Pyrates of the West Coast

Mr. Tito a warm welcome is as good of cheer as I might have this day, welcome aboard. I have made a weary travel to the high palaces of the north seeking the blessings of the Cardinal aat St. Sebastian and his guidance was well received indeed. Having been ordained on my journeys I find the ship in such a candid shape and will be more than anxious to reaquaint meself with the officers. The good Cardinal Joseph did in fact allow me the sightings of the trade routes of the great Spanish Galleons and the timing of their departures from the new world to Espania. We have much work and I would be remissed if I didn't immediately make your introductions to your immediate supervisor the master gunner Petee. Welcome aboard and please do aquaint yourself with the crew. Here is the list:

Ghost Ship "The Watch Dog"

Ships Capitan ... Capnwilliam

First Officer... PyratePhil

Quartermaster... Dorian Lasseter

Boatswain... Badger

Master Gunner... Pirate Petee (on shore leave)

Master-at-arms... Sir William Red Wake

Sergeant-at-arms (Marine)... Patric Hand

Ship Surgeon... Tempest

Monsignor...Diego Santana de la Vega (minister of death)

Cook/Entertainment Officer... Christine

Navigator and Cartographer... Pete Straw

Lookout(s)

1 Swan lieutenant... (archer 1)

2 Mad_Jack

3 Monsignor De la Vega

4 Sealegs Constance ( S C )

Gunners crew

1 Mad_Jack lieutenant

2 Siren

3 Firethorne

4 Mr P E W

5 Sealegs Constance

6 Tito

Ships carpenter (morale officer)...Rummy

Ships blacksmith... Jonathon Hawks

Able seamen

1 Siren lieutenant

2 Firethorne

3 Mr P E W

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Mr. Tito...

I be the Quartermaster, Dorian Lasseter....

Ye be reportin' ta Mr. Petee, as Diego says...

:: Nods to Diego ::

Glad ta 'ave ye back right proper Lad...

Aye, I's had th' Master 't Arms an' some o' th' crew build a fortification o'er in yon cove where we fix ta careen.... best ta be prepaired as 'r ship will be incapable o' defendin' 'erse'f durin' th' process....

Master Wake 'as outdone hisse'f I believe...

Nay, I've yet ta have speaks wi' Mr. Hand...

Lessee iffn' we c'n find th' Master Gunner as well, 'e picked the cannon ta arm th' shore...

Now soon as I 'ave word from th' Carpenter an' er mates, we will warp th' ship o'er ta th' cove....

:: Steps over to Ms. Fitzgerald ::

Beggin' yer pardon, I had ta appraise m'se'f o' th' new lad, an' let M. Diego know where we be...

Aye, a fyne drink later sounds a right plan.... th' coolness o' the eve shall prove fruitful....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Dorian (as I lean in to our Quartermaster upon whispered voice) how have the weeks been? Rummy and I were stranded north but able to make the pre arranged engagements of record. All is well and my papers are in safe keeping where is the ships master and the Captain? I believe it's time to let the crew know we must rally to engage our dispatch with haste. How are you? (Grabs shoulder looking into Dorians eyes)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: raises eyebrow, noting the seriousness of Diego ::

I's well, Lad...... quite well.... A might pressed wi' all th' labors involved wi' fittin' out 'r ship 'ere....

Glad ta hear all yer plannin's be workin' out...

As few where th' Cap'n an' 'r First Mate be...... I know not... I 'ad assumed they was workin' out some plannin' in one o' th' fine establishments shoreside...

:: stops and narrows eyes ::

Has there been some evil afoot? Was ye ta meet up wi' th' Cap'n 'r First mate...?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

(arms crossed) No Dorian, no meetings are known to me. I do think though that the time be of the essence. Seems to me as though private notes (messages if you will) to the crew should be witten and sent pon messenger to find them addressing their return to the ship. I will be up in the crows nest where I can think upon the proper wording to this endeavor. But first I am hungrey enough to eat a horse and chase it's rider. What say ye to a trip o'er to the Kate?

AYe,

I agree.... some are long o'er due from shore-leave....

:: with a nod ::

A trip ta th' Kate sounds a fine plan....

Ms. Fitzgerald? Mr. Wake? Might ye join us?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Stands aside to hand Main Gauche & Rapier to her Steward, taking note of the newest recruite with a sidelong glance. She whispers to Armand, sending him below with the weaponry and watches the conversation take place between Diego and Dorian, keeping a respectful distance. With the Quartermaster's approach and comment...*

There is no need for pardon...Duty always takes precedence. Would you prefer some establishment ashore or shall I check my private stock?

*Looking to where Diego stands then back*

I suppose I should make myself known, as is correct protocol...

Good day to you, Mister Vega. I trust your journey lacked over much strife and proved fruitful. So good to see you back amongst us. Things have proven calm in your absence with only one minor injury to report. I do believe that I echo your sentiments in the pang of hunger that has made itself know. You shall excuse me while I go below and shall meet all at the Kate.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Stands on the peer and sees Mister Diego and Mister lassaster on board*

Ahoy good sirs and good day to you. May I have your permission to come aboard. I am new to the crew and have been away for while. I have already signed my mark and have given Sir William my list of weapons. Now where is it you would like me start.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

:: looks down from deck, at the top of the gangway ::

Aye Ms. Constance, yer gear be stowed aboard?

Make it secure as we'll soon be warpin' th' ship away from th' pier, ta be careened...

M. Diego has returned an' we's goin' ta th' Kate fer a meal, then we be assembelin' th' crew fer th' warpin' out....

See to it tha' ye gets yer work detail from Rummy, th' Carpenter....

She be in charge o' th' necesaries o' careenin'...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

* Returning to the Main deck and over hearing the conversation going on there in regard to careening. She stops, one foot poised on the top step as her mind runs through what is entailed in such an act. The realization is struck and the delicate brow furrows as she proceeds to where the Quartermaster stands.*

Mister Lasseter, a word with you if I may. What is this mention of careening? Am I to assume that such an act is to take place in regard to this vessel? All that buisness of blocks and tackle...The hoisting of its normal level standing to those of odd angles?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: walks briskly up the gangway, paying close attention to where he steps ::

Mister Lasseter! The guns are stowed and secured, and a round-the-clock watch in place. Will there be - Mister Diego! Welcome back! Ye look none the worse for wear. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Mister Lasseter, a word with you if I may. What is this mention of careening? Am I to assume that such an act is to take place in regard to this vessel? All that buisness of blocks and tackle...The hoisting of its normal level standing to those of odd angles?

Aye Lass,

Th' ship is in need o' careenin'.... Afore we sat sail to points unknown, we needs ta make sure all is proper below th' waterline... the well need ta be pumped dry e'ery other day... now tha' may seem fine, but we's in port, under no strain... So we need ta do as ye say, muckin' about wi' block n' tackle n' other truck, Th Carpenter will make reperations an' fix wot ails 'r bottom...

Once we get 'er set, won't take more'n one,two shifts o' th' tide ta make 'er bristol fashion...

Aye, she'll be heaved o'er, on one side then t'other... ye've no worries as long as ye either 'ave yer necessities battened down or put on th' pier, along with all else, under guard...

I expect we be settin' ta warp 'er o'er ta th' cove once we return from our sup o'er at th' Kate....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Listening intently to his relation of plans, coughing at the last information....*

I see, then I shall make sure that my quarters and the Ward are prepared for an undertaking of such nature...If this is the intent, than I think that it would be to my advantage to procure a room ashore for the duration...

:: walks briskly up the gangway, paying close attention to where he steps ::

Mister Lasseter! The guns are stowed and secured, and a round-the-clock watch in place. Will there be - Mister Diego! Welcome back! Ye look none the worse for wear. :)

Aye Mad_Jack tis good to see thee as well! Was a celebration of blessing I were presented with me robes and given the monacker of Monsigner (officially) by the goodly Cardinal Joseph of St. Sebastian I am with God my son (erghh he be with me) This is about the best homecoming I could ask fer! What is that wonderous smell! First supper it be?

*Listening intently to his relation of plans, coughing at the last information....*

I see, then I shall make sure that my quarters and the Ward are prepared for an undertaking of such nature...If this is the intent, than I think that it would be to my advantage to procure a room ashore for the duration...

Surgeon the likes of this is a two day embarkation with the crew all workin the barnacles and tar the patching should go right quickly. Then heaved too I see nay more'n a two day affair. I would appreciate yer bein wit the crew there as sometimes mishaps do occur leaving your talents well in need.

*She looks away from the Quartermaster at the mention of title*

As you wish...Then I shall see to it that a kit is arranged to handle any ill fate that may arise.

*Standing back two paces, she nods...*

If you gentleman will excuse me then.

Lassey, ye need not fret so much...

Master William 'as constructed a fine fortification fer which ye c'n spend yes day... No need ta bustle just yet!

We's a fine meal awaitin' at th' Kate!

I appreciate th' verve at which ye do yer duty...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Well, my good Master Die...oh...begging your pardon. My good...Monsigner. How good it is to see you returned and in good health.

Aye Sir William! (looses track) Though the queen knows not of this title I did in fact bestow upon you, Sir William ye will remain. It is good to be back and with my friends , my brothers and sisters in arms. We are the crew, the cast of all those most of famous to have ever been reckoned. We are the crew of the Watch Dog I'll be in the Galley ifin the likes of something draws attentions further than ye all see the need for.

Ah........

Does tha' mean we won't be goin' o'er to th' Kate?

::licks his lips thinking of all the fine, rich food William serves there::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ah........

Does tha' mean we won't be goin' o'er to th' Kate?

::licks his lips thinking of all the fine, rich food William serves there::

Aye Dorian I snuck away earlier and enjoyed tea and crumpets with our Sir William and we came back together upon the converse of my most wondrous travels pon return where the most wonderful and the most elusive Puma was sighted and watched for a long period (unbeknownst to him) I was with much happiness and in wonder in that the universe does have such natural beauty. Sorry my friend only so much sun burning in a day!