Pyrates of the West Coast

:: The barge takes up position near the original anchorage of the Watch Dog, and Jack begins scanning the shore with his glass ::

Steady, now, lads. Hold us right here. Marksmen, keep a sharp eye, and make any reports quietly. Hopeful Mr. Lasseter and party are in a position to hear and respond to our call...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--in the woods--

::Dorian and Armand, seeing safe haven in the forrest, hunker down out of sight to rest and to weigh options...::

Lessee... tha' cannon fire we heard.... been about half 'r three quarter o' an hour ago... ships even under full sail can't be more'n two leagues away... up 'r down th' coast.... 'r out ta sea... Mayhaps we should head back ta th' Kate... mayhap we got outta there just in time, iffn th' whole area was raided...

:; he looks at Armand ::

Ye got any ideas, La-- Armand?

::Armand closes his eyes, his thoughts to the past, 'on the run again' he thinks::

Oui, Dorian... I know the way to the Chateau that Tempest and I went... I have some Livres, some coin enough to get some horses, we may travel swiftly... No?

::Dorian purses his lips and nods... ::

Aye, tha's not a bad plan...not a'tall.... Heh, can't wait ta get back on a 'orse, eh, Lad?

:: he nods again ::

Tha' may be our safest plan... per'aps we c'n find out what may 'ave 'appened through yer friends there? Well, we best be ---

:: his words are cut short by the report of a single cannon, close by. they almost dive to the ground at the sound.::

Tha's close! I wonder... stay put, I be right back...

::Armand nods as Dorian steps to the base of a large tree::

Ah, hang on ta these, will ye?

:: He hands over the parcel of swords and his Dragoon pistol, then rubs his hands together, grabs hold of the tree trunk and starts to hoist himself up...

Slowly he climbs higher and higher, up to near the top he wraps his left arm around the trunk, fishes in his pocket and pulls out his glass, shakes it open and puts it to his eye::

Armand! I sees th' "Dog"! She looks a wee battle worn... I sees the Bo'sun on deck... an' th' Master gunner... where's Cap'n? Looks like Mad_Jack's comin' ta shore wi' a landin' party...

:: he looks down at Armand ::

Ye think tis safe?

:;Armand looks up at Dorian, opens his mouth and shrugs::

"Possible?"

::Dorian, collapses his glass, shoves it into his pocket and swings about, sliding down the tree to the ground::

Looks safe enough fer the two o' us, armed as we are... we'll go carefully.... give me th' parcel, and me one pistol, ye 'hang on ta th' other an' th' sword.... Ye may need 'em...

::they cautiously make their way towards the cove...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

(comin back up onto the main deck I seas Ciaran still in the basket and yells up to him) Ciaran the captain is sleeping and looking pretty darn good in fact. Why don't you come daown get some rest and I'll sits a spell in there! So we trade places and I make notice of a woman on our old loading dock I do not recognize her (cupping me hands to yell below) Badger sir! I sees a woman on our old dock in the cay sir! I hopes no I'm sure Mad_ Jack sees her!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

...scrambling through the brush to the shore with me crewmates - the commotion causes the lot of us ta scurry ta finds our way back. Does the Watch Dog need defendin? What could have happened in such a short time - we were only ashore for what seemed like minutes. Following Dorian, Armand and Mr Hawks, I looks behind ta see that no one else is followin' :ph34r:

"I appreciates it Rummy. Did ya appen ta sees anyone bout the area yerself? Let us be going in e're and discuss that folded parer ya had shown me in more detail once things seem a bit more quiet."

Shoots anything that moves!!

(Ciaran smiles as he climbs down and heads below for jes a bit of rest)

With all the activity going on, what's the first thing me dandy bucko Diego sees through the glass? A lone woman on the dock. LOL.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

--just inland of the beach--

::Dorian and Armand cautiously make their way towards the beach, seeing through the brush that the 'Samson' is half way to shore, suddenly there is the sound of people crashing through the underbrush... they hold back, waiting for whoever it is to get closer..... Dorian eases the ships pistol out of his belt, setting his thumb on the cock... ::

Shhhhh....

:: much to their relief, it is the Carpenter with the blacksmith, Mr. Hawks in tow... they stand up out of the brush ::

Aye, there ye be!!!! Sumpin' 'appened whilst we was off in town! Looks a be as if 'r ship were in battle....

:: They all make their way out of the bushes, to the edge of the beach, watching the barge come closer ::

Aye, Armand.... lets not ferget th' dingy.... it still be o'er where we left it...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

:: The barge pulls alongside the dock. Jack is beaming that everyone is healthy, but he's insistent and nervous about hanging around too long ::

No lines, mates! Two of you; grab the pilings and hold us fast. You, and you; help everyone in! Marksmen, watch to the left and right on the shoreline. Everyone, hurry!

:: Jack takes the parchment and tucks it into his coat without looking at it. He thinks it odd that anyone but a member of the local constablulary would know he had been in town, but dimisses the idea in light of the present emergency ::

Thank you, miss. Now please, find a place in the rear of the boat, and stay low. There's danger out there, and you know our location and numbers, so you'll be coming with us. Was anyone that you do not know following you?

(eye stuck to me glass I see something passed to Jack and the unknown lady making her way on the bardge. Rummy is on,Hawks, Armand and Dorian last but all on plus one and accounted for! (I cups me hands and shouts below) make ready for assist pon bardge return.

Bringin me brings 'em near back up I set my weathered eye on the cover past the bardge that could hide a force of any size and watch, and watch and watch.....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

A snail, you say? Then, miss, if he be carrying a musket, we'll be dining on escargot tonight.

:: Jack spies Dorian and the doctor's man coming toward the barge ::

Mister Lasseter! Hurry! You're needed aboard now, sir! So with all due respect, Quatermaster, please shift yer arse!

Mister Lasseter! Hurry! You're needed aboard now, sir! So with all due respect, Quatermaster, please shift yer arse!

:: Armand gets into the barge, turns and takes the parcel from the QM, then the QM climbs aboard ::

Shift my arse... You c'n shift yer asre as well!

Ye be plannin' a quick run off? Well, not wi'out gettin' o'er there an' retrievin' th' dingy ye don't!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye! I am about a goodly seventy some plus paces above the galley but I clearly hears whats I believes is the voice of Christine comin up through the open doors. (nice tune I says aloud to meself she's in a goodly mood today! Yar better than you I hear this innervoice say. Better than me i say back i dare not believe that atoll.) realizing that talking to yourself is witchcraft I shuts up promptly and rememberes the singing. Well I thinks to meself shes in a goodly mood today! and I catch myself and find the bardge and checks it out...

I thought you'd quicken your pace if you were of a mind to throttle me! Good to see you, sir.

:: Jack smiles at the Quatermaster, and hands him and the Doctor's man each a musket ::

And good to have a steady shot on board, as well. You, Armand, is it? Are you familiar with a musket?

:: Armand checks the weapon, makes a quick adjustment to the flint, and resets the lock and frizzen. "Oiu, monsieur." ::

Well, then... good! Please, the two of you join our 6 marksmen to suppress any threat from shore. We've got a dinghy to retrieve!

Marskmen! Eyes on the shore. All our friends are with us now. Oarsmen! Make for the dinghy!

AYe...

Now would ye be so kind as ta tell me what in BLUE BLOODY BLAZES has been goin' on whilst I was ashore?!?!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: Jack leans close to Mr. Lasseter ::

Sir, the Dog was attacked by some unholy ship, and the Captain was hit. The good Doctor is tending to us, and I don't mind telling you she's furious with the lot of us. Hawks and two men can take the dinghy, but you need to be back on the ship straight away.

Mother of.....!!!

BELAY casting off! You and you! Off ye go an' bring th' dingy ta th' ship.... there ain't noone ashore near by!

Th' rest o' you men, PULL FER YER LIVES TO TH' SHIP NOW!!!!!

::turns to Jack::

Attacked.... here in th' cove.... Cap'n William hit....

A'right.... tell me wot ye know... full details....

::the QM stares Jack straight in the eyes, his hazel eyes turn black as coal::

And if the Surgeon be furious, there be a damned goode reason fer it... ye best tell me why...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

As best as I can remember, sir... We'd spotted a merchantman riding just outside the cove, and she was set upon by a ship on the Account, the Dark Lament. I'd never heard of her, but she's a damned ship, if I draw a breath. She seemed to exchange fire with the merchantman, but it was a ruse. She came upon us hard, she did, and brought a hail of musket and shot with her. I saw the Captain fall, and a shot blew threw a barrel on deck near me near the same time. I was out cold for I don't know how long. All I do know is the ship's largely undamaged, and the Captain was the only serious casualty.

:: Jack's expression becomes far away and haunted ::

I swear I've never seen a ship like that one before - like she was driven by stinking winds straight out of Hell itself...

::The QM closes his eyes, takes a deep breath and very slowly lets it out.... then opens his eyes, no longer black...::

Very... well....

PULL YA BASTARDS! PULL AS IF YER LIVES DEPENDED ON IT!!! FER THEY MAY!!!

As soon as we be back ta th' ship... YOU WILL have the Bo'sun loose th' sails and we shall head two mile out from shore... drop anchor and dowse all visible lights.... I'll be seein' th' Cap'n an' Surgeon.... Armand, yer ta stand as guard on th' ward... I'll be on deck as soon as I's able... 'ave Mr. Youngblood load th' guns, double charge n' shot, just ta be ready fer wot may come... And NO ONE SHALL ACT WITHOUT MY DIRECT ORDERS... Not a word, not a peep...

Does ye understand?

:: not waiting for a response::

I knew ye would...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif