Pyrates of the West Coast

*Jim is moved by the offer, but tries to hide the thrill of having a ship in his hands again.*

"Aye, sir, 'twould be me honor. Been a long time gone since I felt the life o' a ship in me 'ands. 'Tis like guidin' the wings o' a great bird, it is..."

*Jim's voice trails off and the look in his eyes grows distant.*

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Jim is moved by the offer, but tries to hide the thrill of having a ship in his hands again.*

"Aye, sir, 'twould be me honor. Been a long time gone since I felt the life o' a ship in me 'ands. 'Tis like guidin' the wings o' a great bird, it is..."

*Jim's voice trails off and the look in his eyes grows distant.*

William cannot hide the smile that crosses his face as he watches Mister Warren's mind wander.

"Mister Warren? Mister...Warren...?"

William waits for Mister Warren to return and when he does he goes up with him to the helm. There he stands opposite Mister Warren at the wheel as Mister Warren tests the feel of the wheel-housing and the pull of the tiller ropes and rudder underneath the ship.

"Don't worry, Mister Warren. We'll have her out soon. Excuse me."

William goes out onto the deck to survey an anxious Master Gunner and his crew. He walks down to the gun deck, hands behind his back.

"Mister Youngblood. Those barrels there, three points off the Larboard bow. I do believe they're endangering this ship. What say you?"

William waits only a moment. "MISTER BADGER! WE SHALL BE TO QUARTERS!"

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Johnson overhears the Captain's comment to the Master Gunner as he is polishing "Yer Maker", Johnson's beauty of a murder gun. Looking to Petee with an eagerness in his eye, Johnson bellows. " Master Gunner Petee, sir, ye think I could make fodder o' those barrels with me baby ?. I bet with the right an proper load, "Yer Maker" would make toothpicks outta' 'em ".

(Ciaran arises early and checks on the sleepin Diego. The Monsignor's fever has broken!

Ciaran knows that he cannot and should not remain away from his duties anymore, so quietly dresses and goes up onto the deck. Stretches in the mornin sunlight and gives thanks for Diego's healing. Ciaran then pulls out his spyglass and begins scanning the horizon.)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Somewhere above the planked ceilling the ship's bell tolled to call the change of watch. Buried under a light cover and lulled to the gentle sway of hammock, the Surgeon mused groggily over recent event.

The night had been a rotating scene of catnap and rousing to ensure the Monsignor's constitution through the hours of darkness. She reflected on the kindness and determination presented by Ciaran, for no manner of encouragement could sway him from Diegos' side, though it was obvious that exhaustion was taking it's toll. She would make recomendations to William in regard to allowing Ciaran's catching up of needed rest. Exhaustion could invite maladies that normally would not be able to gain purchase, a point that could very easily pertain to Armand and herself all considered.

Her thoughts turned to her constant companion. Though he always offered a ready smile and encouraging word while they were in private surround, she knew that he had been pushed and the recent goings on had worn him thin, though Armand would never admit to such weakness. She was well aware that the requirements of Post in his past had entailed rigorous duties often the demands of riding day and night across country in defense of the French Crown. There are injustices that happen to the most innocent and unworthy of such, lies spread over petty jealousies that snuff brilliant standings hard earned. Masquerades created to protect and enigmas placed into play to cover the truths...

The ship was rousing from its silent repose, the tread of footsteps could be heard here and there as the lifeblood and backbone of the Floating Nation rose to the new day's call.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

(lying there in the dark I start to move my finger and my toes and then my legs up to me hips and then I was raising my arms up and felt the pain of muscles suffered by neglect. I sat up! Looked around and saw the surgeon was deep in thought, i cleared my throat) Ehem! she turned smiled and immediately rose to cover the short distance to my perch. How long have I been in here? i asked. She immediately started to push me back down and with her hand on my back eased me back into my prone state. Now now she said don't you fret there and no sitting up for you as yet! though I will be sending for some food for you shortly, Drink this water and lemon peel monsignor. I relaxed thinking of the dreams and how vivid they were and the number of times I saw the same things in them. I turned to face her and asked. Lady I feel as though we had battle I know there were guns afire and heard them well I did were we with safe endeavor?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: Jack stirs from a restless night's sleep. The events of his second journey into town still weigh on him, crowding his mind whenever he begins to relax. It's not the fact that he shot the man in the tavern. He's killed his share of men, when the killing was necessary. No, what bother's Jack the most is the expression of surprise on the would-be-hero's face as Jack's shot burrowed into his chest. Jack muttered to himself... ::

What did he expect, the stupid git? That I would stand there and get shot in the back? Bloody gentry...

:: Jack finishes dressing, and pauses to retrieve the dead man's pistol from it's place among Jack's effects. He regards it for a moment, and tucks it into his belt as he heads topside for some air, and hopefully, home coffee ::

I'll turn this over to Mr. Lasseter for adding to our armoury. I'm not above keeping a trophy, but not one taken off a damned fool...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Handing a tankard to the Monsignor, the knowledgable eye gleened his current state of being. Her guest's palor was of a better nature and there was no evidence of the fevered sheen that had laid over his body in the earlier hours of the night past. Raising one brow to the Monsignor's query,

"Non...rather, no. There has been no battle, simply a calling of hail and a conversation betwixt captains. Nothing that you should worry yourself with. Do you feel a desire to eat?"

The Surgeon moved to the banded chest to retrieve the kit in order to change his bandages. Returning, she took her station upon the small ever present stool.

"I encourage you not to remove yourself from this cot, as of yet. Perhaps later in this day, we shall take you above to rest in an elbow chair...I do believe that a breath of fresh air and company would do well for your constitution."

The Surgeon pauses in the romoval of cloth from around his arm to glance over the rim of spectacle frame.

"Mind you, sir...if taken above, you will stay put and relax. It would come of no good for you to be tempted to leave the chair's support in order to do a hornpipe jig..."

Her expression shows a hint of amusement as the bandages give free from their hold. Careful inspection reveals the site's swelling in retreat and the angry coloration lessened in hue. The sound of light step from behind redirects her attention to the door.

"Bonjour Armand! Comment allez-vous? Epuise'?"

He smiles, "Oui. Cela m'est egal, mademoiselle."

Placing the tray of coffee and soup on the desk, he looks to where the Monsignor lies and is pleased to see him of better manner then last seen.

"Cafe', mademoiselle?"

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

I am with hunger is broth all that I am to see though? for I am with great desire to chew and taste fruit and cheese and pork and eggs and and and. I could just go on I need to get up and at this day. How long have I been here and what is this wound you are treating on my arm? Why am I here? Where Is Ciaran? He saved my life didn't he? He wouldn't answer me when I asked but I remember a fight in the glades. (thought takes shape and I see it) a snake (i blurt out) I remember. Its a snake bite isn't it? Did we get the water back for testing? was it good water? Where is Ciaran?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*strolls across the deck towards the medical room, the small sack usually filled with parchment, and letters bulging at it's seams. Taps on the door gently, and pokes head in door* Oh, morning Doctor, I just came to see the Father *tempset nods and continues to focus on her work at her desk, as the cabin boy crosses to Diego's cot.* Here(whispered), I brought ye some food, just don't let the Doc see. *hands him some provisions from the galley with an impish grin*

Pausing mid-sip of the newly poured cup, The Surgeon placed it near on the flooring. A look of skeptisism crosses her expression briefly before answering.

"My goodness, sir...We are chatty and full of question with the break of this day! I will answer in turn, only if you calm yourself. It is not wise to stir yourself so, mind...The incident in question ocured a fortnight ago. Yes, it is a certain debt of gratitude you owe to Ciaran for hasty dispatch of your inert form back to the ship. He never left your side out of deep concern. It was a species of Tree Viper indigenous to the area that laid its displeasure upon you and you are very fortunate that it was not another species that lent you its tender kiss."

"I was informed that a local doctor was brought here with haste by Mad Jack in my absence. Captain Wake was to your imediate need before calling in the local. These actions more than likely saved your life, Monsignor for I did not arrive back to these deck's until yesterday and Armand was with me. We were unable to attend you until that time."

"I shall attend your progress, if all is well...perhaps something of a more solid substance can be allowed for your evening meal. To ease your mind, I have been informed that the water procured was of sweetest quality. In regard to the where abouts of Ciaran...of that I cannot be sure. I should hope that he is resting, it has been a very long haul for him and when last seen, he was in the nearing state of exhaustion."

*strolls across the deck towards the medical room, the small sack usually filled with parchment, and letters bulging at it's seams. Taps on the door gently, and pokes head in door* Oh, morning Doctor, I just came to see the Father *tempset nods and continues to focus on her work at her desk, as the cabin boy crosses to Diego's cot.* Here(whispered), I brought ye some food, just don't let the Doc see. *hands him some provisions from the galley with an impish grin*

(quickly I hide the wrapped package under me bed clothes and with a wink of most admirable thanks I say aloud) God Bless ye child! As the cabin boy makes retreat the surgeon begins speaking.

::in his cabin, the QM hears much of the goings on of the day... the crew working the lines, finishing up with reroving all of the rigging, among other duties... He finishes making notations in the logbook, stands refreshes himself, dresses and finds his way out past the sick ward, he looks in seeing the now animated form of the Monsignor and the Surgeon.... He smiles, glad that all appears to be on the mend. He makes his way to the galley, finds some vittles with which to dine, then heads topside ::

Mornin' Lads.... I sees ye be doin' goodly work 'ere...

Mad_Jack, 'ow goes th' work on Samson? Th' carpenters mates finish up an' start on th' St. Kitt? Aye tha' be th' Longboat...

::He looks about, up and down, starboard to larboard, stem to stern...::

Aye Lads!!! Keep this up at th' rate ye be goin' an' we be weighin' out on th' morrow!!!

:: a grin lights up his face ::

*whispers* Soon... aye... soon we be away from land.... on th' deep blue......

Soon........

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Full aware the act of sneak that has happened, though acting a portrayal of ignorance. The Surgeon contemplates the Oath taken at Trinity,"Do no harm". "No harm" being a subjective term, she makes no indication to what she knows to be a full truth. She will allow the Monsignor and "cabin boy" their little ruse. A ruse that will teach lesson to the disregard of orders perscribed. Glancing to where the Monsignor plays a picture of innocence, she inwardly smiles. The fact of the matter being that in his general condition caused by the events not long in the past and the very light diet that he has sparingly consumed, the qualities of the heavy food that is stashed will do one thing. The guarentee of racking nausea will hit like a large hammer once the trespass of meal has been consumed.

Standing to regard her guest, a small sly of smile fleets her expression before speaking.

"I assume you may be left to your own accord for a space of time, sir. I am in need of the upper deck and shall return soon enough. you will excuse me."

The Surgeon turns away for the door, pausing just once to show a flash of feral smile then continues on to the companion ladder and the brightness above. The word " touche' " echos her mind's eye....

Pausing mid-sip of the newly poured cup, The Surgeon placed it near on the flooring. A look of skeptisism crosses her expression briefly before answering.

"My goodness, sir...We are chatty and full of question with the break of this day! I will answer in turn, only if you calm yourself. It is not wise to stir yourself so, mind...The incident in question ocured a fortnight ago. Yes, it is a certain debt of gratitude you owe to Ciaran for hasty dispatch of your inert form back to the ship. He never left your side out of deep concern. It was a species of Tree Viper indigenous to the area that laid its displeasure upon you and you are very fortunate that it was not another species that lent you its tender kiss."

"I was informed that a local doctor was brought here with haste by Mad Jack in my absence. Captain Wake was to your imediate need before calling in the local. These actions more than likely saved your life, Monsignor for I did not arrive back to these deck's until yesterday and Armand was with me. We were unable to attend you until that time."

"I shall attend your progress, if all is well...perhaps something of a more solid substance can be allowed for your evening meal. To ease your mind, I have been informed that the water procured was of sweetest quality. In regard to the where abouts of Ciaran...of that I cannot be sure. I should hope that he is resting, it has been a very long haul for him and when last seen, he was in the nearing state of exhaustion."

Aye Tempest I says the captain and some doctor from town, mad jack and? How long is it then? and what day is this? I am feeling very much ready to endulge the day! First let me pray for those who thought it best to care for my most often sinning ways. (turns my head back to the surgeon watching her as I am in prayer) I finish and says, Tempest might I liken to have some ale then? (I am giggling, as she turns looks at me) and the quartermaster looks in the door I waved and says good morrow sir!. (and then she throws her hands up in dispair) I am in need of fresh air and you are left alone (or something like that All I could think of was the food) (turns her head back to the papers on her desk talking under her breath in French straightening up as she turned and makes a hasty retreat to the uppers decks) So I sneaks out a nice freeshly baked and still warm biscuit and bites into it and it has a slice of ham inside it and slathered in butter! God the tastes are superb! (So i gives this foods blessing) and takes me second bite. (Special prayer of thanks and protection to our goodly cabin boy)

Mad_Jack, 'ow goes th' work on Samson? Th' carpenters mates finish up an' start on th' St. Kitt? Aye tha' be th' Longboat...

Aye, Mr. Lasseter. Repairs are complete, she'll be sporting the fine sails Kendra made shortly. Sir, I want to turn this over to you for inclusion in the ship's general armoury...

:: Jack pulls a pistol from his belt, and hands it, butt first, to the Quartermaster ::

This is the pistol I... obtained while I was in town. Given the circumstances, I'd just as soon not keep it.

*She sat at the larbard side finishing up the last stiches to the Mosingnor's coat , she had Ciaran to bring her to fix some loose stiching, so that the father would look his best when he was finally able to make his first appearence on deck. And eventhough it was the begining of August, he would need it for a while. Because the venom slowed his circulatory system his body would be at a low temperature for awhile. She walks up to Mr. Lasseter, while he speaks with Jack, "Is Monsingnor able to recieve visitors?" *He nods his head and continues his converstion. As she makes her way to sick bay the coat over her arm.

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Aye, Mr. Lasseter. Repairs are complete, she'll be sporting the fine sails Kendra made shortly. Sir, I want to turn this over to you for inclusion in the ship's general armoury...

:: Jack pulls a pistol from his belt, and hands it, butt first, to the Quartermaster ::

This is the pistol I... obtained while I was in town. Given the circumstances, I'd just as soon not keep it.

AH, very goode.... very goode indeed....

::takes pistol that jack offers, looks it over....::

Why tha's a fine pistol..... finer th'n most....

Might I ask wheres ye 'obtained' this?

:: his brow creases ::

Nay, ne'er ye mind... mayhaps I don' want ta know.... tis a fine piece...

Mayhaps I'll give it ta th' Cap'n wi' yer compliments?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

three bites was all I could muster. I had to sit up to reach my broth but downed that on top and then somw water too but I started getting the worst cramps and not that I had any energy to spend I was rapidly losing my ability to ...............................

::Having sprung myself from the town gaol (long story), I hastily make way back the ship to find Kendra's sails being loaded aboard. Lost again, I make haste to find Mr. Lasseter or Pirate Petee. ::

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

AH, very goode.... very goode indeed....

::takes pistol that jack offers, looks it over....::

Why tha's a fine pistol..... finer th'n most....

Might I ask wheres ye 'obtained' this?

:: his brow creases ::

Nay, ne'er ye mind... mayhaps I don' want ta know.... tis a fine piece...

Mayhaps I'll give it ta th' Cap'n wi' yer compliments?

All part of procuring medical expertise for the good Monsignor. The Captain knows the story, sir. And if he wishes to add it to his effects, that's fine by me.

Thankee Jack....

:: the QM tucks the pistol into his belt, eventually to make it to the armoury, or the captain.... as he turns away from Mad_Jack, he sees Mr. PEW bustling his way across the shore, looking in a slight panic as there are no ships boats on shore... ::

Ah, Jack.... might ye send a lad wi' th' dingy an' get Mr. PEW from shore... 'e looks ta be... disturbed...?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: raises his eyebrows at the sight of the frantic Mr. PEW on the shore ::

Aye, sir. Looks like he's had enough of dry land, or those what live there...

:: Jack calls for a boatsman to take the dingy and retrieve Mr. PEW. He gives the young man a serious look... ::

No wasted time, mate. There and back, quick as ye please. And keep a sharp eye.

:: The lad's eyes widen as he acknowledges Jack's advice, and quickly the boat is in the water and heading for the shore ::