Pyrates of the West Coast

:: scans the shallows and shoreline with a glass near where the Monsignor has gone to wash, keeping a weather eye for the unexpected and uninvited. He notices the relative silence of the ship as the crew takes in the scolding delivered by the Captain. Jack thinks to himself, "Well, well, well. There's more to that tongue-lashing than meets the eye. I wonder what it is that's put the Captain in such a fine mood today?" ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:: scans the shallows and shoreline with a glass near where the Monsignor has gone to wash, keeping a weather eye for the unexpected and uninvited ::

Good afternoon Jack *a voice comes from behind, he turns with a start an sees that her long hair I was on my way to see the captain's stewart and give him his shirt, Simon walk up from beind*

Better hurry miss the Captain be in a fowl mood and don't like to be kept watin* he eyes Jack and walk on

He's right ya know, better hurry *waves bye as he for a moment watches her leave*

Edited by Kendra The Sea Maid

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Mister Lasseter. You have the deck."

William goes below.

Aye, aye Cap'n

:: As the Captain retreats to his quarters and work space, the QM looks around the ship, seeing sulking faces, and hooded eyes ::

Tha's right lads... this not be no pleasure yacht.... Soon we be goin' out inta th' deep blue... a'ter many o' prize.... iffn' ye don' listen an' follow orders... on'y prize ye gonna get is tha' ye'll meet yer maker quick like!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: Jack watches Kendra walk away, oblivious to the daggers Simon is staring at him. His mouth works soundlessly as he tries to grasp what just happened: she seems of merry spirits, off to return the Captain's?) shirt. And Simon did not seem to be winded from tearing anyone apart. Jack's face is the epitome of puzzlement as he slowly returns to his watch over the Monsignor's party. No, she must have been repairing it, but I've never seen him in rough clothes... ::

:: the crew sullenly finds themself back at their duties..... an unhappy calm comes over the ship. The QM, frustrated at this, crosses his arms and paces the Quarterdeck, fore and aft...::

Bloody... tis a pity, but twas necessary.... how ta lighten th' mood...

::he stops and stretches his arms above his head. as he does he notices an odor::

*sniff* Whew.... lardy... mayhaps I should have a bath.... Ahhh... that be th' thing....

:: he walks to the taffrail ::

A'RIGHT LADS!!! LISTEN UP! I NEEDS FOUR O' YE TA RIG TH' MAIN PUMP! RUN TH' HOSE O'ER TH' SIDE THERE! AN' SET TH' HOSE PIPE THERE, FOR'ARD O' TH' HOLD! QUICKLY NOW LADS!

:: As the crew hasten to folow the orders, some with a questioning look on their faces, the QM makes his way below to his quarters, gathers up a fresh set of clothes, and strips to just his breeches... keeping his knife and pistol on his belt, he makes his way forward to just forward of the hatch to the hold... he then lays his pistol and belt with knife on top of the hatch...::

Aright lads, You, an' you, start pumpin'.... you an' you, take up th' hose pipe.... aim it o'er here....

:: with these orders given, he drops his breeches to the deck and steps into open space ::

Aye lads... hose me down! Aye! Ahhh!!! tis cold.!

:: he washes himself down thoroughly, the sting of the cool seawater quite refreshing ::

Avast pumpin' lads!

Aye... Now.... iffn ye all wants a bath... a time c'n be set up ta do wot I jest 'ad done... ye come an' sees me... I'll get permission fer ye...

Now, stow th' hoses n' gear... Back ta yer duties!

:: The QM dries himself lightly, dresses in his fresh garments and takes the Quarterdeck::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Well done quartermaster and I would, errghh, should like to volunteer sir. That is to hold the hose sir fer ergh well, the cook, carpenter, surgeon and well yes. Forgive me but I must say it and just let it all out sir. Yes, everyone of the lasses that wilst allow such a thing. Is thar a list starting fer the likes of which I might enlist then?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: looking to the Monsignor ::

Ah, nay Diego.... not as of yet... *chuckles*

::looks and sees Mad_Jack :::

Aye Jack... Am I to believe tha' th' Samson be finished proper?

If so, I'll have ye do several boat lowerin' drills... I'd like ta see the lads be able ta ready th' barge an' longboat - when it be finished - in a very quick n' proper fashion...

Ye 'ave yer orders...

::nods to Jack::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, sir. Right away.

:: Jack collapses the glass and stows it in the instrument cabinet. He turns and briefly scans the deck to see which of the barge crew are present, and if they overheard Mr. Lasseter and are anticipating the order. His eyes narrow, and he stifles a smile ::

Barge crew!! To your stations! Prepare to make ready the barge!

:: Jack steps back and gives the men plenty of room to strip the tarpaulin from the barge, check the number of oars, ensure that all necessary supplies are in place, and that the block and tackle are hooked securely. Satisfied that enough time has elapsed for them to be ready, he steps forward to inspect their work ::

Stand to! Let us see what we have...

:: He checks the supplies and fixment of the lines. He spies one of the boatmen looking especially worried, and Jack gives him a short, approving nod ::

That will do for now. Not a bad first effort, and your time will improve given practice. And practice you shall have. Ready on the lines! And... HEAVE!!

:: The barge swings up and outward, and clears the rail of the ship ::

Steady, now! Do not let it swing... there! Now, lower away! Faster, but do not drop your line...

:: The boat can be heard to splash softly into the water, and her hull gently bump against that of the ship ::

Tie off your lines, lay hands on your weapons, and over the side with the lot of ye! Step quickly! This is not the tender to your Aunt Hilda's pleasure yacht!

:: The dozen men pile into the barge like so many dizzy spiders ::

Cast off! Make to 50 yards off the stern, come about, and you'll bring the barge back aboard. Off with ye!!

:: Every man on the barge has been struck by an arm, leg, oar, or musket by now. They finally get the lines cast off, and begin rowing ::

Gentlemen!! Try rowing together, as you've done before... And you may wish to head... :: points to his left :: ... that way?

:: Jack turns back to Mr. Lasseter and stifles a laugh ::

At least no one has gotten shot or drowned, yet...

At least no one has gotten shot or drowned, yet...

Aye, Jack...... Yet......

::the QM scrunches up his face, as he watches the semi disaray of the barge crew:::

Aye.... Yet....

Keep at it... til they get it right.... then do it again... Cap'n wants things ta be done well.... 'specially it be yer barge tha' would ferry 'im about...

Carry on, Lad....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, sir. They were much better during the ferrying of the guns, but then they didn't have much time to think about things. Jump in and do it, bootheels and elbows, eh? They'll find their rhythm. They've certainly earned themselves a generous number of practice runs. :)

:: Jack checks the state of the barge, and sees them holding station 50 yards off the stern. He grabs a speaking trumpet ::

Well done, lads! Now, would you mind terribly returning to the ship as I originally asked?

:: He watches them briskly row back to the ship, and slowly shakes his head ::

Enthusiastic, yes, but they could not find a cup of water if you dropped them in a lake...

:: He watches them briskly row back to the ship, and slowly shakes his head ::

Enthusiastic, yes, but they could not find a cup of water if you dropped them in a lake...

Aye...

Well.... mayhaps iffn' ye join 'em... take th' tiller an' do th' thinkin' aboard....

Take th' helm o' yer boat.... be their cap'n, as it were.....

*smiles at Jack*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, that be the plan. I didn't wish to scare the hell out of them, nor get accidentally clubbed to death, on the first go. Now that the idea that they just might need me aboard is entering their heads, I'll be with them throughout. :)

Very well...

I wonder 'ow th' rest o' th' repairs ta th' St. Kitt might be goin'...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*After all the inspections have been made. on the guns, shot locker and magazines. He walks down to where his hammock used to hang.*

Bloody ell, forgot ta stow I did, blast they done hid it. Oh well me sea chest still be in propar order.

*Opens the chest and pulls out a small cask of ale, fills it up and makes his way up to the fore castle, where he lights his pipe and sipes his ale.*

Ahh thas good.

Petee-2.jpg

Aye Quarter master( as I walks up and I put me hand upon his shoulder) "ye knows I were jes kiddin ? right? by the by... Has the barrels been filled with the sweet water from the stream we found over where Ciaran saved me life? There are new barrels for just this task of clean and sweet water reserves It has been accomplished? Ciaran led the party back to find the stream right? (all interest on the Sampson drills is the Quartermaster so, I get the feeling maybe I should find a place less busy and think of the Galley to answer me callings to a suppertime destiny! Turning upon me departure) "Dorian I'll be in the galley" Anon

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

The young Frenchman sat casually upon the heavy trunk of personal possesion. The debate of its content nagged at him when ever he allowed it to and over the course of days, Armand had come to the conclusion that perhaps he should give in to what was only right. Leaving the Ward and gaining the upper deck he observed the usual scurry of here and there by the other occupants of the Frigate before finding the one individual that he sought.

Spying the Quartermaster towards the stern, Armand proceeded to where the officer stood and waited patiently to be aknowledged....

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: The QM watched the drilling of the barge crew intently... ::

Better..... aye, much so th'n last time...

:: His revier broken by the sound of the goode padre's voice...::

Oh, Sorry Diego... where ye goin'?

Water... nay, since ye been put down by th' serpent, not a soul was allowed ta venture back.... tho, I thinks we shoud soon... at th' Cap'n's word.......

::Armand, the servant of the Surgeon stands to the side, looking as if he wishes to speak::

Aye, lad? Ye be needin' somat?

Speak up then... *smiles a pleasant smile*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Armand leans close, the diction of his English rings clear, but is kept to secretive tone.

"There is something that I wish to put into your keeping, but do not wish it to be exposed to the general population here. If you would please follow me to the Ward."

He stands back to former posture and waits.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"There is something that I wish to put into your keeping, but do not wish it to be exposed to the general population here. If you would please follow me to the Ward."

:: the QM's eyebrows go up...::

Hmmm... very well... A moment tho...

::looks about to see who he might leave in charge of the deck until he returns....::

Lessee, Jack be on th' barge... ah....

Mr Youngblood! Ye 'ave th' deck til I return!!! I've a need ta go below fer a moment...!

A'right Armand... lead on....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"No, Mister Lasseter. I shall have the keeping of the deck for now. Jack is doing a fine job of drilling the barge crew and I wish to see it go on. We may be in need of a good boarding boat crew very soon."

William takes his place beside the coxswain and watches the drilling boat crew on the cove.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Aye,aye Cap'n!!!

::knuckles forehead as he passes to got below, following Armand::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The Frenchman gives a nod then leads back to the Ward and the chest, where he pauses for a moment, seeming to dilema over some unmentioned thought then retrieves a set of keys suspended around his neck to release the heavy lock securing the chest's lid.

The upper reach of the inner depths reveal a pair of high leather boots, polished to perfect black sheen and rivaled in shine only by the finely wrought spurs of filigreed silver detail at each heel. Placing the boots to the side, a Dragoon officer's coat of deepened crimson, white and blue is taken out and laid with care over the chest's heavy lid to reveal the elegant sweep of sabre. Armand lifts the blade with reverance from its hidden bed, the Ward's dim light fires the inlay of rubies, saphires and diamonds which crown the pommel to depict a Fleur de Lis.

The Frenchman breaks his focus from the blade and looks steadily at the Quartermaster.

"Not everything is what it may appear to be on the outside....And perhaps a day will come when I can tell you why these things are in my possesion,but... it was another lifetime and today is not for those tales to be told."

A fleet of smile shows.

" You will be so kind to place this in a very secure place and out of general sight? I have no real desire to hand this over, but it is out of respect for regulations that I do so."