Pyrates of the West Coast

Aye,

We 'ave had speaks of such a nature....

I leave th' necessaries in th' hands o' th' crew... as we is a democracy....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Stands erect for a moment, listening intently to the Master Gunner's circumstance.*

Well then, you have had a bit of it then...

*Investigates his scalp*

I see no evidence of abrasion and no laceration, which is suprising to me from the impact you have described... though I do note a nasty contusion, a lovely aray of livid hue...

*Stands again*

It is of my judgement that until we are sure of the true nature of your ordeal, that you should be removed from the muster until otherwise noted. Nothing of a rigorous nature should be persued, sir. I shall have you aided to the Ward where you shall remain for the time at hand. I shall inform those who need know of my prognosis and instruction. A diet of light means for the next few days...No tabacco, sir. And by strictest order, no spirits. Are we in understanding, Mister Petee?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Searches the Master Gunner's expression in brief*

Very well, then. You shall rest easy then until I can have you brought below. If you are in desire of food and drink, I shall request something of suiteing nature from the Galley...

*Looks across the deck...*

Mister Lasseter. A moment of your time, if you please...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Aye Have posted a non silent poll below this thread in order to keep just the anybodys out of the polling booth a post of who ye be and who ye vote for as well is needed here. Please understand this need to state who you are in a post and who ye vote for as well. <><

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*A small bow*

A pleasure to be of service to your needs, sir. I assure you that you will be well overseen until set to rights. *winks with a smile*

Good to hear...

*Notices her Steward climbing over the 'wale.*

Bonjour, Armand! When you have a moment, will you assist Mister Petee to the Ward, s'il vous plait?

*recenters*

My steward will assure that you are comfortable below in a moment and will see to your needs.

*Reaches forward to grasp his arm*

Not so fast there, sailor. Easy as she bears...

*Armand drops his dunnage to the deck and steps forward to help support the Master Gunner. She releases her hold as Armand queries...*

Are you ready, monsieur? We shall move slowly, oui? If I move to fast you will let me Know?

:: watching the plight of the M. Gunner with a hint of amusement playing on his face..... turns back to the work at hand ::

!! AT TH' WHEEL!! TWO POINTS TA PORT.... STEADY!!

MAD_JACK, KEEP 'EM PULLIN' STEADY, NO' TOO HARD!!!

:: the ship glides slowly through the water, wobbeling slightly as she heads further towards the shore ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

*Shakes her head watching after the Master Gunner and Steward. A look of puzzelment crinkles her brow in answer to the tremor below her bare feet. Flinching to the roar of command delivered from above, she notices the dock moving slowly away and moves to the port 'wale. Whispering underbreath...*

Another brandy would suite nicely....

(cups me hands and does what I use to do best, scream) Quartermaster where will ye use me best?

AYe M. Diego,

Ye c'n keep an eye on the cable through th' hawse hole... have a care it dunna show signs o' partin'.... there be much strain on it......!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Finches at the next volley of relay*

My goodness...

*Loudly*

Gentleman! It is aparent that you have all well in hand. I am going below to stay out from underfoot...

:: nods to the surgeon::

Aye Lass, outta harms way....

I' shall send fer ye iffn' yer healin' arts be needed...

Cheers

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Very well then...to the Ward I go. Yes...do not hesitate to send for me if something arises.

*Smiles warmly*

An hour had passes as mere moments as Diego introduced the rest of the crew to Nicholas. Cut-throat surrendered his cutlass and trusty flintlock pistol to the ship's Quartermaster, Dorian. With the blink of an eye, Cut-throat was standing on deck gazing at the magesty of the watch Dog.....

Mr. Dorian, sir, I be but new to yer vessel an I be wonderin where I would be o the greatest assistence, sir ?

(William strolls upon the quarter deck, taking in the feel of every part of the ship. Somehow, it all seems terribly different. He notices aspects of the rigging and timbers that he never took notice of before now. He pauses to examine details in her rails and the subtle bends in each beam. He's smiling at everything and nothing. This leads to memories of Mahdi and an earlier life. This thought leads to Salat-ul-lsha and he sings softly to himself in a private place among the lines and cables of the forecastle.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

*Stepping into the muted light of the Ward's confine, she considered the odd chain of events which lead up to the current time. The loss of a First Mate and a Captain before this barky had even cast her lines loose from the pier, strange occurances in themselves when considering the mode of hapstance and that this port of call was far calmer than others she had witnessed. But, things could, and had been worse, she mused unconciously biting her lower lip.

Moving across the room, she took note of the peaceful form sleeping to the gentle sway of the hammock it occupied. The contusion that lay across the Master Gunner's scalp was not a pretty sight to behold, but inwardly, instinct told her the injury was not as ugly as it presented itself to be. The investigation had been of very thorough nature and she doubted highly that any fracture had occured. None the less, nothing would be left to compacency and Mister Petee would be observed like a hawk to ensure of no form of cranial anomoly. If there were any swelling internally, a procedure of trephination would best be tended to upon solid ground...not a rolling deck. Turning away, she noted a slight smile tug at the corners of his mouth in reaction to some far reached dream...Obviously, the blow had not hampered functions in the temporal lobe.

Satisfied with her guest's state, she moved across to the heavy desk occupying the far wall and removed the leather bound medical log, quill and ink from its only drawer. Deep in thought as current events were scribed, she did not notice her Steward's presence until the tray was placed upon the desk's worn surface....*

"Merci, dear friend..." Inhaling the aroma drifting from the China pot's spout.

" A wonderful discovery of modern man, I dare say. You will please join me in its savor and tell me of your time ashore?...Or...Shall we just enjoy the savor? Perhaps you were as les grands felins amongst the local fair sex and wish not to disclose?..."