg seems in want of attention, as it has for the past four days, sir. May I seek the Surgeons ministries, sir?

:: Jack totters, and collapses on the deck ::

:: Jack totters, and collapses on the deck ::

Oh Lardy...

Come on Lad....

:: The QM helps the Master at Arms up... helps him below... they get to the Surgeons Ward ::

Aye Ms. Fitzgerald.... Th' Master 't Arms is in need o' yer administerin's an' I's come ta see 'r Cap'n....

:: helps Jack to sit... heads over to the place where the captain lay ::

Ah, Cap'n.... Tis goode ta see ye lively again.... I believe I has all under control.... We's two mile off th' coast, hangin' on th' hook, bare poles.... I's been 'avin' speaks wi' th' crew as to wot 'appened... Ah... mayhaps this c'n wait til ye be back ta yer quarters... til then, th' ships in goode hands.... nay ye worry...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

::Looking slightly startled the QM pauses, then reacts ::

Aye Aye Sir!

::knuckles forehead, turns and heads to the Armoury, grabs a set of irons, and two ships pistols, loads them, then heads on deck, swiftly climbs the stair to the quarterdeck....::

Mr Badger, Here, take these pistols an' follow me...

:: with a purpose of step, he heads over to where the Master Gunner is cleaning a cannon... Draws his Dragoon pistol, cocks it and aims it at the M. Gunner...::

Mr, Youngblood!!! I have been ordered to have you clapped in irons by th' Cap'n... you will come peaceably... Mr. Badger, if you will be so kind as to put these on Mr. Youngblood...

:: the QM hands the irons to the Bo'sun, who closes on Mr. Youngblood, shackling his hands ::

Thankee Mr. Badger.... Take 'im to the powder magazine an' lock 'im there... But first....

:: The QM shifts the Dragoon pistol to his left hand, reaches out and searches Mr. Youngbloods person, finding his pipe, flint, steel and tinder, he takes it, then, removes all metal objests from his person...::

There, now ye may take 'im...

Again, be quick about it! I 'ave further business wi' th' Cap'n......

:: waiting untill the Bo'sun has taken Mr. Youngblood below, the QM regains the quarterdeck...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: Jacks eyes open for a moment, and he speaks in heavy breaths ::

You scabrous dogs! Ye'll ne'er take the Fortunato away from me! It's mine! I'll die... before... ye...

:: and conciousness slips from him, to be swallowed by dreams and madness ::

''The magazine sah??......he'd be better orf tied t' the izzen sah.......naught a place I would imprison anybody sah!!......but, by yer order sah!!''.... .....(looks confused as t' the order....but leads mr. youngblood on)......''wot 'ave ye done lad?........naught shootin' straight ain't a crime in my book''...(chuckles).....''walk on sah......an' bear ye I'll blast ye ifin ye try's anyfin!!''....

Piratesig1.jpg

*With a shocked experssion, that slowly turns into smile. He dosn't make a fuss and lets himself be detained and lead away.*

Oh now what I do, this isn't about that misunderstanding in da rigging is it, I swears I didn know da Capn wan us ta loose da sails. Ah, now I gots ta surrender me pipe as well.

*Laughs at badgers joke.*

Thas not funny.

Petee-2.jpg

:: once the Bo'sun returns from doing his duty, Mr. Lasseter, gives him command of the deck and heads back to the Ward, upon entering he sees both the captain and the Master at Arms asleep...::

"Shhh... Mr. Lasseter... I have the Captain at his rest... he's had too much exersion this day... and Jack, he's passed out... had some odd mumblings..."

::The Surgeon tells him::

::Mr. Lasseter sighs, then nods to the Surgeon, giving her a yearning look, then smiles...::

Aye, I shall be on deck should any need arise... I'll chaeck back when time allows...

:: He nods to her, and to Armand, still bearing his Dragoon Pistol and fine Sword... back up to the quarterdeck he goes, his watchful eyes on the ship and crew...::

Thankee Mr. Badger... I'll see you at 7 'r 8 bells.... ye may go below....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Spending more time than due it's accord and whilst thinkin back and how the whole tankard of ale got spilled and I am sure I did tell the mens to get their sittin duck arses out of the (riggin) within moments of the eventual line of fire! See here's the tricky part where the captain isn't relying on real time but elapsed time and the difference between the order up into the rigging without explanation to gawk at the sea falsities in our midst and the eventual orders to make sail and weigh anchor was after all was said and done a returned in safe order atween the sighting of movment in the jungle and the appearance of the Quartermaster one maybe two long moments but nay be either atween the time when balls be firing by and the captain bein hit! Orders to hit the riggin was what they was. I am a treasonous pirate and deserve the gang plank i does.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: Jack throws his limbs about in his fever, remembering things best left forgotten... "No! No, damn and forsake you! The Fotunato is mine! I'll kill every last one of ye dirty louts, barehanded if I must!! You're... you're leaving me... Please, don't! Don't do this filthy work, damn your souls! I am lost, and I know not where I may land. Damn you! Damn you all to Hell...." ::

:: His exhortations become a whisper, and he falls deeper into his fever...

Charge of emotional whirlwind hung with a unseen density about the Ward. The act of verbal chess that had transpired left the Surgeon feeling drained, not unlike the weariness that came upon one after a steel bout where life and death called the ante up. "Tired...so tired", where the words that wandered the corridors of mind as she looked upon the two men placed in her charge. These were the times that tried the soul, but it was not the first of such incidents in her years...Nor she doubted, would it be the last. Attention wandered to the smallish brown bottle of Laudanum resting upon near desk surface, six drops would set nerves to rest... but, she concluded, this was not the time for such notion. Forcing attention away, she caught Armand's expression of silent concern from the doorframe.

"All will be well...." Tempest said, more to convince herself than her compainion, and moved to the Master at Arms' side. Knowledged observation told her more than she wanted to give reality. A scent mixture of fevered sweat and infection clung to Mister Samson with greedy desire. Unconscience rant rang the solem bearing of the room as she looked upon the contort of demons letting themselves be known by word and facial expression. Rousing from their resting place, the Surgeon laid to view the instruments of destruction and salvation upon the table which had given support to their weight in the near past. After a quick mental inventory was placed, she turned to catch the Gascon's attention.

" I require boiled water from the Galley, a pouch of salt...and the bottle of Dominican Rum from my stores, s'il vous plait...And please inform Mister Lasseter that none shall have free access to the Ward, aside from himself, without given permission. I cannot have the disruption of gawkers occuring while these men are under my care."

Deep green of visual content surveyed the ravaged flesh of the Master at Arms' leg...If the Fates were feeling generous twice in such a small increment of time, the leg would be saved. The weep of wound was of a color not promising, she knew of limbs lost to lesser tincture. With practiced movement, the straps were placed and tightened in former post around the large frame of sea honed muscle...a forced slip by sudden movement would not fair well.

The Surgeon stepped back a pace, a deep intake and release of breath, the calm of mind returned and the outside world feel away, as many times before. The requested items appeared and Armand slipped back to former placement in silence. A wry hint of smile played over fullness of lip, as sight roved the menagerie of steel and settled on what she sought, her whisper called summons and query to dull glint of German origin...

"No rest for the wicked, mes amies...Shall we dance?"

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

(the keys rattle in the door).....''stop yer bellyachin'!!.....said i'd bring ye some.....here''...(throws down some fruit an' bread........slams down the pitcher of water).......''.don't rightly know whats occurin' of this here ship....but I'd be a might more quiet father....the Capn' I've heard is naught well.......now eat an' pray father''....(turns and leaves....lockin' door an' smartenin' up the guard)

Piratesig1.jpg

21 June, 1704

7 bells, afternoon watch 1530

::As the bells rang out the time, the QM headed back up on the deck... He walked through the ranks of the crew, inspecting the ship, the main guns, the swivels... instructing the crew to clean where needed, to secure what wasn't and so on... He then headed up to the fighting tops on each mast, inspecting the lines, and the sails... hearing reports from the lookouts of anything on the horizon... He finally made his way to the quarterdeck, put both hands on the taffrail...::

Ye be a goodly crew... Th' Cap'n'll be in fightin' shape soon enough... Dunno wot scuttlebutt ye been tossin' about... Hear me... all is well with this ship... a few knots in th' line... but nay ta cause grumblin's... Once our Cap'n is able, we be headin' fer fortunes unknown! Let 'r enemies beware!

Huzzah!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif