Pyrates of the West Coast

*Looks bemused*

So..do tell, from what area do you hail in origin?

Me? Where's d' I hail from...

Ye kennet tell?

Why, I's from betwixt Roisin Dubh n' th' isle o' Arran...

Mostly spent aboard, 'r in a shipyard...

Tho I's told I c'n lay claim ta Glencairn on th' nor'east coast....

::noting her expression::

An ye, Lass? Ye say ye studied n' Paris, so's ye picked up their words...

Tha' says not o' yer beginnins...

Well, my dear...I did have an impression that the area you mentioned would be the case; though I did not want to appear presumptuous...Lovely area, lovely indeed.

I studied in Paris and Dublin, as well. Hailing from Dun Dealgan near Dundalk Bay. My father was a Gascon, displaced....My mother from Kildare.

*Takes notice of Stewards return and pours two cups of coffee, handing one to him with a spoon and a small cup of sugar.*

Merci, Armand.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my dear...I did have an impression that the area you mentioned would be the case; though I did not want to appear presumptuous...Lovely area, lovely indeed.

I studied in Paris and Dublin, as well. Hailing from Dun Dealgan near Dundalk Bay. My father was a Gascon, displaced....My mother from Kildare.

*Takes notice of Stewards return and pours two cups of coffee, handing one to him with a spoon and a small cup of sugar.*

Merci, Armand.

Ah.... I see, I see...

Oh, thankee lass.... Mmm uh.... Mercy, uh bowcoo Armand....

:: gingerly takes the cup of coffee and the cup of sugar... sips coffee, adds sugar, sips, adds more sugar, sips, adds more sugar, sips... nods, puts sugar cup down::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*Armand's features pinch briefly at the pronouncing* Oui, monsieur...You are welcome....

*She watches the onslaught of sugar*

Perhaps a raw piece of Cane would surffice in a better capacity?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: nods at Armand with a half grinand a wink ::

Oh, nay Lass, jest I been used ta rather weak coffee as o' lately... I c'n tell by the aroma this be a strong sort.... jest need ta take off th' edge...

Much as I hate ta admit it... I's more partial ta tea...

:: takes a sip, stops and looks at the china cup that he's drinking from ::

Ye dinna get this from th' ship stores... tis... lovely...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Well...If it is tea that you would prefer it can be had.....

*Watches his reaction and laughs*

Oh no...That is from my private stores. A lovely cafe' from Venice. I dare not attempt what is kept in the Galley. I fear my sense of taste would be ruined forever.

*Looks away briefly to watch a squadron of pelicans fly by off to larboard*

As I was saying...I do have some Irish tea, if you would prefer that...

*Notices the Ship's Master*

Good day to you, Sir! Would you care to join us in a cup of coffee?

Aye Diego... tis a fine tyme fer.... tea... 'r coffee....

Oh, a very fine coffee... now wot be in th' 'old.... who's ta say...

No. no Lass... coffee were offered... I's fine wi' it presently...

Mayhap some tea later....

:: pulls small spyglass from pocket ::

'ere ye go, lass.... closer look at 'em birds...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The tea you are more than welcome to when the desire arises. It is a most profound blend, I find. Why thank you...

*Takes spyglass, extending it to full legnth then pans the horizon*

Interesting...Pelecanus occidentalis....

Well...If it is tea that you would prefer it can be had.....

*Watches his reaction and laughs*

Oh no...That is from my private stores. A lovely cafe' from Venice. I dare not attempt what is kept in the Galley. I fear my sense of taste would be ruined forever.

*Looks away briefly to watch a squadron of pelicans fly by off to larboard*

As I was saying...I do have some Irish tea, if you would prefer that...

*Notices the Ship's Master*

Good day to you, Sir! Would you care to join us in a cup of coffee?

no but thank you (turned and facing the pelican formation) I love those nasty birds I wish that ships could jes hover as they does and ner touch wing to ev'n the rising wave and its down slope. Magical almost! Some time they don't even move thier wings fer minutes. Immagine flying the seas as one of them?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*Removes 'glass from sight*

Truly...I was unaware of having said Stout on board. Though I know it may be obtained on shore...

I do agree, even though those be of the common Brown variety, the never cease to capture my interest...

Er... Diego.... we duna 'ave Guinness aboard... sumat other... yer gonna hafta go ashore ta th' Kate fer tha'.....

Ah, th' pelican.... Hmmm.... I perfer ta find meself more liken to an hawk...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Oh yes...Raptors are splendid! Sea Eagles...Osprey....A true vision in flight.

A meal does sound rather good and William offers fine fare. Dorian?

Er... Diego.... we duna 'ave Guinness aboard... sumat other... yer gonna hafta go ashore ta th' Kate fer tha'.....

Ah, th' pelican.... Hmmm.... I perfer ta find meself more liken to an hawk...

Don't get me ideas wrong Dorian me favorite birds be the entire flock of birds of prey. But fer a soothing glide bye so close too and yet ne'r touch the water I seem to get transfixed errghh somethin by the beauty and grace of that damn ugly bird! Yes Off to the Kate!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Ah....

fer a soothin, lazy flight..... Albatros....

Oh I s'pose I c'n trust these lads ta watch o'er th' "Dog"...

Aye, a trip ta th' "Kate" sounds goode....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Very well, then...

*Collapses 'glass and hands back to Dorian with a nod*

Thank you sir. The Kate it is then. I shall just go below for a moment then join you both there.

AYe Lass,

M' glass be at yer disposal, anytyme... I believe tis better'n most aboard, 'cept th' Cap'n...

Right then, be waitin' at th' portside er ye....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Me head hurts...

I woke after a t'ree day drunk and found this hyar note pinned to me waistcoat, remindin' me that I'd been commissioned as ship's navigator an' cartographer.

...Stumbling around... gathered my gear in me sea bag.... charts... instruments... astrolabes... Quills... ink... Head still pounding..

Aye, Captain... 'Tis Pete Straw hyar, acceptin'... err...

*fumbles for note*

...Er, I be acceptin' yer offer o' commision as ship navigator an' cartographer. Where kin I get a strong cup o' coffee?

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Aye Will let us begone..To the Lagoon? Now whar be the others..Places two fingers in her mouth and sends out a whislte..that should get them..A screeching is heard as Scuttle races across deck past and through Wills booted feet and scurries up her person till he sits quietly upon her shoulder.

"Sorry Will..I take it ye do not like me scamp much..But he's a good lad. a thiveing good lad." Laughingly she leads the way off the deck and onto the gangplank and down to the docks below..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I'm here ~joining the other two with 4 bottles of drink 2 rum 2 ale.~ Anything else we need?

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Wil lifts a foot as Scuttle zips through his legs. His face wears a smirk that slowly turns to a grin as his hand pats the pocket that contains the gold watch. Aye! …thieving good monkey he be. :huh:

~~~Firethorn^^^

wil22.gif

"Nay lass that be fine..Ill carry some of that..Here give me a couple bottles"..Reaches for the bottles and Scuttle climbs atop her head to cover her eyes. Laughing at his antics she manages to peek and take two bottles.

Turns to see Will patting the pocket his new watch resides in and shakes her head.."Come on..the Lagoon and all her splendor await us."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png