Pyrates of the West Coast

Mmm...

I see... no matter, I be 'appy ta have a helpin' o Christine's..............fine.........cookery.....

:: heads to the galley, fills plate with the fine meal, heads back on deck ::

Ah, does a body goode... now where has Tem.... Ms. Fitzgerald gone off???

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Perched upon a coil of rope with a platter of meats, cheeses and bread at her feet. Hearing her name, she stands and looks down to the Main deck.*

You are in need of something, Mister Lasseter?

*Takes a sip from the crystal glass she is holding*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Ah, there ye be....

Might I join ye?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

*Takes another draught*

You are more than welcome to do so. I find that this area is rather peaceful as we are moored. Would you care for some Cognac? I also have a fine aray of meats and cheeses to choose from.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*smiles*

Aye, tis a fine spot...

:: makes his way up to where the surgeon is enjoying her meal and the view::

Ah.... Thankee but, no... no cognac just yet....

Hmm... My apoligies, I fergets ta do somethin'....

::walks over to rail, spies Master Wake::

Aye, Master William! My compliments, an' when ye be finished wi' yer meal, inform th' lads at th' cove ta make ready as we will be warpin' th' ship hence... Take yer time, no need ta wolf down yer vittles...

:: walks back and sits on a battened down hatch combing ::

Right..... Any thoughts on our exercise of earlier?

:: takes a drink from his jack ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Refills her goblet and considers*

Well...I might say that you have exquisit form and offered me challenge, of that I can assure you. A nice bout, very nice indeed and a rare pleasure for me to find someone to keep me on my toes aside from Armand.

*sips*

I have to admit to you that I have no experience in the ways of a cutlass. I shall simply have to rely upon my marksmanship with pistol should the need arise.

*Refills her goblet and considers*

Well...I might say that you have exquisit form and offered me challenge, of that I can assure you. A nice bout, very nice indeed and a rare pleasure for me to find someone to keep me on my toes aside from Armand.

*sips*

I have to admit to you that I have no experience in the ways of a cutlass. I shall simply have to rely upon my marksmanship with pistol should the need arise.

::chuckles::

Lass, ye flatter me.... I's once told by a gent that if I 'ad one o' me leg made o' pine I'd 'ave better grace...

Granted I learnt much from a fine swordsman 'r two...

Well, th' cutlass, as I said afore, needs not th' same skill as the rapier...

I think ye'd be a quick study on it.... mayhaps start wi' a light blade...

An' as fer relyin' on yer pistols... unless ye has threefold brace 'r more, or ye c'n reload 'em swift as th' wind... they's on'y good for a short while...

Yer cutlass be yer best friend, it need not be reloaded...

I's sure betwixt th' Master 't Arms n' m'se'f, we'll get yer skill sharp...

Now enough o' tha'....

Let us enjoy th' breeze fer a moment more.. afore we set ta gettin' this ol' gal set ta rights....

*smiles*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Tips the goblet in his direction*

Then it sounds to me that the gentleman in question did not see the potential...Or perhaps he was a bore and there for offered no inspiration to your prowess.

*Muses over the empty goblet before refilling*

I much appreciate your concern in regard to my lack of Cutlass skill. I should look forward to the honing of such ability...

*Pauses and focuses on him*

But do keep in mind, it is rather hard for me to use either pistol or blade when up to my elbows in wounded...

*Glances in the direction of the bow where her Steward watches the goings on down the quay*

...And that is part of Armand's function and station. To ensure that there are no problems in sticky situations.

*She smiles warmly as her focus returns to him*

I agree. We should relish this moment of calm before there is no peace of mind to be had.

Stand at ease men, nice little set up here we got going! Who's idea was this Sir William? Patric Hand and Master Gunner Petee ye are just two, where be the rest of yer crew? I must say (as I kicks a 6 pounders mounting) tis built well. I am not sure but I believe a drynk is on tap in some sort of celebratory job wells done, what say then men?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Captain - I been busy gathering supplies for the careening. :unsure: I have tar, Pitch, leather mallots, scrapers, rasp files and bristle brushes for the bottom. Top deck will need tar, jute, brislte brushes, leather mallots and old roping for the caulk lines are the needs fer my duties as the ships carpenter this day. In the hold I was working on my morale officer duties :P and found all these things already well stored although some fires will be needed to be set for the tar to soften in the pitch pots. Have ye some volunteers ta provides the needed assistance yet sir? :huh:

Jonathan Hawks finished his surveying and meaqsurements of the repairs that needed to be made to the metalwork of the cove fort. he then began supervising the men as to where and how he wanted his forge set and before long it was ready to be fired up.

That be a right good job men, I says. Now, I needs me more of the ore and more of the raw metal that be back in the ships storage. You there...

Hawks points to one of the men.

Take a few o these e're men back ta the ship and go to the hold fer some o that raw steel I be needen. Take this cart and bring it back in it. And, let Mr Lasseter know I be firin this thing up and startin in on the hinges and straps. By the tyme ya gets back, it should be good and hot ta start me task. I'fn he wants ta see me, tell em I be there as soon as I can. This stuff takes time.

The men leave with the cart for the ship as Jonathan fires up the forge, squeezing the bellows, and begins getting the fire red hot.

Shoots anything that moves!!

~Swan saunters above to the decks. She is wearing black breeches white blouse and red vest. She takes a look around the decks seemingly looking for specific crew mates. She nods greetings to her fellow crew then goes and sits on the railing sipping her morning coffee.~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Have ye some volunteers ta provides the needed assistance yet sir?  :unsure:

I was a caulker in Amsterdam for a period of four months, so I know the mallet and the hemp very well. Aye.

A good Caulker is worth his weight in gold. :huh: When the captain is ready for us ta begin the careening - I be grateful fer your expertise indeed. In the meanwhile, fill yer tankard wit this here grog - it be me fynest i haves ta share~ :P

Captain - I been busy gathering supplies for the careening. :unsure: I have tar, Pitch, leather mallots, scrapers, rasp files and bristle brushes for the bottom. Top deck will need tar, jute, brislte brushes, leather mallots and old roping for the caulk lines are the needs fer my duties as the ships carpenter this day. In the hold I was working on my morale officer duties :P and found all these things already well stored although some fires will be needed to be set for the tar to soften in the pitch pots. Have ye some volunteers ta provides the needed assistance yet sir? :huh:

Captain?

Where be th' captain? I hasn't seen 'im in some time....

Aye Rummy, ye got alla yer supplies at hand then... get yer mates an' all others, make ready fer th' careenin' all topside work thaa' has been done ye needs ta inspect....

We be warpin' the ol' gal taday...

Christine, 'ave ye a chocolate pot on th' fire?

'r just coffee?

Tis a fine day mates! Work ta be done!

William, all is ready at th' cove?

Tem--Ms. Fitzgerald, all is well wi' ye an' yer servant?

M. Diego, any blessin's fer th' day?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Overhearing her name, leaves the stern rail and moves forward to look upon the main deck. Reaching the rail, collapses the 'glass she has been using and raises her cup of morning ritual towards the Quartermaster*

Good morn to you and thank you for asking after us. This morning has proven fruitful and all has been readied for the events of the day. I have given Armand some time to himself ashore. I have a fresh pot of coffee in my possesion and you are welcome to it, though I know you prefer tea.

*Smiles warmly*

(comin up from the lower deck as I smile upon seeing fer the first time this most wondrous of gods blessed days) Good morning everyone (turns head addressing by nodding) Tempest and Dorian and well met this morn! I am going to be up in the crows nest doin some readin and sayin some silent prayers for the brothers lost in perils of confusion this morning so be with spirit and anon. (Turns heads over to the rigging tuck his bible under his arm pulls back and holds the folds of his robes in his elbow crook and ascends)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*Glances away to Diego*

Good morn to you, padre! You appear to be in fine spirit and constitution this day. Damnable shame this morn's dispatch...

*Shakes head and watches him take hold of the ratlines.*

Do be careful in that upward venture. I must say it is far to early to be setting bones...

:: fetches himself another cup of coffe, and approaches the ship's surgeon ::

Good morning, Doctor Fitzgerald. I was wondering - when might I be returning to full duty, in your opinion? They say idle hands are the Devil's workshop; mine tend towards an entire shipyard, if you catch my meaning. :D

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?