Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:: fetches himself another cup of coffe, and approaches the ship's surgeon ::

Good morning, Doctor Fitzgerald. I was wondering - when might I be returning to full duty, in your opinion? They say idle hands are the Devil's workshop; mine tend towards an entire shipyard, if you catch my meaning. :D

*Centers on his approach*

Good morning to you, sir! It has been a number of days and under my obsevation of daily going on, you seem to be in your rights of mental capacities.

*Surveys the area and spies a low crate to the port side in full sun*

If you will be so kind to take a seat on yon crate, I shall inspect your sutures. I shall assume they are in good repair and if the healing has occured, as I suspect it has...I shall remove them from your person.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Mister Lassester.

(tips hat)

The fort is nearly complete. All that remains is that work which the blacksmith is completing for his use. The walls, ramparts, tower, cistern, cart house, stable, powder room and store rooms are all ready for our use.

(At the call of the Monsigner, William presents himself at the rail to be present at the Captain's arrival.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

(having descended the crows nest without dilema) Aye now mateys be lookin alive and all! I sees the capitain and he's makin his way out about the docks he is!

*Eyes narrowing*

Sir I can assure you that I am very much in a living state and I care not if the Pope himself is to grace these decks...

*Glances to Mad Jack then back*

Those under my care take a higher precedence over any other notion. This is not a point that I will leave open for argument.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Aye Diego,

Where be th' Cap'n?

:: walks to the binnacle cabnet, retrieves the logbook that he's been keeping notes of all the goings on aboard, returns to main deck to await the arrival of the Captain::

Diego, I gots sharp eyes n' I still don't see 'im...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: sits on the crate and removes his hat and headscarf, pushes his hair out of the way, and tilts his head so the good doctor can make her assessment ::

Right as rain, I hope?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

He's on his way I says, I seen him in me brings em near. He's a quite famous captain and known well in these parts mayhaps the other ships in port ergh takin his interest? He'll be here I Knows it! "damnit kirk I'm only the clergy"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*Gently seperates his hair to inspect and nods with approval. Stepping around to face him with a smile*

Well sir, the news is good and I see no reason hindering the removal of that bit of filliment. Prime healing, indeed.

*Starts to call for her Steward then remembers that he is ashore*

I shall have to retrieve a few intruments from below and when I return, I shall remove those. Be a good gentleman and stay put, it will only take a brief...

*comes out on deck and stretches* Good morn to ye parde, Tempest, and Mad Jack. Tis a fine morning is it not. Got a kink in me shoulder from sleeping wrong on me hammock. Mayhaps climbing the riggin will help get it out. Any advice from our good doctor?

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

*Returning from below decks carring a small satchel*

Good morning to you as well, Miss Constance.

*Considers the issue*

Well, being that the hammocks seem strung so closely together, I doubt that there is anyway in which to spread the bindings to creat more surface in which to lay...

*Puzzles briefly*

But, perhaps an adjustment applied to the area which plagues you will set all to right. Gather some wittles from the Galley and if the problem persists once you have finished your meal, I shall attend to it.

*Setting the satchel down and facing Mad Jack*

Shall we dispose of those, sir?

Aye Good morrow then Constance and here turn around point to yer aches ( i am holding both me palms together and in a very rapid back and forth rubbing of me palms the friction begins to warm and then alomost over heat my hands) here let me put this heat upon that spot there. now then how was that? another fer good measure mayhaps?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

(While waiting for the Captain to arrive, William makes use of the time by mending ropes and tending to those lines and cables that need splicing.)

Cape Cod girls ain't got no combs

Haul away, haul away

They brush their hair with codfish bones

And we're bound away for Australia

So heave away, me bully, bully boys

Haul away, haul away

Heave her up and don't you make a noise

And we're bound away for Australia

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

I thank you good doctor for your advice. *turns around for Diego to put his nice warm hands on the spot that is bothing her, closes her eyes and sighes* Ah much better that you kindly for your help. Now I will take the good doctors advice and go below for some wittles from the galley.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

Glad to have been of service. Do check with me later if the aggrivation persists.

*Removes small spectacles from satchel. Glances to its contents then removes tiny forcepts and matching shears. Applying the forcepts to the knotted tail of the suture, gingerly snips the end...*

You will feel a slight tug...

*Refocuses on the stitching and carefully draws the crossings further down in an upward direction to snip loose. Once again applying the forcepts, gently draws the filliment forth until each strand is removed. Inspecting the area once more before stepping back to face him, removing the spectacles.*

Very good, fine job indeed. You are released, sir. Please do take care in the future, if you will.

That I will, Doctor. But if anything injurious should befall me in the future, at least I know I'll be in lovely, er... capable hands. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm sure I'm needed somewhere...

Hmmmmmm.....

I's hopin' th' goodly Cap'n gets 'ere soon,'r 'e's gonna miss th' boat...

We all set ta warp 'er o'er ta th' cove ta commence careenin'

::looks about dockside, runs his eyes up, down, and around the ship::

Mad_Jack, ye been released o' yer light duties I see... that is well...

That bein' th' case, drum up a crew an' get th' Barge in th' water, rove out a cable through th' port hawse hole down ta th' barge so's we c'n make ready ta warp out...

Thankee Lad...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

That I will, Doctor.  But if anything injurious should befall me in the future, at least I know I'll be in lovely, er... capable hands.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm sure I'm needed somewhere...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*Stands to the side allowing him to gain his feet*

As you were, sir...and I thank you for the compliment. *winks*

*Gathering the satchel she glances to the Quartermaster*

My work appears to be done for the time being, Mister Lasseter. If there is no current need for my attention, I shall be below to make a final going over of the Ward before all the insanity presents itself to bare.

::Nods with a smile to the surgeon::

Aye Lass, my compliments, I prey all is well in yer Ward...

Nay, nothin' insane ta be goin' on 'ere....

:: clasps hands behind back, grins ::

This idleness be killin' me....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Pauses in step*

Is there something I may bring you from below to calm your soul, Dorian? I am sure I can manage a cure of sorts...a mild tincture to settle the nerves?

Quartermaster do what it is ye must do! I have no sight of the good captain and he wouldn't expect any work bein held up on account a his unannounced arrival. If you will now excuse me for even mentioning that he was sighted this very morning I think I'll crawl into me bunk and hide me embarrassment!

*Smiles at Ms. Fitzgerald*

Nay Lass.... I's not in need o' such... medicines....

::turns as M.Diego addresses the situation::

Aye Monsignor! Very goode....

:: picks up a speaking trumpet ::

!!! ALL HANDS TOPSIDE !!!

!!! WE'S PREPARIN' TA WARP OUR GOODE SHIP O'ER TA TH' COVE FER NEEDED CAREENIN'... MAKE YERSE'F'S READY FER LABORIN'S O' TH' LIKE !!!

:: Walks forward to the bow, where Mad_Jack has done as requested, leans over the side ::

!!! Aye Lads, make fast tha' cable and row it out tight, We's gonna part th' dockside lines an' will be under weigh... !!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Nods*

As you wish...

*Continues below, after a quick once over of the Ward goes to her quarters and obtaining a volume of Virgil from the small desk to the right, fills a goblet with aged brandy. Listening for a moment to the movement on and about ship, she climbs into the comfort of slung hammock to attempt a small relax of nerves*

*Smiles at Ms. Fitzgerald*

Nay Lass.... I's not in need o' such... medicines....

::turns as M.Diego addresses the situation::

Aye Monsignor! Very goode....

:: picks up a speaking trumpet ::

!!! ALL HANDS TOPSIDE !!!

!!! WE'S PREPARIN' TA WARP OUR GOODE SHIP O'ER TA TH' COVE FER NEEDED CAREENIN'... MAKE YERSE'F'S READY FER LABORIN'S O' TH' LIKE !!!

:: Walks forward to the bow, where Mad_Jack has done as requested, leans over the side ::

!!! Aye Lads, make fast tha' cable and row it out tight, We's gonna part th' dockside lines an' will be under weigh... !!!

What times the tide in Quartermaster? would ye care fer a bite of grub? Me thinks the scent of pork under ground is what has taken my attentions. That being said I am starving. Mango salsa on chops and banana pudding, hmmmmmmm but I can eat later where would you like me to help out?

Aye, Mister Lasseter!

:: turns back to the barge's crew ::

Double check that cable; make sure she's secured. Alright, lads! When the order is given, we'll make straight and steady, and draw the slack out of the cable. I'll make sure we don't foul nor damage ourselves in the process...