Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~Having a full first day aboard and tired of walking aimlessly down the shoreline , Shipwreck strings his hammock up between two palm trees and fastly drifts off to sleep in the night air~

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

*goes around, making sure everyone has enough food and drink. Makes sure no tankard becomes empty. Begins humming a little song and then starts singing......*

Christine! How are you good lady? You have been most prompt in serving the tired workers today and I thank you. Please treat yourself to that remaining rum and see that all who are not on duty tonight finish this barrel.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

After finishing a hearty meal courtesy of Christine, Johnson helped himself to a half share of the double ration of rum. * Ahhhhh, that be more like it *

By order of Captain RedWake, Johnson immediately set out to find the ship's blacksmith, Mister Hawks. Not being able to locate him at the present moment, Johnson scrawled a note for him upon his return to the Dog. The message reads as follows :

Mister Hawks, by order of Captain RedWake, I must commission you to fashion a knife for me, sir. Your compensation will be handsome. Please craft a ten inch blade that runs full tang through the hilt, double-sided edge if you will sir. Thank you sir,

Nicholas Johnson

Once the message was fastened where Mister Hawks was sure to find it, Johnson took to one of the ships muskets, and began patrolling down the sandy beach. His weather-eye on point for anything out of the ordinary....

After finishing a hearty meal courtesy of Christine, Johnson helped himself to a half share of the double ration of rum. * Ahhhhh, that be more like it *

OOooh....eerie to see me first and last name written in here. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

(William finishes his turn at watch, while his tired crew spends the night in laughter, conversation and song. He wanders the length of the beachhead and takes note of the diligence with which his orders are carried out and how well the crew and officers propel their responsibilities forward.

He hears Christine's voice more than once over the night air and the familiar laughter of faces that grow more familiar each day.)

"Soon." he says aloud to no one. "Soon..."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Jonathan Hawks walks about the ship inspectin all the metal strappings, chain, hinges, grates, pullies and the like. many look like they could use replacin before any real hard sailing. He takes notes of what he sees and then goes to Mr Lassiter.

Mr Lassiter, Sir, I made me a quick inspection o the ship ana found several areas where it be my recomendation ta ave fixin. I'fn ya follow me, fer a few, I'll show ya.

(They walk over to the main mast)

Ya sees e're, a few o the straps round the main mast look ta be weakinin ana should be replaced some time soon. I needs ta climb up higher ta get me a look at the upper ones, but ya can see what I mean e'r. Ana some o the hinges ta keep the hatches tight. Just so's no sea water get in and makes a mess o any cargo we be haulin. But the masts are first in my book. Any ard sea ana we mite loose one. I know she been through much, but I seen it happen in me days. Snaps off like a twig at the brace. I can get right to work on forgin some new ones and avin some o the crew change em out if ya like.

Shoots anything that moves!!

*As the warm night turns slightly chilly, she takes her blanket and wraps it around her bare shoulders. She heads for her hammock and snuggles more into the blanket. It doesn't take long for her to fall asleep.....*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Without a creek or scuff.......I walks up behind Mr. Hawks an' Mr. Lassiter........'There's a good couple o' months left in those strappin's misters!!.....(he bellows).

But ifin' ye thinks them t' be changed.....then changed they will be sah!'....(grumbles)...awaits orders.

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

::Tthe QM find himself awake at first light, rising quietly, he retrieves his belongings and heads out into the fresh air where many of the crew are slowly coming alive as the light and heat of the day progress::

Mornin' Lads, Lasses...

This day'll be fine..... we'll 'ave th' ol' girl afloat this a'ternoon, gods willin'...

::he makes his way to the cook fire, finds a cup of tea and some vittles, then continues to walk about the camp, noting the progress of things...::

Aye Lad, ye be one o' th' gun crew... How goes the drillin'?

What drillin' ye say? Th' master gunner hasn't been instructin' ye on th' cannon?

Hmmmmmmmm.........

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

<<After waking under a palm, I awake to find few of the crew astir around the ship and docks. I walk over to the cannon to hopefully wake the rest of the crew. Loading powder, I find the evenings dew has moistened it. Trying to find a fuse, I become frustrated, finally cup my hands and yell:>>

BOOM!!

Arrrghhh. That should bring 'em scurryn' . . .

:lol:

Now whereabout's be I findin ye master gunner . . . .

Ahoy Master Lasseter!!

Ifin ye be kind be ye instructin' me on the finer points of the cannon? I cannont find the master Gunner . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Jim bein settled in I starts me walk back oer to the fires under the pitch pots and all has gone out during the dampness of the night. I turn to walk about the shores further than the past lookin fer some dry driftwood and hear this loudly voiced "BOOM"! What the bloody 'ell? I turns with a half grin and see Mr. P E W standin atop the gun! Oh! That'll get 'im all up and thinkin it will. So I turns back to me job at hand and continue pickin up the needed fires wood.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Padre Diego? Oh Sir?!

Haven't be havin' the pleasure of meetin ye.

Names PEW. Ifin ye don't mind, seeinst as how I can't be findin me master as of yet, mind if I be helpin with the firewood?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Ahoy Master Lasseter!!

Ifin ye be kind be ye instructin' me on the finer points of the cannon? I cannont find the master Gunner . . .

Aye Lad,

Hmmm.... That I could, howe'er th' careenin' be nearin' compleation... my attentions 'r needed there at present...

:: rubs chin ::

Lessee Iffn' we c'n both find th' master gunner... seems he be slack in 'is duties....

By-th' -by... what ye yellin' 'Boom' fer?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

By-th' -by... what ye yellin' 'Boom' fer?

Me be out of flints and couldn't find the fuse . .

'Tis been a rough night and a rougher mornin', me 'eads still spinnin' round 'e mizzen . . .

Padre Diego? Oh Sir?!

Haven't be havin' the pleasure of meetin ye.

Names PEW. Ifin ye don't mind, seeinst as how I can't be findin me master as of yet, mind if I be helpin with the firewood?

Not at all Mr P E W. We have met though Sir We did share a number of drynkes in the pub where Ray be the keep! I know foggy memories of well told stories and wneches of fame! Huzzah! Aye two mayhaps three loads of this wood be all the need this day! Grammercy fer yer offer to assist.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Ah good sir.

I be noticing ye face be lookin' most recent to me.

I b'leve we ate at the Tsunami Kate as well. Thankee good sir for the "re-"introductions.

Mr. lasseter 'tis gonna be 'elpin me find me master gunner now. Good day to you sir. Perhaps, a drink later?

*stretches and opens his eyes and lifts his head, slowly looking around he notices that he was sleeping on the ground under his hammock. spits sand out of his mouth* Hmm well now how did I end up down here? Oh well. *goes for his monning swim, and then coffee and pipe, finaly making his way up to the gun emplacments.*

Petee-2.jpg

Ah good sir.

I be noticing ye face be lookin' most recent to me.

I b'leve we ate at the Tsunami Kate as well. Thankee good sir for the "re-"introductions.

Mr. lasseter 'tis gonna be 'elpin me find me master gunner now. Good day to you sir. Perhaps, a drink later?

(reaches down to pick up three pieces at once) Aye we did share and ale or two there as well and was it not a lobster fest of sorts?