Pyrates of the West Coast

Noticin the scuttle of glasses on the "orizen I jump back on to the Dog and climbs up to the leanin highest. Me brings em near to the ready I am too peerin in ernest. (looks down to Rummy) you saw that without glass? well done lass well done! (back to the eyepiece) (talkin outslouds to 'imself) she's full and by, yes indeed making haste into port. sails full wind at 'er back

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Armand's return, the Sugeon left the temporary lodgings to inspect the horses that he had returned with. With an educated touch, she ran her hands over the muscle and sinew of the Blue Roan. A careful eye gleening judgement of the proudly arched neck and occassional dance of hoof.

"Magnifique, mon ami...You were always a good judge of equine flesh. I think this shall offer respectable presentation. Merci beaucoup!"

Voices carrying over the water's surface disrupt her inspection and looking in the direction of the cove's mouth, notice is taken of the ship's now righted stance. Closer observation reveals several member's of the crew intent on some object blocked from her view by the Watch Dog's stern. A restlesness stirs inwardly with the inability to figure what is causing the apparent aggitaion on deck. With a sidelong glance to Armand...

"Please attend to the refreshment of these noble beasts. Judging from the current stance of the ship, I shall need attend to the erand at hand before the turning of this day to the next..."

A crease forms upon the delicate browline as she continues to look towards the sea beyond.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: now finished with the quick orders, he returns to the new faces at the gate...::

*Steps around her large friend and over to the Quater Master. Captain Wake Sent me said you needed a sail maker and tailor aboard my name is Kendra *puts out her hand*

Aye, Lass.... tha' we do...

:: shaked proferd hand ::

Kendra ya say? Well met....

Welcome to th' Watch Dog! stack yer gear in th' ramparts 'ere, we' soon ta start haulin' e'erythin' back aboard soon...

*smiles*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: now finished with the quick orders, he returns to the new faces at the gate...::

*Steps around her large friend and over to the Quater Master. Captain Wake Sent me said you needed a sail maker and tailor aboard my name is Kendra *puts out her hand*

Aye, Lass.... tha' we do...

:: shaked proferd hand ::

Kendra ya say? Well met....

Welcome to th' Watch Dog! stack yer gear in th' ramparts 'ere, we' soon ta start haulin' e'erythin' back aboard soon...

*smiles*

Thanky sir. *Turns to her large friend* Come Simon you heard the man

Aye * she follows close behind watching all around her being ever vigeleant* You know Simon if I didn't know better, I 'd say we really steped into a hornets nest."

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

"All gunners crew meet with the master gunner at the gun emplacements on top of the fortifications for drilling."

*Hauling off toward the fortifications to join in the gun drills, Jim stops to drop his bag, sea chest and most of his weapons at the encampment. He calls out in the seemingly deserted encampment...*

Ahoy, be thar anyone about this 'ere camp?

Up here Jim! Diego we have an approachin ship and a keen eye by all is watchin she ports instead a comin in here! Be right down!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: takes a musket and pistol from the armoury, and goes to the main deck, pointing and barking orders ::

Barge crew, make ready and armed!! You two, get along to the fort, doublequick, and fetch the number seven swivel. You two, power and shot for the gun, and smartly! The rest of ye, prepare to get under way before the next turn of the glass!!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Climbs down the mast and drops to the slanted deck softly slides down the deck to the rail and jumps it landing in the sand of the bar. Jim me ole son good a ya ta return this day. How did and where did ye take rest last night? Sorry me evenings were so put out I wern't here ta greet ye! The Quartermaster is escourting (turns and looks intently) the Sailmaker and Caps up there in the tower a bit hectic it is but lets get you sdied up. Well met (offers hand for a shake) welcomes aboard as well.

*Takes the proffered hand is a firm grip...*

Aye, Diego, I just needs a place ta drop me gear.

*looks out toward the ship...*

I see stirrins' at the barge an' on deck...we best hurry along ta the fortifications...might need a couple o' gun hands...

*Jim drops his gear and coat, keeping only his waistcoat, one pistol and an old broken cutlass he has reshaped into a short main gauche...*

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

(Approachin the gate with Jim ahind talkin about the timber replaced of worm damages and all new caulking and the careenin bnein done annd looks up) Aye Captain this here is Jim and he's looking ta sign up with the Watch Dog! He's a black powder man! sees the Captains intensity on the ship approachin skuttles the introductions. Over here (turns back to JIm) right over here we can stow yer gear. That bemaster gunner Petee and he likes loud noises he does

Aye quartermaster, making reday guns. * with a grin from ear to ear, he turns and shouts to the gunners that have been drilling all day.* Allright mates, you heard the man, this be what we was training fer. Ifin we lucky we might gets us a chance ta put some lead ta wood. * starts giveing orders, while looking at the ship through his spy glass.* Six pound no ounce charge, elevation 5 degrees, run um out, light slow matches.

Petee-2.jpg

(William conitunes watching the ship's angled approach.)

Take a look Mister Lasseter. She has gun ports, but too few to be well armed. Note how she sits very low in the water. She must be heavy laden.

What say you?

:: Take his own glass out of his pocket, opens it and looks through it at the ship in question ::

Aye... looks to be....four gun ports a side... prolly na more'n six pounders....

She looks ta be wallowin' along... aye, she be 'eavy laden...

Agreed, she be no real danger... 'less she be full o' marines!

*chuckle*

An' she 'pears ta be tackin' away from us....

:: folds glass and puts it back in his pocket ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

*Jim sees an open position on one of the guns...leftside muzzle, wormer's position. He picks up a worm and settles in...*

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Have the Master Gunner prepare to board and make ready for departure. I want these seamen aboard.

(folds up his glass)

Push forward our efforts to refresh the water barrels aboard and see that Mister Badger has my rigging checked before nightfall. Shrouds and stays to be checked and double checked. I'll not lose the masthead from lack of checking. Mister Hawks is to have what provisions he needs to finish all repairs and put a man next to him to fetch and carry food and drink. I'll not have the blacksmith stop his work.

That could have been a frigate there. We'll be fortunate only the once, I should think.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Aye, aye CAp'n...

::Turns and heads for the Master gunner, repeats the orders given...::

An' now ta get Mad_Jack an' th' barge back...

:: walking to the beach, he sees the barge, and as Jack looks his way the QM signals him to come ashore::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

* Approaching the Quartermaster*

Mister Lasseter, a moment of your time. Do my ears play me fool or am I to believe that the ship is to depart in a quickened amount of time frame?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: orders the barge back to shore, and has the men set about getting her readied for regular service ::

That was too close for comfort. Let me know when you're finished inspecting the hull, as I'll be checking her as well. I need all hands rowing, not bailing. Strip even marginal planking. I want her caulked within and without, and we'll stain her as time allows.

:: heads quickly up the beach ::

Mr. Lasseter! A moment of your time, sir. I'll doubtless need the services of the carpenter, and the barge is wormy in places, and her mast groans more than an ale-house trollop. And her sail spills more wind than it catches... Who may I enlist to repair the cloth?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?