Pyrates of the West Coast

*With a final inspection of the sutures, she goes to a small basin standing near to wash her hands. Looking sidelong to Mad Jack...*

Those should hold nicely. I expect you to check in with me thru the next few days to ensure that there is no infection. Do keep that area cleansed, if you will...But do take care in doing so. I shall inform Mister Lasseter of the labor restrictions I have deemed proper for your constitution.

*She glances to her Steward who is removing the supplies used, then returns her attention to Jack*

You are free to leave, sir.

*As he gains his feet...*

I might advise you...*Removing the spectacles and tucking them away*...

That it may be in your best interest not to depend quite so heavily upon your "Rum Compass"for navigational purpose, in the future. *A knowing wink and nod*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( That's ok...We still love you.) :D:D

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: resists the temptation to touch the bandages covering his wound ::

Thank you, Doctor. Sound medical advice. I'll try me best to follow it to the letter. Or at least in spirit... :: winks ::

:: carefully makes his way to the door ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

:: after much contemplation, he realizes it would be best to take the compass himself, and find the necessary establishment to have it repaired ::

:: leaves ship in the hands of the watch, traveling into 'town' to do business ::

::returning late in the evening, retires to his cabin::

::Next morning, rises early and heads back shoreside, returning a few hours later, carrying a canvas parcel...::

Aye lads, all is well? ::Nods to the crew on watch::

Here we be... all repaired proper like...

::heads to the Binnacle, unwraps parcel and withdraws the now repaired and very shinney compass, places it back in its spot...::

Aye.... tis a thing o' beauty...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: saunters to the mainmast shrouds, climbs up to the fighting top, pulls glass out of pocket, pulls it open and looks thought it towards the cove...::

Ah... there be a fine thing.... Th' Master 't Arms done a fine job... looks ta be near finished.....

::shuts glass, grasps a line and slides down to the deck::

Master Gunner!!! Prepare a longboat an' crew! Pick four o' th' best cannon ta be set up on shore where th' Master 't Arms 'as made up th' fortifications!

Soon as ye be set, we c'n make way ta gettin' this ol' gal careened...

:: looks down into hold at the supplies there....::

A'right lads, make reperations ta sway up any unnecessary truck an' stow it on th' pier...

::clasps hands behind back, looks about and sees Mad_Jack comung topside with a bandage on his head::

Hmmm... all fixed up I sees....

:: not far behind comes the Surgeon, a smile flashes across his face ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Master Lasseter.

(tips hat)

I am happy to report the that footings and supports for the fortifications are in place. I recommend that we place the cannons and test for range and elevation before the finishing touched are completed. I would like the Master Gunner to look over the fort and see if it lends itself well to the cannon and gunnery crew.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

* Watching after Mad_Jack's departure from the Ward, she cannot help the expression of amusement that crosses over her face...*

Sailors...

*With a small shake of head, she leaves the Ward for her quarters to freshen up and change into fresh clothing of a cooler persuation. Returning to the Ward and sighting her Steward...*

Armand, would you be so kind as to retrieve my basket and a bottle of Brandy? I think I shall go to shore and visit the Apothecary...mayhaps a stroll on the far shore for a closer inspection of some nesting activity I noticed a few days past...My straw hat also, this day's sun is a bit brilliant.

C'est tout?

Oui, mon ami...That is all. I shall await you on deck. Merci.

*Gaining the upper deck, she pauses to let her eyes adjust to the unacustomed brightness then glances the surround. Seeing Mister Wake and Mister Lasseter she approaches where they stand*

Gentlemen, it seems a grand day in the making and a productive day, as well. The Ward is clear for the time being and I shall be going ashore for a small space of time. If I am not in need, I shall be departing directly though if something should arise of urgent nature, Armand knows my where abouts. Mister Lasseter...I shall request that my recent guest is not to be put to labor until further notice, if you please....

AYe William,

Excellent.... Grande job ye done....

Pass th' word fer th' Master Gunner!!!

Aye, ye an' th' M. Gunner make arraingements fer th' tarnsport o' th' particular guns... no firin' tho.... sight in th' barrels, but nay waste yer powder n' shot... no need ta attrack any attention...

:: watches as Ms. Fitzgerald approaches, listens to what she has to say, furrows brow at the mention of 'no labor for Mad_Jack'...::

Aye Ms. Fitzgerald... no labor ye says.... Well... 'e c'n stand watch then... if 'e's not seein' double...

Prey 'ave yerse'f a grande tyme ashore, Lass...

Right... Now where be th' Master Gunner!?! Much work 'as ta be done!

An' where be the damned Carpenter an' 'r mates!!!

::Temper is rising::

Master 't Arms.... If ye would be so kind as ta find th' M. Gunner and th' Carpenter so's we c'n right th' wrongs 'r grande ship might have... Afore th' season's end, mayhaps!?!?!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ah, William.... Th' Carpenter be Rummy... I ha'nt seen 'er fer an 'andful o' days... she be 'round somewhere...

Iffn' ye hafta... rouse th' cap'n o' Marines an' do a search fer who be in need this day...

Carry on....

(looks ta be a Drambuie day.... lordy.....)

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye. Rummy is not to be found aboard ship, Master Lasseter. She is off on expedition with Master Diego at this time. Still, if it pleases you, I can round up enough caulkers to stem the seams until the master carpentry can be done upon her return.

Aye Master William....

Ah, tha's where she be... very well...

Ye gots plenty on yer plate as it were wi' th' placement o' th' guns wi' Master Petee... Ye c'n find 'im I's sure...

I'll deal wi' th ' carpenters mates, get 'em set fer careenin'

Tha'll do.... Thankee....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: watches as Ms. Fitzgerald approaches, listens to what she has to say, furrows brow at the mention of 'no labor for Mad_Jack'...::

Aye Ms. Fitzgerald... no labor ye says.... Well... 'e c'n stand watch then... if 'e's not seein' double...

Prey 'ave yerse'f a grande tyme ashore, Lass...

Right... Now where be th' Master Gunner!?! Much work 'as ta be done!

An' where be the damned Carpenter an' 'r mates!!!

::Temper is rising::

Master 't Arms.... If ye would be so kind as ta find th' M. Gunner and th' Carpenter so's we c'n right th' wrongs 'r grande ship might have... Afore th' season's end, mayhaps!?!?!

Thank you, Mister Lasseter...I do appreciate your cooperation in this matter. I shall return in a couple of hour's time...By the bye...Is there any service I may do for you as I am going into town? It would be of no trouble...

*She reads his aggitation with a slight raise of brow and glances to Mister Wake before taking notice of Armand's arrival. Donning the straw hat, she glances questioningly at the Quartermaster in brief before taking the basket from her Steward*

Thank you, Mister Lasseter...I do appreciate your cooperation in this matter. I shall return in a couple of hour's time...By the bye...Is there any service I may do for you as I am going into town? It would be of no trouble...

*She reads his aggitation with a slight raise of brow and glances to Mister Wake before taking notice of Armand's arrival. Donning the straw hat, she glances questioningly at the Quartermaster in brief before taking the basket from her Steward*

Aye Lass, 'ave a goode tyme ashore... I'll try ta keep 'em from causin' themse'fs mortal 'arm.....

Oh, nay... on'y thing I c'n think I's sure ye already attended to... makin' sure ye 'ave yer sickbay provisioned....

:: takes a deep breath and regains his light composure ::

Thankee fer askin'...

:: flashes a grin ::

AYe William,

On th' morrow then....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: early the next morning, we see the QM already on deck, a steaming mug in hand ::

Ah... tis a fine sight... be better iffn we were out on th' deep blue...

Soon... soon enough...

:: Leaning against the taffrail, he observes the crew slowly coming to life, going about their business ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

(comes up from the afterhold, still adjusting his jacket)

Master Lasseter.

(tips hat)

With your permission, I shall take a number of able sailors and lay down planking before the fort to make the egress of the cannon a little easier.

:: makes his was unsteadily up to the main deck and squints at the bright sunlight ::

Ah, Master Lasseter! Begging your pardon... I know what the good doctor said, but I'm not the type to lay about idle. Is there anything I could be doing to make meself useful?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Aye William,

That'd be a long haul iffn' ye take 'em cross land...

Put 'em one at a time in th' longboat, use an A-frame in th' shallows ta get 'em out a the boat an' a pallet ta carry 'em ta shore... reassemble th' barrel n' truck there, an' then lay yer plankin' ta each position... Take ye half th' time 'r less...

We has stout lines an' slings, block n' tackle aplenty ta make i'tall easy on th' back...

:: looks about ::

Master gunner still not about.... I trust yer not gonna 'ave trouble findin' th' lad?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: makes his was unsteadily up to the main deck and squints at the bright sunlight ::

Ah, Master Lasseter! Begging your pardon... I know what the good doctor said, but I'm not the type to lay about idle. Is there anything I could be doing to make meself useful?

:: watches as Mad_Jack approaches, listens to what he says ::

Hmm.... well, ye been put ta light duty by Temp.... Th' Surgeon....

Lessee wot ye be fit fer this morn.....

:: Holds up two fingers ::

'ow many fingers ye see?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, sir.

(smiles a bit)

The idea of taking them over land...well...aye, sir. I shall haul them only as far as necessary on land. As for the Master Gunner, I have sent him word, but shall not wait for him to begin what labor I can. There is much to be done.

Aye William...

I pray 'e makes 'is presence known soon... Aye, there be much ta do... much ta do...

:: smiles and nods ::

Off ye go then, an extra tot o' rum fer ye an 'yer gang iffn' ye do a grande job, which I's sure ye will...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif