Pyrates of the West Coast

Aye aye Captain.

Quartermaster I will be happy to run the ropes and take the basket. Be a right nice place to calm and quiet down.

I can't find Mr. Hawks he must have gone to town to procure all that is needed for his certain to be import repairs. I'll be aloft.

Back at the forge, Mr Hawks works hard forgin the large straps for the masts to replace the salt worn ones that could give way. After hearing of a close call and the ship not being completely ready, he puts a second man to poundin the steel while the third keeps the fire hot on the bellows.

"Lad!!! you over thar. Aye you. Were gonna be needin another man or two sos we can get these finished works back ta the ship and fitted proper fer sailin. Run ta the ship ana ask i'fn thar be anyone free ta come e're an elp me. See if'n Diegos free, if not, get Mr Red ta assign a few. Now, off ya go boy."

The lad runs off while the forgin continues. All but two of the large support straps for the masts are done. The men that come back can take them to the ship in the cart and begin unstrappin the old ones and fastening the new. Hoping that Diego comes back with the lad, he will know how to manage the process with a few other men whil Mr Hawks continues forgin the rest.

"I think that fires hot enough mate, start makin a few new hoop straps for the barrels in the fort here. Captain Wake has requested em. Shouldn't take ya long. Not that complicated. Just remember how I showed ya. When yer done go see the lass ta show ya which ones be needin replacin and take care of it for em."

With Jonathan and a crewman working hard, they should finish soon. They stop here and there for a short rest of food and water sent to them and then its back to work.

Shoots anything that moves!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*in the middle of the night she returns from town, weary and tired, longing for her own bed. As she makes her way on board, the crew members who are on night watch recognize her and nod to her with a smile. She makes her way to her cabin and undresses. Slips into a more comfy night attire and slides under the covers with a sigh......*

:unsure::lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It would be a hard ride of twenty miles over land, a very demanding trek to be made with all haste. By all rights, a journey that would have been far faster with the hire of a local vessel, but that would mean witness of movement. Witness was not what was desired, these things should be managed with care and the idea of relying on an unknown and the aray of possibilities and complication that could call up was not something the Surgeon wished to throw into the mix. The adornments of finery were packed away into one of the leather bags hanging behind the saddles of both horses, deserted for the drab and undistractive travel clothing.

The wide brim of hat shadowed the features of both she and the slender Frenchman who worked with precise attention to final inspection of both animals. She stood near, watching as Armand looked over the condition of each shod hoof, it would be a bad strike of luck to lose a shoe en route. Her mind played over her conversations with the Captain. This undertaking was not something of light nature and she considered the reasoning to involve herself. It was the Surgeon's respect for the red crowned man that allowed the offer to come forth. In her judgement, he was a stern yet fair man, of fine leadership qualities and a sense of compassion. Instinct told her it was a deserving effort, regardless of the difficulties that may be aroused.

Armand rose from his task's completion and gave a nod to assert his approval. The Blue Roan danced in place, a difference of day and night to the placid Bay standing calmly at his side as she placed her right spur harnessed boot in the stirrup and swung over the saddle. The Chateau de la Dore' Soleil seemed a lifetime's journey away she thought as Armand gained the Bay's width. The Roan's ears swiveled backwards as the light pressure was applied to induce motion, the cobbled fortitude's walls rang the echo of shod strike as they moved under the doorway's arch to the open expanse beyond.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

God has not blessed us by offerin up this red sky this morn. As i roll out of me hammock I sees many are already with gleams in their eyes. I see the passion a foot as they all know freedom of the sea is near to. (makin me wy up onto main deck I can smell the galley's fires and coffee makes me turn around and go back down to find that first morning solace. Aye top o the day Christine i see you faired well in town yesterday! I must admit lass the captain has given accord in your absence that nay again should any of the crew make haste away alone. One cup of coffe if you will and I'll be blessing this day on the next bell. (that is in case ye might be wishin ta give witness) On main deck in the clouded attendance of the sun, the sea, and the crew 'twill be. Grammercy and anon. (coffee in hand i makes me way back up to main deck) where I sees Mad Cheryl. These be yer inventories fer the stores then? (turns to find if the quartermaster or the Captain has uncovered this morn as yet)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

(William stands before the work being finished on the mast banding. He runs his hands over the newly hammered iron with a smile, remembering what use he made of a hammer in his youth and in appreciation of Mister Hawks fine work.

He sends for his messenger.)

Take my thanks to Mister Hawks at the forge. He has replaced this tired band with divine prescision and I am grateful. Tell him that he and his crew are free from their duties upon completion of the mast work to restore themselves by food and sleep for as long for they require.

(William goes below.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

:: the work of the last eve has done its job of making the slumber of the QM heavy..... with a slow start he wakes to greet this new day, a stretch and yawn, he brings himself upright, finds the water pitcher nestles on its nitch, pours a basin half full, and freshens himself... halfway through the precess the realization dawns..::

Hmmm... This ol' girl be soon ta sea... most a th' work on 'er be done... still need ta get alla th' guns righted, most 'r there now... An' the boats need attention... M'poor longboat...

::finishing up, he dresses and makes his way on deck..::

AH.... the new dawn brings promise...

Top o' th' mornin' to ye Lads n' Lasseys!!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*She had spent half the night reorgainizing both sewing kits, (one for sail repair)

The other for tailor's work, and now it was time for some coffee. "My poor Simon, no since in both of us not to get rest." *She grabs her walking cane, and make her way over to where a tall long haird blode serves the moring wake up call.

"Thank you m'am" *Christine waits paticently with cup in hand, While Kendra set her sel down on a large rock* "Thank you very much!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

:: Jack slowly sips from his cup of coffee, pausing to enjoy the brew's aroma. He leans upon the ship's rail and regards the ship's barge, the Samson, with a critical eye. She's no worse for wear after the brisk transport of the ship's guns, save a fresh leak near her stern to larboard. He's located the source of the staysail mast's complaints - a hand's-width long crack near it's base. Iron banding should support it until there's time for fashioning a proper replacement. ::

No worries, old girl. Once I know the Captain's timetable, we'll have you running fast and sure again...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

(the bell tolls it's ship time. I bow my head facing the ever increasing morning wind) God in all your glory you have given life to this ship offered a place in history you have. We are most humbled by the magnificance of discovery and safety please bless this ship in that all endeavors be in your name, Amen

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

(the bell tolls it's ship time. I bow my head facing the ever increasing morning wind) God in all your glory you have given life to this ship offered a place in history you have. We are most humbled by the magnificance of discovery and safety please bless this ship in that all endeavors be in your name, Amen

*with head bowed she repeats*

"Amen"

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Now to some o' th' days events....

Pass th' word fer Mr Jim Warren an' Shipwreck John!!!

:: walks over to the other officers, finds the Carpenter..::

Aye Rummy, mornin' to ye...

Now tha' we's got all th' cannon an' such truck aboard... th' Barge, th' Longboat, an' the dingy need much work ta be done.... Please make haste in their repair....

My compliments...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

:: sees Mad_Jack warming his hands around a hot cup of coffee..::

Aye, Jack... See to it tha' th' Carpenter knows yer needs fer the 'Samson'...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The night's passing on to early dawn had been uneventfull outside of the boldness of a single footpad's attempt of procuring an amount of economic transfer hours before. Perhaps a successful venture if attempted on another choice of prey. With Armand's convincing the robber's poor choice, the wretch was sent on, his was bearing a fine display of contusion as payment for his efforts.

On a rise of semi level means, the two riders took their brief moment of rest to ease the ache of muscles having been forced to endure the long night in flight. The valley below was a quintessence of Eden, layered in the guaze of early morning mists, viewed from the uneven plateau. The panorama, to the east, gave view to a gentle rise of lofty height and there, like a jewel in the embrace of golden light, lay their destination.

Leaning against the support of a local conifer, Armand paused in the consumption of day old loaf to observe,

" Je connais vos pensees...un heure."

Without turning from the view to the distance, the Surgeon answered as if thoughts were far away.

" Oui...an hour more, I believe. We will stop at the stream that runs near the base of this ridge and water the horses, than continue to the chateau."

Unconsciously, she reached within the coat's inner pocket to ensure the packet's security before turning to face her companion.

"Time and tide do us grave injustice by not halting their eternal progress in our favor. I dispise the idea of pressing on so soon after the rigors of the night, but... press on we must, mon ami."

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Rolling over in his hammock, he hears the ring of the ships bell, causing him to lift one lazy eyelid and look around. Looking out a gun port, he notices the red sky.* Oh thas no good. Nevermind that gotta get those guns bored.

*Climbing out of his hammock, he stands up and stretches. Before dawning his clothes and gear, he heads up to the main deck. Stopping breifly he looks around and then runs and jumps overboard.* WOO HOOO!! *Splash, begins swimming.*

Petee-2.jpg

:: smiles at Mr. Lasseter's words ::

Aye, sir. We'll have her ship shape and Bristol fashion!

:: finishes his coffee and sets about gathering the barge crew for repair duties ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

*After finishing some chores that she had to do she jumps into the water to get refreshed and clear some of the cobwebs out of her head*

*climbs back on deck feeling refreshed and feeling much better and then goes below deck to get dry clothes *

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

:: with the topmasts, cross trees, yardarms et. all back in place, all rigging rove... the ship is almost fit to sail..::

Fine work, All... Th' Cap'n an' I 'r mighty pleased...

:: Notes the reworking of the barge 'Simson' coming along nicely, all the iron work aboard the ship finished, all the carpentry as well..::

Excellent workmanship...

::as he walks across the deck, inspecting an noting what he finds, a smile playing about his face ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*having finished the errands set for her, she sits down on the beach, watching the Ship sitting off the shore. Takes out a spare piece of parchment, and starts to jot down notes*

"Thank ya kindly, Miss Smith, fer deliverin the message from Red. I'm glad he is happy wit me and me crews work. A least now I feels much better in the stability o the ships manner. Those barrel bands are also done and replaced for Captain Wake. Now, i'fn ya can, Lass, go back ta Red and tell em thanks fer the tyme off fer me and me men. It be well needed. Me skins never been blacker from all the slag. I needs me a good bath ana good meal wit some rum. Then it be off ta bed.

Tell em after we be rested, I needs to be gettin them spare trunion straps fer the various cannons ana mounts fer th' swivels finished fer Mr Lasseter next. Thank ya Miss Smith. Now off ya go sos I can get that bath. Can't stand the smell o meself."

The helpful Lass leaves to deliver the message while Mr Hawks and his men enjoy a good cleanin up, food and rest.

Shoots anything that moves!!

:: HE comes upon Mad_Jack, looking at the mast and sails of the barge, 'Simson'...::

Aye Jack... thems look an aweful mess.... 'ave Kendra see iffn' she c'n mend tha' sheet... an' as fer th' mast, there.... Hmmm.....

::scratches his chin with a look of annoiance...::

Dunno iffn' tha'll last much longer... might 'afta stick ta yer oars fer a bit...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif