Pyrates of the West Coast

*Finishing the rest of his coffee and dumping out the ash in his bowl, he pulls out his pistols and and loads them. Putting one hand on the ground to support him he slowly stands up and walks twenty paces and turns around. He raises his right arm and takes aim at the piece of drift wood hanging on one of the palm trees and pulls the trigger.* BOOM * He raise is left arm and fires.* BOOM

*the shots rip through the drift wood spliting it in two, cause splinters to fly.*

~after repeated ducking from the flying splinters and catching Pirate Petee reloading is pistols for yet another round, Shipwreck John sees his chance and introduces himself to the Master Gunner.~

Ahoy there Mr Youngblood Hold yer fire! The Captain says to report to you for orders Sir! Proper introduction should be in order . I be Shipwreck John. I did a tour of duty with the Royal Navy, but being supressed as I was when sailed near this little spot of land I saw the oppurtunity jump ship and swam ashore where I have been for 2 Years.

I was in the Tavern in the town when word came by a little birdy that ye were lookin fer gunner's mate and I more than capaple of filling them shoes and itchin for roll of the ship under my feet again decides to join your crew. Glad to make your aqauintence Sir!

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye mate good ta have ya aboard. I needs every able body gunner as I could get me hands on. This be a twenty two gun ship, ten starboard and ten larboard and two chasers. Thats not counting da eight swivel guns mounted on deck. An I need at least two crew per gun, at least. So your company is more than welcome. So fer now, quartermaster would likes us ta go over drills, but you take your time gettin familiar with this here cove, if ya got any questions, jes let me know.

Petee-2.jpg

Thank ye fer tha warm welcome Gunner, Iffin it be all the same to ye I be itchin to be firin the there cannon cause ya can'ts make driftwood out of the Queens Navy iffin ya can't hit what yer aimin at, Besides there be enough time fer scuttlebutt at Taps

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

::as the hull repair and careening move along, most of the crew busy with it doing their part, a feeling of well being comes over the camp... the QM, makes his way into the stronghold, and back to the Surgeons rooms...::

*knock, knock*

Ms. Tempest? Armand?

::He stands, awaiting a response::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Thank ye fer tha warm welcome Gunner, Iffin it be all the same to ye I be itchin to be firin the there cannon cause ya can'ts make driftwood out of the Queens Navy iffin ya can't hit what yer aimin at, Besides there be enough time fer scuttlebutt at Taps

Aye, truer words ner spoken. Quartermaster, he be worring bout the supply o powder, so he be perferin we drill dry. But I can tell ya this, I can teach ya ta skip a cannoball across da water mate, right into the water line o da hull o an enemy o prize ship.

Petee-2.jpg

Quartermaster, he be worring bout the supply o powder, so he be perferin we drill dry. But I can tell ya this, I can teach ya ta skip a cannoball across da water mate, right into the water line o da hull o an enemy o prize ship.

Well, he be right in savin the powder for the good purposes of plunder , but iffin you tells me to fire upon another, that ship be good as sunk, she be!

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

sittin atop the hull fillin oakum me notices the Captain in the look about tower at the fort so I waved (boy now I really feel stupid, why on earth did I wave) what a dummy (I drop me chin to share a prayer) Blessed father again you have given so richley and without incident or accident. Thank you for your strengths and safety. amen

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Well, he be right in savin the powder for the good purposes of plunder , but iffin you tells me to fire upon another, that ship be good as sunk, she be!

Good ta hear it mate, good ta hear it. Wev'es got plenty o powder and shot. The for an aft magazines be burstin. We aint goin ta war and infin we was we'd be ready, hopefully we just be needin one shot over the bow ta make um spill the wind o thar sails and strike there colors. Sides we've only got enough gunnars to man one side o da ship at a time. Infin we get in ta too many full blown confrontations, espesially wit more in one ship at a time we be doomed fer sure, but we would still have plenty o powder an shot. We'd ave ta be firing full broadside faster then the wind blows ta put a major dent in it.

Petee-2.jpg

::as the hull repair and careening move along, most of the crew busy with it doing their part, a feeling of well being comes over the camp... the QM, makes his way into the stronghold, and back to the Surgeons rooms...::

*knock, knock*

Ms. Tempest? Armand?

::He stands, awaiting a response::

Having completed the buisness involving the Captain and seeing him on his way, the Surgeon relaxed...Loosely pondering the next set of actions that would need to be put into place with the situation at hand. A knock at the oaken door broke her meditations and she watched as Armand sprinted to open it. Sighing heavily, she inwardly hoped that nothing was awry that would need her imediate skills.

Armand stepped aside, the blast of sunlight from the courtyard pierced the dusky inner light with an angry glare, blocked momentarily by the tall frame in the doorway. Turning in the highbacked chair she tried to focus on the identity within the play of light and shadow...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

::as the door opens, he sees the surgeon seated, squinting in the glare entering over his shoulder::

Ms. Tempest, I prey ye be not busy...?

Just wonderi' iffn' ye'd like a walk about, as all work is progressin' well enough...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

sittin atop the hull fillin oakum me notices the Captain in the look about tower at the fort so I waved (boy now I really feel stupid, why on earth did I wave) what a dummy (I drop me chin to share a prayer) Blessed father again you have given so richley and without incident or accident. Thank you for your strengths and safety. amen

(William raises his hand in brief and continues to scan the far horizon for any lofty ships or dangers nearer at hand.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

With the sounding of voice and the question poised, she relaxed...no medical emergency to be delt with, at least not for the time being. Rising to her feet and closing the distance...

No, sir...Not occupied in the least, I believe I am at liberty for the time being. And I think that leaving this darkened surround for a bit would put my mind to a sense of greater peace. A stroll would do me well.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*smiles*

Very well... let us away...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*smiles*

Very well... let us away...

*With a nod of assent, she turns to her Steward...*

"Do go take some time to relax, mon ami. Things will become hectic enough soon for us both and it would be a crime to not take advantage of the calm before the storm."

*The young Frenchman smiles...*

"Oui, but I will not wander far in case of..."*concentrates*"...problems."

"Au revoir, for now then.."

*Recentering upon the Quartermaster*

"I am at your whim, Mister Lasseter."

What ta do, what ta do? *jumping up off the cannon and down the fortification. He briskly walks over to the two palms, where his hammock is tied, checks to see if anyones about, looks behind a rock near one of the palms push a bush to the side and pulls back a piece of canvas to reveal a small cask of ale. Where he fills his tankard and polishes off the whole thing and then fills it again* Ahhh the good stuff.

Petee-2.jpg

Arrrggghhh Jes finished me last oakum strip of me day and I'm gwettin off this hard sided bone bendin som a b nope en'r mind Im goin fer a swim and wash this layer of smutcharoo clean off me I ams. Lookin around I sees I be the only one not swimmin yet! Huzzah I throw me leg o'er the up rail rope down the leanin deck and jump ship and run whilst throwin a cascade of clothin on the way to diving long and equally fine I hit the surface and fly right back out onto the sand. Completely shrivled up I says Damn! I gotsta remembers this water is cold.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I sees now I am not the only one on sand and cups me hands so as to lends an assist to the discharge of words Im throwing! Petee Lets pop a cork on one a them barrels of ale Merc broguht back from town yesterday! And Nod As I walk pickin up my scattered assets.

The days chores build a mighty thirst in Firethorn's throat. When word goes out about extra rum, Wil scampers to be first in line for his double ration.

Wil Firethorn …ship’s gunner & scoundrel

wil22.gif

*Jim, no longer a Captain of the coast but just another scallywag adrift, walks down to the beach where a ship lays carreened...*

Ahoy the ship! I be lookin' fer the quartermaster. Some clergyman named Diego says ye be lookin' fer good gunners an' seamen.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Well, he be right in savin the powder for the good purposes of plunder , but iffin you tells me to fire  upon another,  that ship be good as sunk, she be!

Good ta hear it mate, good ta hear it. Wev'es got plenty o powder and shot. The for an aft magazines be burstin. We aint goin ta war and infin we was we'd be ready, hopefully we just be needin one shot over the bow ta make um spill the wind o thar sails and strike there colors. Sides we've only got enough gunnars to man one side o da ship at a time. Infin we get in ta too many full blown confrontations, espesially wit more in one ship at a time we be doomed fer sure, but we would still have plenty o powder an shot. We'd ave ta be firing full broadside faster then the wind blows ta put a major dent in it.

I hear another seadog hailin from down on the beach I Thinks I 'll be a joinin in his quest to find the Quartermaster

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg