Pyrates of the West Coast

Le Requiem ~ La Margarita

Within the private confine of quarters, Jean-Micheale scribed the heavy ledger's inner surface events of the past twenty-four hour's passage. Though a tedius task to most, the Capitaine never viewed it as such and was meticulus his manner of record keeping. If nothing else, it was a way of filling time until the frigate cast forth her anchors to ride gently within the harbour's sheltering arms.

Setting the fanciful plume of writting quill to the side, he took up the crystal goblet of claret and listened subconsciencously to the rythem of upper deck busiment. The well-oiled machine of man and ship played out as a well orchestrated concerto; its' pitch and fevor rising at the sighting of destination and increasing as the frigate drew nearer. Closing his eyes in relaxed state, Fournier sipped cassually from delicate claret and listened to the sooth of song so familiar after all the years that had passed.

Founier knew instictually that they were near desired position and thought back momentarily to his first visit to the isle. Finishing off the goblet's content, a smile of hinted predatory bearing crossed his angled feature. A smile that echoed certain liberties and pleasures that lay waiting to be procured once ashore. It had easily been nine months since the last visit and Don Vasquez was always very generous in hospitality when an old friend appeared.

Jean-Micheale refilled the goblet's want, knowing full well that within the next turn of day, there would be a grand gathering of La Margarita's elite society in celebration. The food would be of highest caliber and the spirits would flow with abandon, which in itself was a grand proposition and experience, but it was the thought of who would be in attendance that captured the Frenchman's focus. There were always eloquated ladies that were more than willing to attend to the more personal appetites of one such as himself...and that was the true root of the smile now showing.

Taking quill back in hand, he moved to dip the nib in waiting ink pot when something gave pause to his action. Inclining his head slightly, Jean-Micheale focused his attention to the sounds above. Something had broken the steady rythem and there seemed an aggitation in the air. Setting the quill down, the Capitaine left the room to make for the exposed surface over head.

Achieving the upper reaches, the amber sights quickly surveyed the surround. Meeting the gaze of crewmembers scattered about, he gleaned that something was out of place and continued on to the quarterdeck. Finding Lamaire at the larboard rail, Jean-Micheale approached to take stance alongside. Dominique handed the extended 'glass he had been using seconds before to his cousin and pointed to the innermost curve of the shoreline. What Fournier viewed there conjured mixed feelings of wariness and his mental facalties clicked methodicly as to actions to be taken.

Jean-Micheale considered the scortched remains of Le Rideau Rouge and the buildings in near proximity. Panning the harbour and land nearby revealed two things. The brothel's fate may have simply been an accident involving drunken stupidity, for movement onshore seemed its' normal manner and there was nothing that indicated any form of threat. But it was the second realization that furrowed the Capitaine's brow. Scanning the harbour's current occupants revealed that Le Requiem was the only frigate in attendance.

Handing the 'glass back, Jean-Micheale contemplated momentarily then turned to Lamaire. " Continue with our original intention of mooring, but I wish that no liberty be issued just yet. I wish word to be sent to Don Vasquez so that he is aware of our arrivale. Until we receive correspondance in return, I wish that the surround is carefully watched and that all is in order for quick departure if need be."

Dominique nodded and as he turned to issue the desired wants, paused to fix the other with a raise of brow. " Chien de Garde is not in port..."

Placing his hands to rest on the rail's surface, Jean-Micheale glanced sidelong to the younger and replied quietly, "Je ne lesais que trop...malheureusement"

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::All was made ready on the cutter in the water beside the Watch Dog, provisions stored down, men armed and ready, rig set to haul up the sails... ::

A'right... Mr. PEW, climb down... Mr. St. Anthiny, Mr. Youngblood, Mr. Badger.... We shall return shortly, mayhaps richer, or bloody, for our troubles... keep a weather eye...

::The QuarterMaster nodded, stepped through the gap in the gunn'l and descended the side of the ship into the sternsheets of the cutter. with the command of "shove off" given, the small boat was pushed away from the side, the sails hauled up and trimmed to the wind... the gap between the two ships was not more that two cable lengths and the cutter spanned the gap quickly. as they sidled up to the spanish merchant, the QuarterMaster cleared his throat and spoke...::

Permiso de subir!

::a slightly wavering answer came from the quarterdeck of the merchant...::

"El Permiso Concedió"

:: Mr. Lasseter smiled that ferral smile again...::

Right Lads, follow me....

::Mr. Lasseter hopped the gap onto the boarding steps and made his way onto the deck, seeing a handfull of nervous sailors standing in a group in the waist... the two finely dressed men were standing just at the base of the stairs to the quarterdeck, they looked like lost sheep and slowly made their way to the Irishman who now graced their deck, followed by a score of his own sailors...Mr. Lasseter gave a shallow bow and greeted them in his best, rusty spanish...::

Sires del buen día...

¿Cuál de usted es el capitán?

::the two men looked at each other and finally the taller of the two stepped forward, gave a short bow and started speaking very quickly.... Mr. Lasseter held up his hand,::

Un momento por favor....

Mr PEW, please transelate wot El Capitán is sayin'... 'e's speakin' too fast fer mine ears...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Sires del buen día...

¿Cuál de usted es el capitán?

"Aye sah."

"'e be askin' who is the Captain o' the Watch Dog, sah"

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

::Mr. Lasseter wrinkled his brow... ::

Hmmm... dinn't sound like tha' ta me...

Tell 'im ta slow down... I ain't tha' well versed in such a quick tongue...

::He turned back to the spaniards and smiled, waiting for Mr. PEW to speak...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

::I slowly approach the man with the speaking horn and introduce myself and our crew who are aboard the Spanish vessel. The short, portly man dressed in in fineries barges through and starts shouting:

"¿Cuál de usted es el capitán?", then louder again "¿¿¿Cuál de usted es el capitán??? ¿Por que tirateo' a mi acorazado? ¿NO DESCONTAMOS A PIRATAS?"

::I try to contain my laughter as Mr.Lasseter looks at me quizzically,

"Mr. Lasseter, he wants ta be knowin' who the Captain is," Mr Lasseter crosses his arms and stares at the little man, "He also wants ta know why we shot at his . . . .err . . . battleship". Our crew from the Watch Dog chuckle but Mr. Lasseter hinges on the last word from the Spanish Captain, "He says he won't "abandon ship" to pirates . . . "

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

::The QuarterMaster looks the Spanish Captain from top to toe... then slowly turns his head to Mr. PEW...::

Battleship? This... this... tub of a brig, a battleship?

Tell, El Capitán that we fire 'cross 'is bow seein' as he were not bein' kindly enough ta heave to when we fired 'r signal gun...

And tell 'im our Capitán is William Hollande... th' Honourable William Hollande and that I am th' QuarterMaster... We are not Pirates as we 'ave a letter o' reprisal from 'Is Majesty o' France... Tell 'im we 'ave a weeks supply o' food n' water fer 'is crew....

::He smiled at the captain again, the slight ferral smile returning...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Tell, El Capitán that we fire 'cross 'is bow seein' as he were not bein' kindly enough ta heave to when we fired 'r signal gun...

And tell 'im our Capitán is William Hollande... th' Honourable William Hollande and that I am th' QuarterMaster... We are not Pirates as we 'ave a letter o' reprisal from 'Is Majesty o' France... Tell 'im we 'ave a weeks supply o' food n' water fer 'is crew....

::I translate our Quartermaster's message to their Captain when a strange look falls upon the speaker's face.

"¿Perdon mi Capitán, Senor Hollande?"

"Si. Capitán William Hollande. Ay problema?", I inquire.

"No problema está qui", with that he turns and whispers in his Captain's ear for a few minutes. The Captain turns and speaks in very broken English to Mr Lasseter, "We no take accoro from piratas"

Ye no take accoro from pirates, eh?

Then ye be in luck... fer we ain't pirates....

Mr. PEW, tell 'em...

:: As Mr. PEW transelates, the Spanish officers start to speak all at once, protesting the nature of what the Watch Dog is...::

Enough! ¡Silencio!

Very well... Lads! Round up th' crew, take 'em ta' th' bow...

Mr. PEW, tell 'em thay 'ave forced m' hand.... They shall be held under armed guard up in th' bow wi' the rest o' their crew... We gonna 'ave a look 'round their.... battleship... We shall give 'em the provisions we brought 'em... weather they like it r' not....

But, I'll be seein' if thay's got something we need...

Right... go no, tell 'em, then take 'em for'ard... I'll be in th' cap'n quarters, lookin' o'er his logbooks...

:: As the men of the Watch Dog follow the QuarterMasters orders, he just stands and smiles, watching the looks on the faces of the spaniards... once they are coralled in the bow, he slowly strolls to the stern and below, heading to the captains quarters...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ajayi came up on the deck after the second gun fired fearing he would be needed to fight back anyone dumb enough to try and board this ship. And he was ready to put his best effort forth too! He thought about how much fun it would be cutting little navy men in half!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

The deck hummed with anticipation and the sounds of men anxiously prepairing and waiting for action. After the Quatermaster had boarded the cutter Tudor made her way to the armoury, to equip herself with some blades, incase negotions on board the spanish ship went a-wry. After retrieving her personal rapier and main gauche from Mr. St. Anthony, and stowing them on her belt, she made her way back to the deck. With comfortable ease, she straddled the railing of the deck and pulled out first one then the other of her pistols to make sure they were clean, ready and loaded, one ear always carefully listening to the distance voices of Mr. Lasseter and the spanish captain.

Hearing the faint echos of movement of men and the Quatermasters orders on the other ship, Tudor looked up to see all of the spanish crew being corralled and Mr. Lasseter going below. Taking a cue from him, Tudor slid off the rail and made her way to the Ward room, to ready it, anticipating the Quatermasters return which she knew would be in short order.

:: Mr. Lasseter took his time searching through the ships logbooks, seeing that the captain had told the truth of where they had come from, what cargo they had aboard, et cetra... nothing of any true value to them was to be had except twenty barrels of french wine...::

Hmmm....I s'pose a weeks worth o' provisions'll be worth tha'...

:: He stood and tucked the ledger under his arm and walked out of the wardroom, back through the passageway and out into the sunshine on deck where Mr. PEW stood...::

Mr. PEW, as I see it, there be naught on board of worth to us aside from twenty barrels o' fine french wine... please correct me if I be wrong...

Have six of th' men sway up th' provisions an' load th' wine inta th' cutter... then, we shall make our way back ta la Margarita.... we 'ave business there...

:: Mr. PEW looked through the ledger, nodded to the QuarterMaster and headed to gather the men to start the loading and unloading process... ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Le Requiem ~ La Margarita

Word had been sent, received and correspondance of answer returned. Upon high burnished surface lay two sealed paperments, one scented faintly of jasmine. Imediately to the right, Fernando Vasquez savored the pungent flavor of bordueax and gave warm smile in approval. Conversation flowed with ease as the Castillian related occurances of recent and past, in turn leading up to the current moment. Inwardly, the Capitaine from Marseille relaxed as information was revealed in regard to the fire raveged buildings standing the shoreline.

Subjects turned to the tall flame crowned man who had vigilantly chosen solace above on deck. Fernando spoke of the original meeting aboard the Watch Dog, the propositions presented; the enigma of Hollande's dissapearance; the agreement regarding the Dutchman which soon would be completely resolved upon the vessel's return.

With three bottles of burgandy elixir put to rest, the Castillian begged leave to return to shore. There were preperations to be delt with and he knew that the Don would be eager for news of his old friend's return. Fournier accompanied his guest to the upper reaches and after expressing his anticipation of visiting the hacienda on the next evening, bade Fernando well.

As the launch made way for the land nearby, Jean-Micheale turned his attention to the bow and the man that stood in solitude there. Making way forward, the Frenchman approached William Brand to relay what had been learned.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

::With the provisions taken from the cutter in exchange for the barrels of wine, Mr. Lasseter felt it was time to take their leave of the spanish merchant...::

A'right lads! let 'em go! Back inta th' cutter an' back ta 'r ship.....

Mr. PEW... tell El Capitán tha' we thank him for the wine in exchange fer th' provisions, an I bid 'im a goode day...

::The QuarterMaster stood with his hands on his pistol butts as Mr. PEW transelated, seeing that the Spanish Captain shifted his vision from between Mr. PEW and the threat of the Dragoons in Mr. Lasseter's belt... Once Mr. PEW has finished, the spaniard hesitantly bowed and backed away for them to head into the cutter... soon after, Mr. Lasseter was back on the deck of the 'Dog, orders to sway in the cargo and cutter were given, along with orders to sail back to la Margarita...::

Set e'ery stitch o' canvas we got... no time ta waste now...

::With a nod he headed below deck, back to the wardroom... Upon entering, he saw Ms. Smith waiting near the table, logbooks and ledgers stacked, waiting for his parusal...::

Why, Ms. Smith... very goode o' ye ta make ready all this fer me... very goode indeed... ye may take yer leave iffn' ye wish..... We's headin' back ta La Margarita, so's we c'n finalize 'r exchange fer tha' bastard dutchman...

I shall be back momentarily, need somat from m'cabin...

::With a gentle smile he turned away and headed into his cabin... he sat heavily on his chest, leaning back against the bulkhead, tossing his hat onto the chair and closing his eyes... very quietly he spoke to himself...::

Blast i'tall ta hell... I's tryin' Cap'n... I know ye be out there, somewheres... orders r' not, but once I get this all sorted out in La Margarita, I gonna have someone o'er a barrel findin' out where ye be... not ta worry... yer ships safe... lease til King Neptune says otherwise...

::He continued to sit and ponder what fates lay ahead...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

::Upon going back aboard the Watch Dog, I go see Mr. St. Anthony to return my cutlass and flintlocks. I pass Mr. Lasseter on the way and continue to my bunk. I sit down and change out of my clothes for what has seemed to be an eternity. Feeling freshly doffed I pull out a bottle I had purloined while in La Margarita. I pull a swig from the bottle and ponder over the last weeks events.

I leave the crews quarters and head towards Mr. Lasseter's cabin. I knock three times briskly on his cabin door and wait for a reply.::

:: The knock on the QuarterMaster's door brings him our of his thoughts, almost causing him to jump...instead he slowly stands and opens the door to see Mr. PEW standing there...::

Aye Mr. PEW... wot c'n I do fer you?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The mens class of swordfighting had grown to forty-seven men and they were all practicing very very slow making certain the sword side foot never left the ground during the initial blow. If by slowing them down I was able to show the foot when and if it were rising or the elbow when and if it were dropping. They were good in all, ready to move on! I went over with them stance, low center of gravity, top to bottom blow, feet on the ground and elbow up. This was a long road to hoe. How much time would we have?

There would be only two returns to teach: easy and hard

To do the easy return simply let gravity take your hand downward I said. While your arm drops, reverse your hip motion. Lock your wrist as it is on impact, let the sword fall until the moment just before it is at the side of the swordside knee. Simultaneously you will have completed straightening your hips At that point your body follows so bend your wrist toward your shoulder. Your arm's momentum will carry the sword to where it should be. Finish this one fluid motion by returning, at last, to proper stance. Feet in a right angle, shield toe pointed at the opponent, hips and shoulders in line over feet, head still, upright, and centered, elbow up, and sword falling down your spine.

The hard return is little in difference. Instead of letting the arm drop, I showed them the fighter pulls his swordside elbow straight back as though he were elbowing the person behind him. Finish the return as above in the easy return. The advantage here is that it's a little quicker and a little more aggressive I said adding. It does not matter how you return the sword as long as: one, the hips twist back to the start position;

two, the sword ends up behind you;

three, during the return, the fighter can move, defend, and attack.

And, of course, the return should be made as quickly and smoothly as possible. I recommended they stick to the "easy return" and perfect that first.

Then it came to me if these men would ever have a decent chance (what only 60 percent cassualties) I will begin to address this not as a sword fighting class but a killing class they'll never be able to last long with experiance so I will teach them how to kill.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

"Well Mr. Lasseter, I sees that ye be a fit Cap . . .errr . . .Quartemaster for us. I a been watchin' ya take over for da goodly Cap'n in his stead . . . but . . ."

::Mr. Lasseter sat up in his bunk and seemed to be truly listening,::

"Well sah, I dunno much about ye, and if'n ye don't mind I'dsta like ta hav a chat with ya . . "

:With that I pulled a small bottle out from behind my back and swirl the contents around::

"I do trust ya and such, but dunno alot about ye . . .If'n ye don't mind sah, whereabouts ye be from sah?"

::I pull out a small footstool and sit leaning back on the doorway and offer the bottle to the Quartermaster . . .

::The QuarterMaster raises an eyebrow at the stumble of words, Mr. PEW catching himself before calling him 'captain'... then the casual asking of his life's whereabouts... The offering of the bottle a fine gesture, he took it from Mr. PEW, uncorked it and passed the open top under his nose taking in the boquet... finding it to his liking, Dorian tipped the bottle to his lips, then handed it back to the man...::

I am humbled by yer trust in me as a leader... An' I don't find an issue with yer wantin' ta know 'bout m'past...

I come from Roisin Dubh... spent me early years in m' fa'her's shipyard on th' Isle o'Arrin... went ta sea on Merchants an' privately owned armed ships... mostly merchants, tho... til I was pressed onta a Kings ship... I spent a handful o' years under th' threat o' th' lash o' them ingratious english...

I have learnt much in tha' service, an I still find much irony in tha' I truly hated them officers.... an' look at me now....

I been 'round most o' this world on th' water... seen an' done some horrible things... tho it be wot life brung me... No matter... I's a free man... I'll take a berth where I choose... an' right now... this'n is grande... But mark my words.... command has a heavy responsibility carried on th' shoulders... not ta be taken lightly....

::Mr. Lasseter watched the expressions cross Mr. PEW's face as he talked, then waited for more questions once he finished...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

William waited patiently while information was gleened and then explained. He removed his hat once to whipe his brow as he listened, occasionally interjecting with a question or comment, clarifying the details that passed between them.

He ran his finger along an old scar on his left hand.

"Where do we go from here?"

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

La Hacienda Del Sol ~ La Margarita

Guests of distinguished bearing began arrivals as the sun made westerly trek. A constant parade of eloquated coaches drawn by matched teams of regal manner travelled to pause in front of the grand main entrance and emit forth peacocks of human form layered in the finest of adornments. Each was received, in turn, by the Master and Mistress of the House and their daughter; who in her own right, did well to outshine all others of feminin qualities that were present. Considered a very lucky catch by bachelors who's efforts thus far, had been met with lack of succsessful outcome, Maria Vasquez acted the picture of congeniality to all who entered the foyer. Her large dark, expressive eyes gave forth a sincere and warm welcome to those who spoke to her, though it was not lost upon the elders that those same eyes flittted rapidly to the large double doors of entrance betwixt words of welcome.

The sun set lower in its passage, the parade slowed its coursing as most of those invited had made destination. Golden lumination danced through crystal cut drops suspended high above and cast delicate patterns of rainbow upon the high polished surface of marble floor. It was as Maria was watching this dance of reflection and light, that the announcement came. Signaled by three distinct taps on polished floor, the valet's voice carried forth in deep timbre, the names of five now standing the convex landing. She controlled the impulse to dart her attention to the new arrivales, four she knew...one she did not.

Standing aside the ritual of protocal, Don Vasquez broke from the receiving line to meet the five halfway. Approaching the tall Frenchman, with a wide smile of welcome and nods to the others. Jean-Micheale echoed the Castillian's expression and the two embraced as old friends are want to do. Stepping back, introductions were made betwixt Host and the flame crowned man in French company. William "Hollande" was received as though he were a royal from another land and brief conversation ensued in friendly manner.

Greetings made all around, Don Vasquez lead the company to where his wife and daughter waited, not having moved from placement. Introductions and greetings made the round once more and Donna Vasquez took the hand of William and expressed gratitude for his part in staunching an old wound of heart and soul. Embracing Jean-Micheale as a long lost son, she expressed her happiness in his return to La Margarita, before gently joining the Frenchman's hand with that of her daughter's with a knowing smile.

Bowing deeply and with much flourish, Jean-Micheale brushed lips to the soft back of Maria's hand. " Mademoiselle, it is with great honor that I am given the opportunity to gaze humbly upon your beauty and be taken into the grace of your presence..."

::Time passed aboard the Watch Dog as they sailed back to the spanish port of la Margarita, which was becoming a familiar area, even with the efforts of trying not to be... The past days were somewhat interesting, yet left an empty feeling in the QuarterMaster's gut... His manor remained somewhat distant until the the sighting of land was made, his disposition cheered a bit as he held the holy ground untill the port was in sight, where he noticed much fresh activity... Taking his glass in hand and hoisting himself up on the rail, lacing an arm through the rigging he peered at the ships in the port... ::

Well, Lads... 'pears ta be some new ships in port 'ere... big French bastard, an' a bunch o' other's... Cox'n! let us drop anchor o'er there... give a wide berth...

::He dropped back to the deck, collapsing his glass and starting to pace fore and aft on the quarterdeck... his thought turned to what needed to be accomplished in the time they would be here... the shorter the better, he thought...::

My Compliments, Mr. Badger... We need ta resupply 'r fresh water n' victuals tha' we traded th' merchant fer. and wote'er else we may need...

Pass word fer Th' Surgeon's Mate!

::The crew were bustling about, making reperations for dropping anchor and readying what would be necessary to achieve completion of the orders given...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

At the receipt of word from above, Armand left his sister's company to answer the Quartermaster's request for audience. Reaching the upper realms, he paused to note location of vessel and the presence of landfall nearby. Moving on to where Dorian now stood, the Gascon waited quietly to be acknowledged...

::hearing footfalls come close, Mr. Lasseter looked up to see Armand coming to rest not more than an arms length away...::

Thankee fer comin' so quickly, Armand... As ye c'n see... we be back at La Margarita... time ta claim wot th' Don promised us... And, again, I was hoping to make use o' yer courtly ability.... As I hope some knowledge of 'r Cap'n might be gain'd this time 'round.... We now have several barrels o' fine french wine... I would thing an offerin' o say... five barrels would be grande gesture?

If ye would oblige... I plan ta have th' cutter fitted out with th' longboat in tow, therefore resupplyin' c'n start an' you an' whom'e'er ya take wi' ye has a way back aboard with said promised particulars...

:: He stood and waited for what response the young Frenchman would give.... ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

The Gascon considered carefully what Dorian said, and after a moment of contemplation, glanced to the darkening skies before replying.

" I think that a gift of such proportion would be gladly accepted and appreciated by Don Vasquez. Though, if you are to take into consideration the rites of propriety and the hour of the day..." The cool grey of sight centered on the other. " I would think it best to send word of our arrival back in port before making any further movements. The choice is yours to make, but I think it to be the wiser decision, non?"

Armand's attention was drawn away to the vessels within the harbour's safety. Noticing the unfamiliar lines of what apeared to be a French frigate, the Frenchman asked for the Quartermaster's 'glass. A quick survey of her closer inspection revealed three things. Though she flew colors of France, there was also a standard bearing the same crest viewed at Don Vasquez's hacienda. The name bore across her stern proclaimed, " Le Requiem " and her design was a variation of what was the norm for her class.

Handing the glass back, Armand's brow furrowed ever so slightly as he spoke, " Was not the name of the vessel sighted by that Spanish merchantman, Le Requiem?"

" I think that a gift of such proportion would be gladly accepted and appreciated by Don Vasquez. Though, if you are to take into consideration the rites of propriety and the hour of the day..." The cool grey of sight centered on the other. " I would think it best to send word of our arrival back in port before making any further movements. The choice is yours to make, but I think it to be the wiser decision, non?"

::Dorian nodded as the Gascon spoke...::

Indeed, Lad... I had not intended ta just burst upon th' scene, unannounced... I had just wanted my wishes known to ye... I am not one ta hold back my wonts... unless tis necessary ta do so...

Yes, I plan ta send greetings to th' Don and await a return messsage... Tho, I do wish ta get this o'erwith post-haste... we don't have time ta dwaddle about, presently...

::Armand asked for and was given Mr. Lasseter's 'glass, with which he inspected the large ship of war in the harbor... Handing the glass back, Armand's brow furrowed ever so slightly as he spoke, " Was not the name of the vessel sighted by that Spanish merchantman, Le Requiem?"

:: The QuarterMaster smiled slightly...::

ye noticed tha' now... Indeed it was Le Requiem tha' was sighted by th' merchant.... Another reason why I'd like r' time here ta be quick... a new ship in th' area may not bode well... let us hope tha' th' Don is none too busy an' won't keep us waitin'...

::Dorian turned his attention away from Armand as the cock was let go and the anchor plunged into the shallows, finding purchase on the ocean floor...::

Well, I must head below, write out a fine note ta th' Don...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif