Pyrates of the West Coast

What times the tide in Quartermaster? would ye care fer a bite of grub? Me thinks the scent of pork under ground is what has taken my attentions. That being said I am starving. Mango salsa on chops and banana pudding, hmmmmmmm but I can eat later where would you like me to help out?

Aye M. Diego,

Th' tide will be at it's height in four turns o' th' glass...

We c'n 'ave 'er at th' cove in plenty o' time ta catch th' fall o' th' tide....

Oh Lad, ye c'n fill yer belly.... shouldn't 'ave a need fer ye til we's near beached...

::scratches stubble on chin::

That is, unless ye thinks we needs some blessin's?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wil slammed down the remainder of his coffee as he made his way to join the barge crew. “Aye, ready ta go Jack!”

Wil Firethorn …ship’s gunner & scoundrel

wil22.gif

The few men that Jonathan Hawks sent back to retrieve raw ore and some pieces of steel to be melted in the forge go about their business loadign the wooden cart. One man spies Mister Lassester and saunters over to give him the message from Jonathan .

"Mister Lassester, Sir

Mister Hawks sends this message to ya. He said to tell ya that the forge is in place and being fired up so as to begin makin the hinges and straps for the large fort doors sos they can be put in place. He sent us to get the raw metal. he also said that i'fn ya need to speak to em, he will be busy late getting these done. Oh...ana he said that the shovels that be needing repair will be ready some time tomorrow. Is there anything ya want me to convey back to him, Sir?"

Shoots anything that moves!!

Back at the cove, Jonathan gets the forge fired up and begins fuelin it with air with one man on the large bellows. Each burst causes the flame to change slightly. Brighter and brighter the coals begin to heat. He sends another man ta the river that flows round back for more water to fill the large half barrel where he will douse his creations as well as use for fire water in case of a flame up. Happy with the progress, he takes a 4 ft piece of metal and places it on the coals, testing them. After ten minutes, he pulls it out and sees it is orange in color.

"Almost ready mate. Just a few more minutes."

The other man starts again on the large bellows until given the signil to stop.

"Ahh, that be better. Now ya can rest. While we be waitin for the material ta come, bring me one o them there shovels sos I can start on a new end. That won't take me long."

The man carries over the thick metal strip and Mr Hawks places it in the coals to heat.

Shoots anything that moves!!

~swan works with the crew. Her hands are fast and capable. While she works she hums a gentle tune. she looks over the deck to the docks.~

Oi...which man out there is the captain. I'm curious to meet the great man.

~after scanning the docks and waiting for her answer she gets back to work. She is very fast on her feet.~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Word spreads through a pub quicker than acts of drunken aggression. Nicholas "Cut-throat" Johnson, discovered this fact this very night. As Cut-throat sat swilling and swindling the local patrons of the province, he was incredibly surprised to receive a weathered piece of parchment from the youthful hand of a lad that burst into the room. Cut-throats weather-eye squinted as the lad handed the parchment to him before scurrying off into the night. The message was simple enough, Cut-throat's presence was requested by the Ship's Master of the Watch Dog, one of the most infamous sea-going vessels of the time.

No written response was necessary. Cut had only to meet at the docks at sundown. With a hastened step in his swagger, Cut-throat Johnson left his beswindled company and made quick step toward the provincial docks. Mere moments passed when Cut reached the salt sprayed sea-port. His curiosity was peaked. Who was this Diego Santana de la Vega ? And what would he want with a scoundrel like Johnson ? With one hand calmly rested upon the hilt of his cutlass, and the other caressing the handle of his belt-stowed flintlock, Cut-throat proceeded to the gangplank that adorned the mighty Watch Dog......

(returning to the ship having went to the fort and ended up nay not sleeping a wink through this nights past calamity of terrors) I spend this morning in mourning. (taking slow steps up onto the plank holding me rosary close to me lips) "This morrow is of certain disdain friends. For on yesterdays past our CapnWilliam was shot and killed dead. As I have made inqueries throughout the night into the facts belaying that insufficient information offered by the constable. I have found he (our Captn) was victimized by a robbery and in the struggle with more than two wharf thugs did infact lance and slew one but was unable to dismiss the effects of one flintlocks keenly aimed ball. It would appear our flag would need to be lowered to a half mast position as I have been to see and have made his identification psitive. I am without words to brighten my own spirit and though our loss is grave feel the need to still keep a focus on the work at hand. We are a goodly crew (though we all are a bit of wharf thugs) I have been with a most vengefull prayer of death to his slayers. but now, since we all are equal members of this crew. Wait excuse me who is it to whom I see new here ( Cut throat comes up and introduces himself) Argh welcome aboard our ghost ship the Watch Dog kind gent and have ye met any of the crew? Christine there she be our great cook and will sing with ye when ye need a song. Make yerself right at home have one of the crew show ye where ta stow and give Sir William (our master-at-arms) a complete list and inventory of yer weaponry ye bring on board ifin ye will. Getting back to the situation with the captain. Whilst i walked about I see this ship of brothers and sisters in the need of more than a few very key officers First mate, ships master, and now captain i am throwing this up for you all to make consideration s to it as it be of the democratic way! We have the crew to reposition these very officers posts and the crew to fill in the blanke from within. It be to my liking that we vote and follow the lead of that vote by the many. If thar be a problem with that Our Quartermaster Dorian is our highest ranking officer I put this task into your hands to find the best qualified bretheren for the jobs and we shall make a vote that prevails. I am tired and need some sleep I will be below.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

(coming back up from the sleeping deck below) I can't sleep my mind is wandering around and about and all the possibilities of who, where and how are getting to be a bit overpowering fer the likes of simple old me. What say there Dorian? Make a case fer me Idea? (turns me head to face the wet dog smellin and drippin wet as well) Petee what the 'ell happened to you? Some ones see where the ships surgeon is?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*listens to what the good padre is saying and lowers the flag to half mast* Aye padre the flag is lowered to half mast. *takes of here hats and bows head for a moment of silent prayer* *mumbles to herself* God bless the captain and fair winds to him and then returns to work humming Fiddler's Green.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

Why Diego....

I's a might speechless... we's nay rigged out an' a'ready lost 'r Cap'n?

::takes a deep breath, opens his mouth to say more..... nothing comes forth... Takes another deep breath and lets it out slowly....::

Right... Ye says I be th' top rankin' officer now... I'll not be userpin' th' title o' Cap'n... tha' needs ta be put to a vote, aye...

I's sure some thought'll need ta be put to it... so I's gonna continue th' work at hand....

RIGHT LADS, LOOSE TH' LINES FROM TH' MOORIN' PILINGS!!!

MAD_JACK, PULL AWAY!!!

YOU THERE!!! MAN TH' WHEEL AN FOLLOW MY LEAD, HEAD FER TH' COVE!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

:: slumps agains the bulwark, looking stunned ::

The Cap'n? Dead, before we even have the ship in order? Bloody hell...

:: looks up at the sky, squinting ::

What have ye signed yourself up for this time, Jack? I supposed we've lived through worse...

:: snaps out of his thoughts at the sound of Mister Lasseter's orders ::

Aye, sir! You heard him, ye gobs! All hands, at the ready, and pull!! Straight and true, together lads! We're not draggin' logwood here! That be our home for God knows how long. That's it! Keep at it! The line's coming taught and true...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

*Stirred from a catnap by the ruckus above, sits up sending the heavy text to the floor below. Looking groggily over the hammocks edge...*

Merde...

*Rolls out of the hammock, catching the goblet just before it spills and sets it on the small desk and stretches to release the aray of muscle kinks. In mid stretch, registers more confusion from above and cocks an ear to decern the issue*

No use..

*Opening her berth's door to go topside, she realizes she is barefoot and after a moment of contemplation, decides to gain the main deck regardless.

Leaving the comfort of muted light below, hesitates at the top step to let her eyes adjust to the brightness of the day. Making a survey of the view, senses that something of an unsettling nature has occured and stands in puzzelment to the confusion that has arisen...*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: Standing on the Quarterdeck, hands clasped behind back, scanning the goings on, spies the Surgeon, walks to rail and hails her::

Aye, Ms. Fitzgerald.... ye must be informed o' some recent events... M. Diego 'as some bad news... Please report ta him so's 'e c'n tell ye... an' when ye gets a chance, 'ave ye any medicinals fer an 'eadache... th' kind tha' feels like ye was mule kicked right about 'ere....

*points to the spot right between his eyes*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: Standing on the Quarterdeck, hands clasped behind back, scanning the goings on, spies the Surgeon, walks to rail and hails her::

Aye, Ms. Fitzgerald.... ye must be informed o' some recent events... M. Diego 'as some bad news...  Please report ta him so's 'e c'n tell ye... an' when ye gets a chance, 'ave ye any medicinals fer an 'eadache... th' kind tha' feels like ye was mule kicked right about 'ere....

*points to the spot right between his eyes*

Well...we could go the tincture of Laudanum route, though I dare say it may interfear with any clear thinking...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*Considers then expression brightens*

Ahh...I have just the thing...

*Takes the stairs up*

Your left hand, please...

*Rolling his proffered hand, palm up, uses her thumb and index finger to apply pressure the the valley above the Venus Mound and the back directly across. Feeling the involuntary wince, she backs the pressure off and glances up...*

The pain appears when properly applied, Dorian. I assure you of its corrective properties, though if it is too disconcerting, I can switch to a physic medicinal...

*Overhearing Diego*

I slept...as best as can be expected, sir. I shall attend to the Master Gunner directly. Is there any blood to be seen? Please have the gentleman sit down out of the sun, if you will....

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: allowing the ministrations of the good ships surgeon ::

Nay lass, tha' be doin' th' job... very intrestin', very interestin' , indeed....

Thankee...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Hmmmmmmm.....

Aye M. Diego, so be it....

Well, speak man!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Releases the Quartermaster's hand, hearing Diego's request and statement. Raising one delicate brow...*

Perhaps I should see to the future headache....

*Stands back to allow his passage to Diego then follows behind to check the Master Gunner with a sidelong glace to Diego in passing..*

Well, well...What is it that seems to be the aggrivation?

*Leans in to check dialation of Gunner Petee's pupils*

Nothing amiss there...What is it that you did and where, if you please?

Kind Sir it has come to my attentions that the Master at arms and you have spoken of our ships most haneous situation, and that in this conversation you have eluded that your rank of Quartermaster / First mate is where you fair best. I know that for certain Sir William is one of the steadfast ranking human beings on board let alone one with said needed experience as well. Did you know he was his first ships boatswain and his second firstmate and then captain? If it is with your blessings then most capable sir. I would address the ship with a very decent proposal on your part. Which I must ad does too indeed carry my blessings as well. That a unanimous call for hands be addressed democratically of course that Sir William Red Wake be this Ghost Ships new and fully charged Captain. Does this meet thy own belief?

Aye Mam, I was out for a walk through the island when I comes upon a lagoon, I sees a sailor standing by it and he walks up to me and asks fer some tobacco fer his pipe. Sure I says ta em. When I reaching in me pouch fer the pipe tobacco I errs a branch break right behind me. I spin around and move me hand to my pistol, I barley pulled it out o me belt and alls I see is da business end o a belayin pin and then evry thing goes dark. I wakes up, hands and feet bound, blind folded and gaged. I must a been in a cave cause I could eer there drunkin ramblings echoing. And I could eer a small water fall into a pool. I kept going in an out o Consciousness fer I don't know how long. Wells when I started ta feel some strength and less dizzy, and I could eer no voices, I started to rub me binds on a rock behind me, untill they were cut. I then proceeded ta untie meself, I looked round and couldn't see no one. So I see me pistol by a stack o other fire arms and I takes it, then I throw the rest o there Arms inta da pool and dashes back here. And so heres I am.

Petee-2.jpg