Pyrates of the West Coast

Master Lasseter.

(tips hat)

I have left the fort in the capable hands of the ship's blacksmith and he has set about in the completion of all the iron fittings for our little fortress home. He is there also to finish the forge and the gate housing.

:: unable to speak without betraying his amusement completely, he tips his hat in return ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Catches her Steward from the corner of eye and glances to the Taff and notices Dorian's expression. With a minute cock of head...*

Something of amusement?

:: again watching the wordplay, stiffling a chuckle ::

:: a look of innocence passes across his face, betrayed only by the devilish glint in his eyes ::

Amusin'? Nay Lass..... not a thing 'ere....

*shrugs and turns his palms towards the sky, slowly shaking his head back and forth...*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Master Lasseter.

(tips hat)

I have left the fort in the capable hands of the ship's blacksmith and he has set about in the completion of all the iron fittings for our little fortress home.  He is there also to finish the forge and the gate housing.

:: unable to speak without betraying his amusement completely, he tips his hat in return ::

(William returns the smile, feeling too pleasant today not to. The he goes below to change out of his dirty clothes and rest before the next assignment.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

:: a look of innocence passes across his face, betrayed only by the devilish glint in his eyes ::

Amusin'? Nay Lass..... not a thing 'ere....

*shrugs and turns his palms towards the sky, slowly shaking his head back and forth...*

*She scans his expression of psuedo innocence, catching the fleet glint of betrayal in hazel vision before changing center to watch William go below and calls after as a thought occurs to her...*

Mister Wake!...I must entreat you with strict medical observation and confidence!... Do to your sanguine nature in relation to the heat and exuberant exercitation, I strongly advise a healthy intake of fresh water. And by fresh water I do not include the infussion of rum as the perscript! A spirit of stronger qualities is fine upon this evening's arrival with some care to moderation, if you please.

*Returning her focus on the Quartermaster*

Mister Lasseter, if it is of undue issue...Armand and I shall continue with our plans ashore. If your duties for the day are not of burdensome quality, you are more than welcome to accompany. I have intention of testing my skills of steel on yon shore and if you feel that your Finta in Tempo is of proper standing, I shall be pleased to test your worth...

*A hint of challenge raises in her expression...*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

::a grin slowly traces itself across his face::

Why, as things 'r movin' along right nicely....

Tho I think yer skill would be challenged further iffn' ye stayed aboard....

On land ye donna get the feel fer shipbaord action....

:: tilts head to the side and ponders a moment ::

Iffn' yer set on sparin' ashore, I believe I c'n spare a time...

Master William, I'll be wantin' m' Rapier.... an' m' heavy cutlass out o' th' armory.... Thankee...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Considers for a brief*

Being that you seem set to a melee on deck, so be it. Although the soft footing of sand provides a greater challenge to balance and footing, I shall honor your request as is proper etiquette.

*Armand aproaches with the satchel, she hefts both the Italian Seven ring then the French Swept hilt in turn. Returning the Italian blade and requests the French Main Gauche, tucking it into the back of her sash...*

Merci, Armand. *He nods stepping back, with a quick glance to the Quartermaster*

Do tell...Where is it that you would like to start this little dance?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

(William returns from the holds carrying a rapier and main gauche and hands them over to Master Lasseter. Then he asks while smiling...)

Is this to be a private bout or shall I remain to see that no one gets hurt? And if you must hurt one or the other, let me remind you, that it should not be the doctor. That would...complicate the matter.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

*She pauses in limbering at William's approach...*

Why Mister Wake...You are more than welcome to stay for the...feastivities. And have you no worries for my constitution...

*A hint of feral smile*

I have a sting...

(William returns from the holds carrying a rapier and main gauche and hands them over to Master Lasseter. Then he asks while smiling...)

Is this to be a private bout or shall I remain to see that no one gets hurt? And if you must hurt one or the other, let me remind you, that it should not be the doctor. That would...complicate the matter.

Thankee William....

:: takes papinhiemer hilted rapier, draws it from its scabbard, notes balance keenness of edge ::

William, ye sound as if a gauntlet 'as been thrown....

This be just an exorcize ta keep a sharpness o' skill...

:: looks at main gauche, takes it from William ::

Not m' usual choice fer this 'and... but a pistol would not do...

:: paces back several steps, twirls rapier , twists wrists, arms shoulders, does some full body stretches ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*A coolness plays over her eyes as she gages the Quartermaster's movement, knowing much can be gleened in its procession. Leaning causual to the 'wale she calls to her Steward*

Armand...Un cruche eau douce, s'il vous plait. Merci.

Her hand rests comfortable upon the familiar jeweled pommel as she waits, continueing to observe Dorian's body language and movement.

:: finishes warming up... ::

A'right Lass.... ye done readin' yerse'f?

Care ta pick where ye wish ta begin?

:: breathes in deeply, exhales..... as he does he finds himself standing left foot forward, toe pointed straight, right foot back pointed to the side, arms loose, hands waist level ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Here will do as well as any. If you feel you are in the ready...

*She moves to a respectable distance, lifting the rapier to lie afore her face, extending upward at an angle, back to the former position and downward at an angle to the decks in salute before going into guard*

The deck is yours...En Garde!

:: with a nod, he salutes with his sword... when she intones 'en garde' he drops slightly, knees bent, weight on the balls of his feet, no significant expression on his face, both sword and dagger pointed directly at his opponent...

Left arm extended with main gauche, right arm still held with the hand near his waist, his whole pose as if he awaits...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Relaxing her mind calculates his advantages of reach. Engaging, she presents a false attack to gage his reflex, then retreats by "Passe' arrier", her feet crossing nimbly and returning to guard*

Are you sure you are up to this?

*She begins to circle right...*

Truly, this is an indulgence and is more befitting to the streets than a ship's deck...

*She pauses in movement, still in guard...*

Rapiers were never ment in design for the close confine of a ship's breadth, nor for boarding...

*Continues to circle...*

:: as she attacks, with a flick of his wrist, he parries with his main gauche, as she retreats, he relaxes his guard, awaiting the next attack ::

Aye Lass, I's up fer this... mayhaps is 'as been a time since I used this blade...

And ye be right, these be more fer a street fight th'n a boardin' action...

We could switch ta cutlass'... tho they lack.... wot's tha' frenchy speak...

Gen ess ay kwaa? No? They lack finesse, skill.....

Prey, continue....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Je na sais quoi...Yes, the cutlass is not an elegant weapon, but one well served in its right...

*Advancing with fluid step, she feints left then attacks with a Froissement, the ring and slide of blade to blade rolls the air. A twist of wrist to circle and drive his blade's tip downward in Glide then a quick step back, dissengaging*

Well done...

*She retrieves the Gauche from her sash and waits...*

//Froissement: To attack your opponent's blade with a strong, sharp, accentuated glide along its legnth// (f roys-ma )

Aye... th' cutlass serves ship board well enough....

Well done ye says... Aye... might I say th' same fer yer skill...

:: advances with an open midguard, leaving his left shoulder exposed.... He delivers an overhand thrust to her midsection that she turns away easily, executes a counter attack to his open shoulder.

With lightening speed, he changes from mid to highguard, engaging her blade with his main gauche, driving it far off point, then swiftly disengaging with a half step backwards ::

Hmmm.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*She raises a brow to his counter of Forecut. Moving foward she uses a Bind, moving his blade diagnally to the opposit side, holding the Gauche wide to intercept a slip. She steps back a pace as his rapier slides free and feints left*

Thank you for the compliment...

*She backs again and stands at ready. With a quick forward movement she lunges to engage again....*

*She backs again a stands at ready. With a quick forward movement she lunges to engage again....*

:: as she lunges, he quickly sidesteps diagonally forward, drops his main gauche, turns and grabs hold of her wrist... ::

Had tha' made contact, t'would a hurt.... ye'd a been stitchin' me up...

:: with a grin, he releases her wrist and steps back ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Startled by his grasp of her wrist, she looses her grip of the rapier*

My sincere apologies, Dorian...It would seem I get a bit caught up in the moment...

*As her wrist is released, she nods to her Steward to bring two glasses of water from the waiting pitcher*

You will forgive, I trust...

*Hands one of the glasses to him*

Mayhaps I should keep my bouts to times of need and my practice with Armand. He knows my wicked ways, my Father taught him the Art. Doing so, we are well matched...

Oh Tempest, no apologies needed...

Aye, forgiven...

Mayhaps a set o' blunted swords need be procured... then on'y a bruise would be caused iffn' ye get caught up...

:: Takes offered glass with a smile ::

I see.... Armand, my compliments ta ye fer puttin' yerse'f in harms way...

And my compliments to yer Fa'her... a master no doubt....

:: turns to see William still watching ::

William! Does ye spar as well? Mayhaps tha's a bad idea... bein as yer th' Master 't Arms.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*Returning the Quartermaster's smile with warmth*

Very well then, perhaps a conversation with a local artisian could produce weaponry of a less harmful nature. I shall inquire of such on my next trip into town proper. It was an enjoyable bout, and I assure you that I shall take better care on the next occassion.

*She sips from the glass, catching his eye briefly*

I am sure that my Father would accept your compliment fully given view of your own skill. A drink later this evening, perhaps? I must confess...I have no training with a cutlass. There was never any need to procure such a skill. Though, I will assume that it cannot be to remote from the use of a Sabre.

*Pulling a cloth from her pocket and wiping brow*

I do think I could use a swim, the temps seem to have risen greatly.

*Turning to the Master at Arms*

I am pleased that you found the view of worth, William. See...No need to worry, no harm done. And you are a Marksman? We shall have to set up a range when time permits. I do love a good round of target practice, moving or non. Do tell, have you any experience upon horseback in such capacity?